It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Demons Exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I would like to people to post all of the information, that they have concerning the existence of Demons.

So post your stories, web links, pictures, and such here that support the existence of Demons here. If do not believe or think this is dumb then do not waste your time or ours by posting here. This thread is not for Debate.

Edit: the moderator only wants one thread. Not two. So we have one.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by Balaams donkey]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I've had one awful experience years ago with a demon(?) after I tried
automatic writeing. That's where you channel spirits by haveing them use your hand to write messages. I think that's how it came in. I never really
figured out whether it was an evil spirit or a demon actually. Is there a difference?

There were scatchings inside the walls, voices on the televison saying "there in no god", the sound of running hoofbeats past my
window at night,...and other poltergeist like activity in my house.
It was terrible and something I'm glad that I got past. It took 3 months to rid myself of that thing. It was trying to put all kinds of bad thoughts into my head and giving me horrible nightmares.
One recurring dream during this time is of being offered riches...but in return for what?

I don't really care whether others believe in these things are not and it's something I seldom speak of.

There's no way to explain this to someone who does'nt understand
or believe.

I've never tried automatic writeing or ouja boards again and I never will.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
omg that made my hair stand on end!!!!!!!! YIKES.

Yes the do exist. I grew up in a haunted house. They would breath in my ear, pull my hair, rattle my mirror and open and close doors. At night when I went to bed I could hear it's footsteps coming up the stairs to my room. It was normally in the basement and the place that it was most prominent was very cold.

We moved when I was 12 and those things never happened again. It was connected to that house.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I agree that they do exist. Mainly from that one experience I had before which I posted in another topic. If you wish to know U2U me and I can link you.

My cousin used to do sayances. ( I know I didn't spell that right )
I never got involved with those because I didn't feel like being totally freaked out.

One of my friends briefly went into witchcraft and he immediately stopped when he said somehow, this old practician of witchcraft came to his house out of no where and said to stop what he was doing. That scared me totally. lol

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I agree that there are dangerous spirits that can and will harm those that let them, but that does not mean they are demons.

Demons are a psycological problem, not a spiritual one.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
yeah demons exist...they're basicaly fallen angels that followed satan when he rebelled against God...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Wow, that is scary story, does anyone else have any scary stories. Anything that could prove that demons are not of your mind?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balaams donkey
I would like to people to post all of the information, that they have concerning the existence of Demons.

So post your stories, web links, pictures, and such here that support the existence of Demons here. If do not believe or think this is dumb then do not waste your time or ours by posting here. This thread is not for Debate.

lolololololol

so donkey...you've started your own little demon thread now after me giving you so much crapola in the other thread...which by the way:

Originally posted by Balaams donkey

Edit: the moderator only wants one thread. Not two. So we have one.

...what is this? are you so desperate for your little cult to continue...or the points, that you have started your own thread that is in fact nigh on identical to:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are such an attention whore and in fact if, as you have stated, "the moderator" only wants one thread...how come you have started another one? Do you dare to post the name of the Moderator you have had this confirmed by?

also...good to see mrwupy discount your 'theory' of Demon existence

Demons are a psycological problem, not a spiritual one.

...difference is he has done in one line what I took 5 posts to do lmao.

Finally: since when have ANY ATS threads been exclusively only for those that want to agree with the thread. What is this? A Donkey Dictatorship?

Donkey, 'Mass debate' that should be your motto...

Peace Out

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
hardbodyactiv

You never answered that questions in the other thread, as to what your problem is? If you do not believe them, why do you waste your time? There is a reason, you are following all of this, that is much deeper than just laughing at people. What is it? What is wrong? You seem desperate for power, that generally means, a great loss of power at some point in your life, now you are trying to regain it.

I wanted to start two threads one for and one against the existence of demons, so it would be ordered. It was called "Demons are a myth" go look. Mod, shut it down. It was just for types like you. If you have any information that demons are purely a mental disorder please post it. Smiley faces are not considered "facts".

Now let us say you are right, we are all psycho, demons worshipers,
again why do you care?
How are you helping?
Do you want us to not talk about this?
Should we shut all of these threads down?
Maybe you want to be a moderator, but no one will let you?
Start your own forum, and forbid the word demon. It is a big internet.
I am not interested in demons, at all. I am interested in people and there problems with demons. Even if it is a mental problem only, and there are no such things as demons, people should still, be allowed to talk about them, don’t you think? Without having someone show up a laugh them down, are you afraid we might find some truth that you wish to keep hidden?

This thread was started as it is different that "has anybody seen demons" as the question is more general, as many people feel, or hear them with out seeing them. Maybe, if all the information was out on the table, we could find out why this mental disorder exists, if it was one. But, who is going to say anything with someone like you, mocking them. Thus, the desire for power. See. Maybe, you see demons because of your sins, and you take drugs and tell yourself "they don't" exist, just take more drugs. That way you do not have to face your problems, just a guess.

Maybe it is because, your brother needed help and no one was able too help him, because of demons, no one would pray for him and now he is gone, and you miss him very much. I am sorry you lost your bother, judging by your anger, you must have loved him very much. I mean that very seriously, losing a family member is a deep pain. Anger is often the result of hurt. Maybe, if other people are having problems, and they talk about they will not do the same. I was in the same way as your brother and drugs did not help but prayer did. I sat there with a .45 to my head for a long time, after leaving the Marines, many years ago. Thank God, I live today, I now know how wonderful life and love are. It was foreign to me then, and I could not take anymore. Somehow God, saved me from myself. God forgives if we ask him too, he did me.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
demons exsist in two ways, first as a seperate entity all on its own and second is as a persons mind link. what i mean by a persons mind link is the person themselves creates the demon unitentionaly threw negativey, such as poltergiest.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Why are you busting his chops Hard? It only makes you look bad.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
People have different ideas about what different things are. Perhaps you should first define Demon.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonbeam13
demons exsist in two ways, first as a seperate entity all on its own and second is as a persons mind link. what i mean by a persons mind link is the person themselves creates the demon unitentionaly threw negativey, such as poltergiest.

