It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Demons Exist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

You'd be better off not messing with it. But, to each his own.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Do demons exist?

Yes, they do.

There's one in my avatar.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Do demons exist?

Yes, they do.

There's one in my avatar.

I could not agree more! Yikes!

Why the hell make that your avatar? Are you getting back at the world for a bad santa experience?

All that I know is that I know nothing -Socrates

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by elaine

OMG you are either 5 years old or actually believe the bible!!!
Hooves, riches????
no imagination

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
why do most people on here say that demons are evil? they are not. the humans who hunt them are wrong and ignorant. things like starvation and floods are not the demons fault, but humans fault
demons are like humans in their looks and thoughts, but not in their DNA.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
sometimes I think the actual word "Demon" can be a source of really bad luck. Just from my own experience, I had an old classic car from the early 70's that was actually named "Demon"by dodge it was almost the same as a plymouth Duster but it was just the Dodge version of it called Dodge Dart\Demon.I tell you this car had a mind of it's own,stalls on top of railroad tracks,the door locks would freeze locked in cold weather(key would break)Fuel guage was faulty so I would run out of gas all the time in the most horrible places miles away from the nearest gas station or pay phone.
Then one day It just died on the road as the 300 dollar MSD ignition computer mysteriously burned up.I had to call a tow truck and that's when the car really started acting up....As the truck pulled the Demon up to the driveway of my home,somehow the chain or dolley thing disconnected the car and it fell to the road and crashed into the side of the tow truck causing a thousand dollars of dented panels from the whole left side of the Demon
.......I just lost it,Gave the car to my younger brother to keep.well after that my Life suddenly got so much better,my health returned better job ,more money met great new friends.My brother,opposite effect on him sudden bad luck ,too much to list here but in the end he sadly just passed away in June from complications of that H1N1 flue, he died in great pain,literally drowned From the fluid in his lungs.He was working on fixing the old Demon before all the bad luck hit him.....To my horror I discovered the ownership of the Demon car was never changed,I am still the owner,it now sits in storage.:barf
oes anyone remember that Stephen King book and movie "Christine"....I'm doomed.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
There are many examples from across the world of demons, for example:

www.bloodylexicon.com...

or

en.wikipedia.org...

It is very interesting that many cultures from all around the world have different opinions of what demons are. Personally, I think what we think a demon to be is just a personification of what we think evil is. We may think evil is something that wants us to fail our midterm exam, or something that caused our loved one to die.

A demon is basically just how we rationalize something that is perceived as a extreme bad.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
In many cultures demons are often seen as parasites and the harbingers of disease and death.

Many illnesses are attributed to demonic influence on the body where an external parasitic or viral entity corrupts the human body at a cellular and sometimes DNA level causing negative effects like cellular breakdown and destruction (often as cancer).

Certainly in Djinn lore they are perceived in many forms from microscopic organisms (such as parasites) that enter your body as infections, as small organisms through the ears, nostrils and other locations to larger apparitions e.g. elemental forms (smoke, air/wind, fire and earth forms), the most common being lizards and snakes.

I am not the religious type, favoring science first and then looking at more esoteric sources of information such as the realm of religion and spirituality however I think it is very naive to believe we are the sole entities at the top of the food chain when the discoveries of science have eluded to so many other possibilities e.g. life forms made up of other traits or existing in other dimensions outside of our perception.

I believe 'demons' as they are known, are surrounded in an aura of mystique thanks to us humans who have created a lot of facts and fables around these beings. What we call aliens could well be these demonic forces (good and evil in nature) interacting, influencing and coercing our physical reality.

Equally it is easy to blame everything on what we only guess at knowing/sensing/experiencing when the true demonic forces are present in our world right now eating away at our humanity through wars without end, failing social and economic systems and political establishments that are deeply criminal by nature.

Food for thought no less and the subject of demons always fascinates me: who possesses whom?

[edit on 29-11-2009 by old_god]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
i do know, that 'demons' exist. and i witnessed some/ been involved in transforming them. there are different grades of demons and also differnt ways to confront them.

best,
bertrand

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
'Demons' exists within our minds - they are the parts of our subconsciouss that conflicts with our consciousness. They are nothing supernatural, it is merely a concept invented to describe these things, later to be misused and -interpret as actual beings.

They are not beings nor creatures, they are merely our animal egoes that conflict with the generally accepted moral code. They are the remains of our old cultural and racial heritage.

One that is possessed by a demon has become exposed to undesired moral conduction, often caused by subliminal and subconsciouss urges; it can be understood as undesired social conduction, conflicting the common cultural moral codes.

Before someone comes up with claims like 'I have seen demon', it has to be recognized that our subconsciousness is capable to produce hallusinations and visions of our inner imaginery even when we are awake. You see, many of those people in asylums are seeing these things constantly; they are projections of unbalanced condition between consciousness and subconsciousness.

Furthermore, it has to be noted that bible and other 'holy texts' are in fact descriptions of psychological conditions of human mind, which are often incorrectly interpret to be descriptions of physical reality.

