It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solutions to election integrity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   
In addition to traditional reform talk, I think we need to protect and respect Election Day every year.

Make Election Day a National holiday.
Encourage all non-essential businesses to close— perhaps give a tax credit for any business that closes on Election Day, and an additional credit for any employers who make it a paid holiday.
Open polling for 24 hours.
News blackout until all polls are closed, including no projecting winners until polls are closed.
Free local transportation via public transit or even Uber-like set-up to polling places.
Have everyone vote on paper, so results can be hand verified if needed.
If using an electronic tabulation method, have people make sure they can see their results are tabulated correctly before they leave.

ETA: no more getting harassed by party reps from the parking lot to the polling place. It annoying, stupid, and manipulative.
edit on 10-5-2021 by SuperStudChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail
a reply to: Annee

Quit looking for problems and look for solutions .

90% tax rate for cheaters. Don't have a job? Pay 90% of the minimum wage rate for your tax. Can't pay that? Welcome to felony status. Think you're just going to jail with three hots and a cot? Think about doing your time chained to the rest of the inmates building roads ... and getting your ass kicked every day.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperStudChuck

Not exactly sure things need closing but national holiday yea...I can get behind that. If you have to work because your biz wants to pay you double time holiday pay then f%*& yea for you. You can vote absentee even and do it a month or so out...and if you don't live in like the heart of a metropolis you probably won't wait in any line. Just show ID get a ballot and vote...youre done.

I guess to me its about less intrusion not more (doesn't mean I don't support proving you're a citizen to get a vote....thats some basic ass s*%& grow up and be an adult)...but a national holiday for elections shows pride and if can get behind that!
edit on 10-5-2021 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:56 AM
link   
One thing I would add is a total purge of the voting rolls in every year ending in one. 21, 31, and so on. Do the purge in January and then let the movated sign back up. Would solve a lot of the dead and or invalid voters out there if routine purges were held.

Oh, and hard election days. Except for military votes make election day the last day votes can be received. Any votes received after 8 pm election day are invalid period. Military votes can be a week later. And ballot harvesting is banned. Etc. Etc.
edit on 10-5-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Halfswede

So, you’re eliminating mail in voting?

Only those who can physically get to their voting place can vote?

I hate to point out what would be obvious to someone who read them, but try reading anyway... number 2 specifically addresses absentee and military. But in general, mail in needs to be be for those who literally can't make it, not just laziness.

Also feel free and propose an alternative that meets those requirements for mail in for everyone or explain why the requirement isn't necessary. If it can't be secure,...

I did read it.

Explain how #2 address military and absentee.

“2. Each person who votes is verified to be the person they claim to be at the time of voting -- verified in situ”

I support online voting. Probably not an alternative you would support.

I'm not going to fault you for not understanding . The OP is not the solutions . The OP is the requirements the solutions must meet. I repeat, those are not solutions in the OP nor should they be read as such. I then said I would chime in on a later post with my attempt at solutions. If you didn't understand that, I can forgive you.

The subjects are broken down so that each can be addressed by number and individually. I think everyone should be able to agree that these are appropriate goals.

I don't know if it is comprehensive, but it seems pretty close. I purposely left them as problems needing solutions that I think everyone should agree on. Please try and stay focused on each individually as they are addressed. Some solutions obviously can cover multiple problems.

I will chime in with my own ideas, but don't want to taint the pool right off the bat.

Then about 5 posts in, I went ahead and answered with my ideas on solutions

Here's my initial cut.

2. Each person who votes is verified to be the person they claim to be at the time of voting -- verified in situ

Voter ID card is entered in the presence of voter personnel and pin entered before vote is activated. A clear picture is taken at the time and logged with the ID#.

See number 4 below. A thumbprint is applied to the ballot and scanned (nobody is verifying thumbprint at this point) If any funny business happens (ID and pin stolen), the pic and thumbprint can be used. See # 6 below.

For absentee, you request the volunteer come to your location with the portable verification machine. The ballot is filled, encoded with Serial number (see #5), put in an envelope, and tracking scanned into an approved container.

For military, bases have the same system. You go, get verified, create ballot.

Again, I can understand you misunderstanding the directions in the OP, but it is telling that you don't apparently read anything else that is posted. It's just a few posts down and a pretty prominent post full of all of the proposed ways you could solve the problems in the OP.

To be honest, I see you post all the time and know you just like yanking people around getting them to do your homework for you. That is a very selfish trait.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I’m just spitballing. But I’m willing to compromise to remove any excuse.

There is pride in country and the system that needs to exist, though. And people need to believe their vote matters and counts. I’ll let the rest of you solve those problems.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Military typically has an officer heading up absentee ballots, officer could verify each voter, or you could take the fact that on base especially over seas you need a federal ID to get onto the base and anything being mailed state side is done from on base.

98% of the military probably more are US citizens, so it kinda becomes a self correcting problem as long as chain of custody rules get followed.

All that said most election years over seas ballots dont get counted in many places.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Ive got one, and I’m serious... the people working at the polling and voting places need to be vetted and paid.
Maybe this is where the national guard comes in or something.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I asked 2 questions.

You said the answer was in #2. It’s not.

I did not misinterpret anything.