This is interesting moonbeam. This could've been what happened to me as I was going through a deep depression at the time...BUT my husband is witness to a sighting of a grayish, softly glowing orb in the hallway, some of the sounds that we heard, and some other strange things that were happening.
I was'nt the only one in the house hearing and seeing things in other words.
It sure did teach me not to ever let myself get that "negative" again!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by moonbeam13 demons exsist in two ways, first as a seperate entity all on its own and second is as a persons mind link. what i mean by a persons mind link is the person themselves creates the demon unitentionaly threw negativey, such as poltergiest.

I want to disagree on a small point moonbeam.
1. agreed the demons exist
2. agreed that the mind can "scarce" it self to a point.
3. disagree with the idea that the mind can "create" a demon that haunts you.

My experience has show that when a person becomes negative like Elaine mentioned, that they become open mentally to demons, which then try and begin possession, of the human. The mind link you mention is a very important part of all of this, as once the demons spirit touches you mind you become effected by its negative energy, causing you to become worse, which allows it to proceed even further, it becomes a slow downward spiral. Thankfully the love of others can break this cycle. Should we except it.
So my point is that you mind does not create the demon, but the demon becomes linked with your mind. In fact this is the very nature of eastern meditation, to create the mind link with spirits (demons). We would all be better off just caring for each other, than running around, trying to be gurus, and such.

By the way, moonbeam, thanks for you help, it is nice to be defended.

Jonna, "perhaps you should first define Demon"

Let us define some terms, God would be the Creator of all things, all powerful, the first cause. Demons and Angels would be creations of the God. The terms Demon, devil, or satanic mean against God or without God.
God is light, love, life, and truth. This is very reasonable, as how could any truth, life, light or love exist outside of the Creator, this would cause the idea of two sources, of things, thus, causing the idea of two gods, which could not be. For what would have been the source of the gods, and why would they be different? Meaning why would say a good god create an evil god? There is no reason. It is only logical to say that there is one God undivided, without end or beginning.

Evil would be the absentce of Gods energies, love, light, and life, so evil spirits would not be able to do good, because they are lacking God.
Good spirits, or people would have the Creators energies, shining forth from them.

With that said, humans that lack the energies of God, would become satanic. But, not be demons. As demons would be a angels which lacks the energies of God, thus Satanic angels, with differant spirital powers, and lack a body.

de·mon (dē'mən)
n.
1. An evil supernatural being; a devil.
2. A persistently tormenting person, force, or passion: the demon of drug addiction.
3. One who is extremely zealous, skillful, or diligent: worked away like a demon; a real demon at math.
Variant of daimon.

[Middle English, from Late Latin daemōn, from Latin, spirit, from Greek daimōn, divine power.]

I am look for information on defination 1 or 2.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
actually i wasnt refering to the mind itself i was refering to the negative energy a human gives off. if you read on the other thread about the proof of demons, poltergiests if considered demonic are created (and it has been proven) by negative energy. yes it is true when you are negative you are more suseptiable to demons. there is a simple reason for this..they feed off negative energy so it could have either been a demon that was created or one who was on a feeding freenzy. i must disagree on one of your points donkey love although most of the time can break it will not break it all of the time. i have my own reasons for believing this which i would prefer not to disscuss on an open forum. (donkey if you really want to k;now you can u2u me). i will always defend those who seak truth and have done their research, so your welcome.
actually the word was first druidic latin Deomiono, which was what they called spirits with menevelent (cant spell) proposes. particularly the ones who interfered in their rituals.
the other is greek as you mentioned however those were spirits which in our terms of today would be seen as guardian angels.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
moon,
I did not mean Love could break it in the absoulte sense. But, when a person is falling, the love of others "can" break it. Of course not always.
Well the Greeks have words for Demons and Angels. Oh, how well I know this. The stories I could tell.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
In order to rid myself of "it" I had to get spiritually filled with love, light, and faith.
I had to distance myself as far away from the "darkness" as I could get through prayer and changeing the negative way I was looking at the world. There finally came a point after all the fasting, praying, and meditateing I had done, when I TRULY understood that LOVE is the ultimate defense against evil. That's when things starting getting much better for me and soon I was "plagued" no longer.

I already had the love of "others" before all this happened. What was needed was for me to realize how powerful a force love really is.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maveric
yeah demons exist...they're basicaly fallen angels that followed satan when he rebelled against God...

So they're codemned to earth to be pissed off at their failure for eternity? Why can't their be good demons?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Like my mom, I have had many encounters with demons. I would awaken in the middle of the night and see Grays in my room. Being someone who does not believe in aliens I knew that they were demons and would command them to leave with Jesus's name. The crazy thing is, on the same nights I saw them my mom would also see them. Im not sure why our family has problems with this, Maybe it's some sort of spiritual gift?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
National Security Agency

So they're codemned to earth to be pissed off at their failure for eternity? Why can't their be good demons?

First, words have meaning.
Second, there are good demons, they are call angels, and their bad angels they are called demons. It is like asking, why can't there be soft hardballs?
Third, if the demons repented of their crimes, they could be good, as God would accept them. So, the proper question is why do not demons, repent? The same reason, we do not repent, pride. Pride, goeth before the fall.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join