It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallujah: From insurgent stronghold to 'safest city in Iraq'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   

"FALLUJAH, Iraq - Piles of rubble still line the streets here, but a few shops have opened on the main drag, schools are finally in session and a compensation program to help families rebuild made some token initial payments this month.

Four months after the assault on Fallujah, in the center of Iraq's Sunni Muslim heartland, American forces working to rebuild the city say they're seeing some progress, albeit limited, in a city that's still blockaded and under a curfew.

Even a little progress is an important development in a city that's been a major test for the American presence in Iraq. On March 31, 2004, four U.S. contractors were ambushed and killed here, setting off a battle when U.S. Marines tried unsuccessfully to dislodge the insurgent forces that had taken control of the city."

www.duluthsuperior.com...

Here is a story the main stream media won't show you. Victory in Iraq for the greatest president of our time. Peace through strength. The only way to make peace with radical islam is through complete military destruction. Don't ask them to the peace table, don't drag them to the pecae table, make them crawl and beg for peace.............

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Falluga, the safest city? From your link,

For businesses, the security checkpoints on the perimeter of the city are a particular hardship. Fallujah used to be less than an hour's drive from Baghdad. Now, people wait for hours in line, submitting to searches and fingerprinting. Only Fallujah residents and contractors working on reconstruction projects can enter the city.

Sounds like a prison camp to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses

[Sounds like a prison camp to me.

How is this different than "gated" communities with armed security guards outside most large cities worldwide? Or different than large military bases, or even manufacturing plants?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I live in a major city and I don't see any armed guards. Most major cities?

From your link,

Others are frustrated.

"We can't do business here," said Ali Muhammed Hussein, as he waited with his elderly father to receive a compensation check. "It's the safest city in Iraq because it's a prison."

It's not me who's saying it, it's the residents of Falluga.

If it's so great there, are you considering emigrating?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
When you slaughter a good portion of a city and then pin it down with tons of troops, chances are you aren't going to have too much conflict left in the area. Unwanted "freedom" will remain unwanted despite claims to the contrary. Shoving western democracy through the barrel of a gun to people obviously not wanting it and in complete defiance of it will not engender generational change to the new way of life. As soon as U.S. occupation is over, if that ever happens, Iraq will completely revert to hardline islamic rule.

The Fallujah bombings and final assault was a large scale version of the events of Waco Texas 1993. Done to terrorize the militancy of the region into surrender. Not that its helped any given the conitnued violence.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

How is this different than "gated" communities with armed security guards outside most large cities worldwide? Or different than large military bases, or even manufacturing plants?

Its hard to know what to say to that without sounding unfriendly. I'd love to have the verbal skills to mould a verse which would prompt you to reconsider why you hold the US actions in Fallujah and Iraq in such high esteem. It is however, beyond me. Instead, please, please please have a look at this article and then question your beliefs, if only to reconfirm them. www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Quote:

Victory in Iraq

The greatest president of our time

Peace through strength.

The only way to make peace with radical islam is through complete military destruction.

/quote

Definately makes you wonder, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I have lived in gated communities, I cant remember a time when the guard was lugging an AR15 around.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

I have lived in gated communities, I cant remember a time when the guard was lugging an AR15 around.

Most likely they were carrying a "Beretta" 9mm and a shotgun in the "booth". After 911 there is an HK somewhere close.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I have to add that most of the population is missing, in the city, some claim them death or they just move out after the assault.

Yes, I imagine that a heavily guarded city would be safe, but are they to remain like that? or US is planning to used the entire city as main base to ensure safety for the remaining citizens?

How about the rest of the nation, how safe they are.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Nothing of the sort in my country.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Most likely they were carrying a "Beretta" 9mm and a shotgun in the "booth". After 911 there is an HK somewhere close.

I honestly dont remember seeing any kind of guns, but that doesnt mean thier not there, and I would be a fool to rule it totaly out.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I honestly dont remember seeing any kind of guns, but that doesnt mean thier not there, and I would be a fool to rule it totaly out.

Sometimes the best security is the the 'strong silent" type. There if you need it, but transparent if you don't.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I live in a gated community. Let me tell ya, i can come and go as i please, and your analogy is absurd, dr.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Show me a gated community that is first leveled to the ground by the armed soldiers now guarding it and I will call Fallujah a gated community.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Show me a gated community that is first leveled to the ground by the armed soldiers now guarding it and I will call Fallujah a gated community.

Find me a gated community that housed thousands of murderers and I will. Oh yeah, they are all up north in Kurd territory.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I wouldn't call it the safest city.
US soldiers are stil getting killed in Fallujah even after leveling most of the city, evacuating the majority of the population and implementing numerous restrictive security measures.

Here's one just from today:

centcom.mil

March 22, 2005
Release Number: 05-03-16C

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MARINE KILLED IN AL ANBAR PROVINCE

CAMP FALLUJAH, Iraq-- A Marine assigned to I Marine Expeditionary Force was killed in action March 21, while conducting security and stability operations in the Al Anbar province.

The name of the deceased is being withheld pending next of kin notification.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Fallujah: From a City to Ruble

Yes!
What a great piece of work Fallujah is!
A masterpiece of western democracy and peace spreading!
How to eliminate every man woman and child in a city!

Out of 700 dead bodies found in Fallujah, 550 were women and children

Fallujah Residents Angry Over Destruction

What Is the US Trying to Hide in Fallujah?

US Troops Reportedly Gassing Fallujah

The use of banned conventional weapons.

The use of banned chemical weapons.

The use of radioactive weapons.

The US should be punished by every internation law for what they did in Fallujah, yet you Doctor H call this The only way to make peace with radical islam is through complete military destruction?

Nice work.

This is his story of how the US murdered a city!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
hey AceofBase, make sure to tell that the Anbar province is a region that includes Ramadi and Falluja, both considered insurgent strongholds, not Falluja itself.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
hey AceofBase, make sure to tell that the Anbar province is a region that includes Ramadi and Falluja, both considered insurgent strongholds, not Falluja itself.

The release was from CAMP FALLUJAH, Iraq.
It's possible they were killed in other areas of Al-Anbar but the name Camp Fallujah made me assume that's where he was killed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join