In above terms 'demons' exist - but are bound to the individual and religious context of the mind. Also remember that many philosphers like Plato described daemons, the inner entities of one's psyche that can be interacted with by certain methods.

-v

[edit on 29-11-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I have often thought that who is that man in your avatar, but isn't it our famous mr. R, the pope of Catholic church? I thought it was an evil elf (or santa claus)

Anyways, I kinda agree what you said.

-v

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yes they do and Angels also

You can be haunted/possessed by demons and be watched/helped by Angels

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Balaams donkey

No they do not. Neither do goblins, fairies, trolls, the boogeyman, thetans etc.

At least current paranormal theories attempt to connect with real science using energy, electromagnetic forces may cause the consciousness to survive death. But to believe in demons is to believe in the Devil and to acknowledge the Devil means have to start taking the Bible seriously. So I don't believe in Demons in the biblical sense.

Now if ghosts did exist and were the remaining consciousness of a human being manipulating the world through energy it makes sense some of these people are mean or bad people who did horrible things in life and will try to do them after they die as well. So a Demon in the sense of a vengeful "entity" that used to be human might be within the realm of responsibility if and when it's proved consciousness continues after death.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I just looked for the word demon using www.biblegateway, king james version and the word is not found. However evil spirits and devils are. So if a demon defined is an evil spirit, then they mean the same thing and I believe they exist. I personally have similar stories about them like other posters here.

Jesus said Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? He said this to Judas who was under the influence of a devil to betray Jesus. If that's all it takes to be a devil, then they are all around us, walking around in broad daylight. I think we have come to accept most people as just normal people when actually most are posessed. But the ones who have more than one devil in them, those must be the ones that make the news such as serial killers.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I didnt belief in demons until one day i was having an argument with my girlfriend. The she got mad which was fair enough. Then she went really ntuts and even started hissing. I think she got possessed by a demon. I left fast and never saw her again.
It amazed me how such a pretty thing, cud turn so crazy. I thought who want to share the bed with a demon and never saw her again.

kx

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary --
men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.

~~ Joseph Conrad

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Balaams donkey

I had an experience in new york over the summer. there was a girl i was talking to that im not gonna get to much into but i did so much for her and then she just stoped talking to me i called her and right when i said hello she hung up this all took place while i was at my grampas house wich is in upstate ny and its super old so right when she hung the phone up i flipped out i got so mad i just droped and did push ups thats all i could think to do to calm myself down it didnt work. but i walked down stairs and sat on the couch my cousin was asleep on the other couch cuz it was like 2 or 3 in the morning and i just got a blanket and layed on the couch still thinking about the girl and then on the ceiling i saw a bright orange orb i only saw it out the corner of my eye and i was still super mad so i didnt care but then a min later it appeared closer and didnt look like it was a flashlight on the ceiling anymore it had depth to it so now i was alittle creeped out another min later it flew right passed my face and down the hall i looked away and back at the tv which had a mirror next to it i saw the orb fly in the reflection and as soon as i saw it the kitchen light turned on. i know my story isnt as crazy as every one elses but maby you could atleast leave an opinion

i have another thing my friend thinks theres something in his guest bedroom so i took some pics and just gt the usuall orbs nothin new until i put my recorder in there. Brand new opened it just for this ( my grama got it for me idk what 15 yr old wants a recorder but whatever) as soon as you hear us walk out you hear a deep growl that seems to be chanting i have it on a youtube vid cause my frend recorded it with his phone so its hard to hear but if you wanna listen here it is

www.youtube.com...

his only pets are guinie pigs and a dog the door was closed and this was in the back of the room

and shortly after this my friends dog walked into the guest bedroom and just stood there looking at a wall. he wasnt thinking and just followed her he said as soon as he walked in his dogs ears stood up and it got freezing cold and he heard the growl come from all the walls. so i get a phone call right after this he was two blocks down and out of breath so he was super hard to under stand. we left the room alone for a while and then after we watched paranormal activity we wont go near it but pans still rattle is ihome tured on in the middle of the night ne night he even woke up in the guest bedroom once.

and yes i think demons are real they are phigments of our imagination and as entity's.

and i really belive in your inner demons not to get real sifi but a good example to me would be pyramid head "Sorry im nerd" but the only reason he was creted is because the guy was tormented on the inside and madly depressed from the loss of his wife

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Some internet web sites have interesting articles on how far back does the existence of man really go.Like here...
www.ancientx.com...

But what if some of these ancient tools discovered to be millions of years old were actually made by intelligent man-like creatures that had airplanes and cars and nukes etc....Could these be Demons now? Totally different from a regular human ghost and extremely ancient ,so old that they are easily annoyed by anyone trying to communicate with them.(T.A.P.S. etc.)Or possibly so bored that they would enjoy scaring the hell out of poor unsuspecting people just to relieve their boredom?What if the Ice caps melted back then and flooded the Earth because they also did not care about the green house/global warming impact.This may be a pattern repeating every 100 million years!We could be the next Demons scaring the crap out of future intelligent animal-humanoids.Well just a thought, it could all be just crap....

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join