I don’t need some big long sidestep.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

You seem to be very unfamiliar with UOCAVA voting

Military typically has an officer heading up absentee ballots, officer could verify each voter, or you could take the fact that on base especially over seas you need a federal ID to get onto the base and anything being mailed state side is done from on base.

Incorrect. This is done at the unit level typically by an NCO. Some states offer online ballot returning to military members so returning by mail is minimum.

All that said most election years over seas ballots dont get counted in many places.

UOCAVA votes are tallied with absentee/VBM ballots and they are always counted.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Ive got one, and I’m serious... the people working at the polling and voting places need to be vetted and paid.
Maybe this is where the national guard comes in or something.

Keep the military or police as far away from the electoral process.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

Incorrect. This is done at the unit level typically by an NCO. Some states offer online ballot returning to military members so returning by mail is minimum.

My anecdotal evidence of 20+ years in the military 4 years over seas says differently.

Some states count them first others dont unless the race is to close to call, thats what election officials told me because routinely military over seas ballots come in right at the dead line or late.

While NCO's head up in the flights there is an OIC at each sq and certainly and officer (with NCO) at the group and wing level, they need bullets for their OPR as well.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

My anecdotal evidence of 20+ years in the military 4 years over seas says differently.

Some states count them first others dont unless the race is to close to call, thats what election officials told me because routinely military over seas ballots come in right at the dead line or late.

While NCO's head up in the flights there is an OIC at each sq and certainly and officer (with NCO) at the group and wing level, they need bullets for their OPR as well.

That’s the process for all absentee ballots though. If they are received past certain date they are counted last if needed to determine a race. People that use online ballot returning before the particular state deadline will have their vote counted 100% .

You are correct about officer involvement up the chain though. Voting rep positions are for information purposes only though. They don’t verify or decide anything related to voting eligibility.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Even the Mail-in/online/wrong or crowded polling location can be fixed in person. Go to any polling location and vote on a provisional ballot. Meaning they check to be sure it is you and they check to be sure you didn’t vote somewhere else befo4e it is counted. In fact your vote may not even be counted at all if the election wasn’t close enough for provisional ballots to make a difference.

In person and verified is and should be the only way a vote counts, with very few exceptions. Military, vacation, surgery, jury sequestration, etc. “Because I don’t feel like it” is not a legitimate excuse.

Penalties should be exceptionally stiff such as ineligible candidate for life and temporary bans for the political party for supporting to whatever level of support (local, county, state, national).

But by the same token...California’s “jungle elections” also need ended. You end up with brain dead Nancy and whichever Democrat is dumber (as to think they could actually win against her) as your choices. And has been that way for decades.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

First you have to WANT voter integrity (I'm looking at the democrats). But the way we vote in my district covers 1 - 4, 6, & 8. When I get to the local high school where our voting poll is at, I have to:

1. Enter at the correct entrance. There's one for inside city limits and one for outside of city limits.
2. Show Poll Worker #1 my ID. She finds my name in the voter registry, writes down my ID number beside my name, and calls my name out to two other Poll Workers. They both write my name down as well.
3. I sign my name on the line next to my name.
4. I go to the electronic booth I'm directed to and I push the button(s) of the people/bills I'm voting for.

I can't guarantee that the vote was counted correctly and manipulation free, but I can verify - before I push the submit button - that all my choices are highlighted.

I am, however, in a Conservative district so we require all the things every district should require. Living in a small town, everybody knows everybody and I usually see black people that are very poor make it in to vote, and the nearest DMV is 25 miles away. Funny how they can make it to a DMV and find the money to get an ID, but people in the inner cities that are right around the corner from a DMV can't.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Voting rep positions are for information purposes only though. They don’t verify or decide anything related to voting eligibility.

true but how hard would it be to add some useless CBT and certify an officer to do the verification?

that was my thought process at least, in my opinion if we are going to institute verification for civilians then it should be instituted for military as well even though the vast majority are citizens.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I asked 2 questions.

You said the answer was in #2. It’s not.

I did not misinterpret anything.

I don’t need some big long sidestep.

It's literally in the answer to number 2. The OP clearly states the questions and the follow up post has the solutions. I then quoted the part from number 2 specifically calling out absentee and military. I can't help it if you are straight retarded.
edit on 10-5-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

We could just create a national DNA database that utilizes blockchain tech.

DNA scanners used at polling stations.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

By your own statement you are willing to disenfranchise people from voting for some sort of greater good that I don’t understand. VBM is no small section, 46% of the electorate voted by mail in 2020.
a reply to: Bunch

46% voted by mail for one reason and that is Covid-19 , lets not stand on sentiment and act like those people could not have Voted in person .

In a normal voting year when everyone isn't scared to death of a phantom Virus mail in voting would be much much less of a factor.

I’m not a big fan of voter ID requirements

Really , and I would love to know why that is ? I know the answer of course but I just wanna see you say it .

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

So, you’re eliminating mail in voting?

Only those who can physically get to their voting place can vote?

The OP said solutions not complaints , are you literally incapable of such objective thought .

I see 2 questions.

Are you incapable of telling the difference between a question and a complaint?

It was a question for you my good lady not the OP.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join