It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallujah: From insurgent stronghold to 'safest city in Iraq'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
DrHoracid:

Never read the bible have you? Try the first three books there jakooooo.

Oh, I see. I tend to pay more attention to this thing called the New Testament, with the Son Of God. He was about forgiveness and love, not like the Old Testament's vengeful God who turned people into pillars of salt and got people to sacrifice their first born.

But I guess if you can just pick and choose any relevant portion in the Bible to support your own evil, murderous ideals, you wouldn't be the first.

Gratz.

jako

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Oh, I see. I tend to pay more attention to this thing called the New Testament, with the Son Of God. He was about forgiveness and love, not like the Old Testament's vengeful God who turned people into pillars of salt and got people to sacrifice their first born.

But I guess if you can just pick and choose any relevant portion in the Bible to support your own evil, murderous ideals, you wouldn't be the first.

Gratz.

jako

Christ didn't "change" anything. he said so in his own words. Try matthew.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Make me.

j/k

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Err, "Thou shalt not kill"?

Not: "Thou shalt not kill, unless ample warning is given and you are fighting people you call terrorists but which the local population call freedom fighters"

As far as I'm aware Jesus never raised his hand to another human. I'm not sure which part of his teaching the US Marine Corps is following.....

Just going back to your comments on gated communities: which gated community have you seen that has no electricity, no clean water supply, half the buildings are rubble, packs of wild dogs roam the streets, killer diseases are rife, half the population has left and the other half shiver in their damaged houses?

What the hell is safe about Fallujah? None of us pampered Westerners would last more than an hour there. The only group it is safe for is the US military (and I bet none of them wonder about the city without heavy armour support) as most of the insurgents left before they stormed the city.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i wonder why half the insurgent forces left, they afraid of paradise? its dihonorable to leave yer comrades behind intentionally.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
"Chose to stay"? What exactly do you believe is the pre-assault decorem being followed....a door to door by Army Arab Linguists warning that we're about to bomb their crap to a lower form of crap?

No, I heard they all got engraved RSVP's.

They were given notice via fliers, loudspeakers, and translators.

So they should gladly accept refugee status, with no shelter or food guranteed for them & their kids because of intuition?

No, I would expect a sense of self-preservation to be the impetus.

BT, Fallujah was going to be cleaned out one way or another. If notice had not been given, you might have a case. As far as food and shelter, I don't know what was done, if anything. But they were warned.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
jsobecky:

Yes, I realize that. Some civilians chose to stay behind, even after being warned that the assault would take place. Those that chose to stay, chose their own fate.

Ah. Well said, I assume you are probably atheistic or something, since as far as I know there is absolutely no religion in the world that condones the killing of innocents. Even if you give them "ample warning".

Islamofascists seem to think that their religion permits it - no, demands it.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. Giving the civilians no notice would have been something to complain about. You know, the way the terrorists operate.

It astounds me to hear things like this from people. If you're Christian, plan on going to hell for it. For real. Honor thy neighbor, remember? Everyone is your neighbor.

That sounds nice written on ancient scrolls, but it doesn't work in the real world.

Dress for warmth in the afterlife, you'll need it.

Afterlife? What's that? You have some special inside knowledge on that?

Tell me, if you were threatened by a foreign army that your neighborhood would be bombed and that you should flee, would you automatically? Like a dog with its' tail between its' legs? What if you had, say, NOWHERE ELSE TO GO.

I'd only refuse to leave if I didn't want to live. If I had a family and chose to keep them there, then I would be responsible for their deaths.

Did the US Army set up ANY temporary shelters to deal with Fallujah refugees? Nope. Did they aid in any way to relocate these people? Nope.
They figured since they gave some warning they could carpetbomb the city.

You're damn right about that. Fallujah had to be cleaned out; it was a sewer that the rat terrrorists lived in and crawled out of to do their murder.

Hey, you figure that maybe some TERRORISTS left the city along with these civilians when they got warning? Hmm?

Oh, absolutlely. The only ones that stayed behind were the brainwashed patsies who believed the lie that their "brothers in arms" would be right back to help them vanquish the Americans.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"As far as I'm aware Jesus never raised his hand to another human. I'm not sure which part of his teaching the US Marine Corps is following....."

Jesus made a whip and drove the merchant's out of the temple.

Roper

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The UN is lame, nation's should be under the control of their own governments and shoul dnot be dicated by the UN. aka NEW WORLD GOVERNMENT.

No, it's not lame, if anything, it's quite active and lively. You've shown very little knowledge of the United Nations, or would have realized that the United Nations has no power over any countries Sovieriegnty.

Safest City? Of course, when so much of it's population was killed and thrown into a perpetual and constant state of fear and anxiety, how would they dare to confront thier illegal occupiers?

If anything, Iraq will become more unstable. The fallacies of this illegal war will come to light now now but years to come when the media is not so restricted and citizens can voice thier words. Sadly, CNN will never air it, why AIR news damning to thier beloved executive office?

Deep

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Fresh fighting in Fallujah as Iraqi friendly fire kills five

FALLUJAH, Iraq - Clashes erupted Thursday between Iraqi forces and rebels in the former rebel citadel of Fallujah, while a friendly fire incident near the Syrian border between Iraqi police and army left five dead.

source:
turkish.press

Yes, I am sure Fallujah is now the "Safest City in Iraq"!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join