It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When can we start throwing Doctors in jail?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Medical errors, including gross negligence and otherwise, cause more than 250,000 deaths a year in the US. Thousands of times more than those shot and killed by law enforcement or even armed citizens. This is the third leading cause of death in America, after heart disease and cancer.

And most doctors do not get charged with manslaughter, their insurance just pays off the surviving relatives, while they continue to practice medicine.

So when a LEO that has a perfect record decade after decade makes an obvious mistake under that kind of life threatening pressure...they will probably go to jail.

So my question is, when will Doctors start being arrested for the people they kill? How about their nurse accomplices? Why aren't their lives picked apart, harassed at home and all the dumb things they've ever said or done by dragged out of the ditch to hurt them?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
NOT only that your family still has to pay the med bills.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
NOT only that your family still has to pay the med bills.

Such a good point nfflhome

Just isn't right if you ask me

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Doctors, journalist, politicians, lawyers, and policemen:five points of the pentagram. Theres a place in hell for you all.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Physician stress has led to a record number of suicides within the profession.

www.ama-assn.org...

Probably the good ones.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

it's hard to name an elitist class that doesn't get away with murder, often literally. it's amazing what you can get away with as long as you've 'made it'.

can't think of many cops who actually end up in jail for it either, sorry to contradict your assertion there.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

www.ama-assn.org...

Probably the good ones.

Yeah, the good doctors feel bad when someone dies....the bad ones blame it on the patient if they make a mistake.....it is your fault, you caused it so they needed to treat you is what they believe. Sometimes that is true, but not all the time.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I wonder how many of those 250,000 are white. Maybe doctors are all racists against white people.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I wonder how many of those 250,000 are white.

Hopefully all of them. Does that help with the victimhood?

And you winners may want to look up the actual number of people who die of AEMT each year, it sure isn't 250-400,000.

edit on 14-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
YESSSSSS! I made this point in another thread and got shot down! It’s a fair comparison.

I believe however both systems work good considering how many people they serve and the deaths really are the cost of business. Sad b it not golden casket worthy.

edit on 14-4-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

can't think of many cops who actually end up in jail for it either, sorry to contradict your assertion there.

I was going to argue the same point, JB is of course referring to the potential outcome for the Minneapolis officer. I think only more recently have these incidents been pursued legally, I think it is historically pretty rare for a truly good cop to be imprisoned.

I think this cop did make a horrible mistake, as did the 20yr old. Not sure what fixes this one.

I think police should have malpractice insurance, same as doctors, put all those union dues to that.

link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: carewemust

www.ama-assn.org...

Probably the good ones.

Yeah, the good doctors feel bad when someone dies....the bad ones blame it on the patient if they make a mistake.....it is your fault, you caused it so they needed to treat you is what they believe. Sometimes that is true, but not all the time.

If a doctor has a picture of Dr Fauci on the wall, get the hell out of there!

link   
Kinda apples to oranges.

Guestimate treatments for guestimate illnesses with people that have different bodies.
Vs.
Procedural errors or lack of anger control when enforcing laws.
Most of the laws are absolute garbage and serve to tax the population.
Cops are needed, but so is law reform.
Enforcement of laws with lethal weapons and being nervous is a recipe for trouble.
They should have snatched him away from the car and shut the door from the get go.imo
Doctors have gone to prison when they build up a pattern of malpractice.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I think police should have malpractice insurance, same as doctors...

They do, it's called the ****ing taxpayer.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i was misdiagnosed for about 8 years with skin condition. I didn't die. But i sure as hell wanted to kill the doctor treating me when it took him 2 minutes to do a swab test and come back with results that healed me the next day.

Would love to see him in jail. I still see him around and he acts like he helped me.

I have no faith in our medical system what so ever. It's all about making that cheddar.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: vonclod
I think police should have malpractice insurance, same as doctors...

They do, it's called the ****ing taxpayer.

Yup, it needs to change! union dues should be insurance money.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Lol..jesus.

My doc was googling what to tell me the other day.
I said I had strep throat and he looked through the tests an said "yep it's strep!"
He asked if I wanted a covid test. "He!! No!" was my answer.
He laughed and said "I don't blame you!"
But on a more interesting note, they have switched to a new non brainswab testing method for "covid"
They put a giant hood over your head and spray a smelly spray into it and ask if you could smell it.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

No you are right fiverx313, and maybe more should. When its blatant. I am just saying we give everyone including Doctors the benefit of the doubt and never just assume malice or criminal misconduct

Isn't it possible to make a mistake? Even when it costs someone their life? If you have a car accident and the other party dies do you think you deserve a manslaughter charge even if you weren't DUI/DWI, were following the rules of the road but slipped up and say dropped your glance for a split second?

If you are going 1 MPH over the posted speed limit, and you have an accident that again costs the other party (or your passenger) their life, do you deserve a manslaughter charge? Keep in mind we have "felony murder" crimes already, as in someone..anyone..dies during the commission of a felony, everyone involved in the felonious conduct can be charged with "felony murder" (obviously depends on state)

I don't think that person deserves a manslaughter charge myself however horrible the result may be. This is what CIVIL court is for. Wrongful death, negligence resulting in death etc
edit on 4/14/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Politicians cause more deaths than doctors.

. . . . .just sayin'

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Of course you are right DB

I just figured everyone has read "throw the politicians in jail" enough times from me already

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join