It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I able to stare at the sun longer than ever??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I know most people give me a crazy look when I bring up the fact I enjoy staring at the sun and have been doing it since childhood. I have mentioned before that I am the only member of my direct and extended family (not including my children yet ) that does not require corrective vision devices like glasses or contacts. To this day I still have 20/20 as tested at my wife's vision center office. The doctor there thinks I am nuts, but his testing equipment speaks for itself.

Yesterday after laser tag with my kids we were waiting for the ol' lady in the vehicle while she bought hair stuff so the kids could enjoy their prizes from the arcade. I was facing west and it was a clear sky so I paid my respects to the almighty white circle in the sky.

I make it a point to turn away only once my vision begins to display a majority shade of purple. I took note of th clock and waited until it turned into the next minute, then gazed with respect as usual. Strange thing is the white circle became visible much sooner to me than usual. I just kept looking at it, and it felt like i could stare forever. I was even conversating to the spawn how after those first fifteen it looks like a drain for light rather than an emission of it. By the time the purple came my eyes still did not feel strained or mildly discomforted as has in the past. I just turned away because I always used the purple as my personal measure.

I immediately turned down to the clock expecting it to stay in that same minute for another half a minute. To my surprise it changed in less than ten seconds and the purple faded away much faster than it ever has. From what I can remember, this is the longest I have ever stared before turn ing away, nearly one full minute. And as soon as the purple disappeared indie it again just to see, but only briefly. The white circle was visible almost instantly this time.

This is a bit odd to me because my perception as an adult is the feeling that the sun feels brighter than when i was a child. However I speculate it is a psychological false perception due to less time outdoors as an adult than childhood on an hour's per day basis. I'm sure the sun is the same brightness as it was twenty five years ago.

My thing is, is there a medical oddity reason I can stare at the sun longer now even though I still have great vision?? I am very tempted to push passed the purple for longer and see what other hues I begin to see.

I like seeing that white circle and the light that drains into it.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

ok... where's the rest of the story?

You should write a book as it seems you have the imagination to do so...

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
How about you are loosing your night vision? