It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solutions to election integrity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: Annee
So, you’re eliminating mail in voting?

Only those who can physically get to their voting place can vote?

I hate to point out what would be obvious to someone who read them, but try reading anyway... number 2 specifically addresses absentee and military. But in general, mail in needs to be be for those who literally can't make it, not just laziness.

Also feel free and propose an alternative that meets those requirements for mail in for everyone or explain why the requirement isn't necessary. If it can't be secure,...

I did read it.

Explain how #2 address military and absentee.

“2. Each person who votes is verified to be the person they claim to be at the time of voting -- verified in situ”

I support online voting. Probably not an alternative you would support.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   
My solution to election integrity would be to due better in the next election.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
This a thread for solutions. Not complaints. Please respond to the number below and focus on each item individually. Some things have obvious answers, others not. Again, this isn't for complaining and pointing fingers, just solutions.

The subjects are broken down so that each can be addressed by number and individually. I think everyone should be able to agree that these are appropriate goals.

I don't know if it is comprehensive, but it seems pretty close. I purposely left them as problems needing solutions that I think everyone should agree on. Please try and stay focused on each individually as they are addressed. Some solutions obviously can cover multiple problems.

I will chime in with my own ideas, but don't want to taint the pool right off the bat.

How to accomplish the following:

1. Each person who votes is verified to be eligible to vote (registered, citizen, of age)

2. Each person who votes is verified to be the person they claim to be at the time of voting -- verified in situ

3. Each person who votes is verified to be voting in the right location (county/state)

4. Each person who votes is verified to only vote once per election cycle.

5. Each vote is counted once

6. Each vote can be verified by the voter after the fact (Yes, my vote was for XX candidate)

7. Counting is unable to be manipulated

8. Somebody has enforcement jurisdiction for election issues at the time of issue (eg. They won't let me observe -- police address right then and there)

1. Sure

2. What about mail in votes? Mail in votes is convenient for many people due to health, work schedules/line of work. I think a model similar to the one Wisconsin uses can satisfy the concerns on the right in regard to mail in votes.

3. Sure. While we at it let’s make sure we have adequate amount of polling locations so people don’t have to wait hours to cast a vote.

4. Sure

5. Sure

6. Care to elaborate? I don’t want the government to have any sort of database build up to see how I voted.

7. Sure

8. No police. There are already processes in play to adjudicate election issues. Keep the military or police as far away from the election process as possible.

I will add a few on mine:
9. Early in-person voting to start 50 days before the election with full Saturday-Sunday 12 hours voting period.

10. Absentee drop off boxes amount adjusted to county population at a minimum. If a particular county wants to add more than the minimum then go for it.

11. Allow the counting of mail in/absentee ballots/early voting to start 2 weeks prior to election or as requested by election officials.

12. Make Federal Election Day a holiday.
edit on 9-5-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Dbl

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

There has always been a method for absentee and military. Its one that requires showing ID and verifying you are the actual registered voter. This is what was lacking from the mail scheme which was rife for fraud. The internet is not safe for voting...hell its not safe for networks controlling pipelines either apparently. And how many data breaches have there been on the last decade. How many 100s of millions of people's info is now out there...

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

3. Sure. While we at it let’s make sure we have adequate amount of polling locations so people don’t have to wait hours to cast a vote.

Yes. Gerrymandering & closing down polls in certain districts does not make for fair elections.

I also support vote holiday.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

You are partially correct. Military member voting under UOCAVA are required to present ID when registering to vote but are exempt from any voter ID requirement nationwide thereafter. So technically they vote absentee without needing to provide ID and that applies to their dependents as well.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede
Fix several of the problems instantly, by having people of INTEGRITY and HONESTY in positions of authority. Election officials, Law Enforcement, and Judicial.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Democrats and Republicans do not want honest elections. Both sides rig things to keep people they want in office to control all the power.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Uncle sam already owns them...I feel like the extra paperwork and knowledge the gov already has in that case tends to weed the fraud out.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
Democrats and Republicans do not want honest elections. Both sides rig things to keep people they want in office to control all the power.

In a way, that's a relief. I can't imagine what type of human beings think Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Jerry Nadler, Hank Johnson, and others, are the best representatives available for their district. There must not be any alternatives to those idiots.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

There has always been a method for absentee and military.

I never said there wasn’t.
edit on 9-5-2021 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   

So then there isn't anything to address in the first place...

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

So then there isn't anything to address in the first place...

Read the conversation.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I did...

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

You could have a unity-gain feedback circuit, so....

Oh wait, you said election, not electron. My bad

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Step 1: present a candidate who isn't hot garbage.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   

The OP said solutions not complaints , are you literally incapable of such objective thought Annee.

Mail in voting is necessary for USA citizens not with in the continental USA i.e. Military or people abroad.

Other than that Mail in Voting is completely unnecessary and completely ripe for fraud , If you are in the Continental USA you should vote in person PERIOD .

and I say Period because voting in person is the only way voting can be truly fair and controlled, atleast for now it is .

But if you have a SOLUTION to somehow legitimize mail-in-voting to be as reliable as in person voting then I'm all ears.

and If your thinking but but some people are incapable of voting in person , then my retort will be 100% of the USA does not vote never has so completely destabilizing the entire voting system with mail-in-voting just to suit a small minority of people incapable of voting in person is just a Leftist tactic to Fraud PERIOD.

Voting is for the Greater good and so are voting rules .

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

and If your thinking but but some people are incapable of voting in person , then my retort will be 100% of the USA does not vote never has so completely destabilizing the entire voting system with mail-in-voting just to suit a small minority of people incapable of voting in person is just a Leftist tactic to Fraud PERIOD.

Voting is for the Greater good and so are voting rules .

By your own statement you are willing to disenfranchise people from voting for some sort of greater good that I don’t understand. VBM is no small section, 46% of the electorate voted by mail in 2020. VBM generally favors workers, wealthier and older more well to do folks that usually lean Republican.

Wisconsin has a VBM system that requires voter ID and signature matching among other verification measures. It doesn’t get more secure than that. I’m not a big fan of voter ID requirements but if that what it takes to get you guys from beating this dead horse I think we can compromise on that.

And voting is not some sort of greater good. Is a right that every citizens is born with.

edit on 10-5-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

The OP said solutions not complaints , are you literally incapable of such objective thought .

I see 2 questions.

Are you incapable of telling the difference between a question and a complaint?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join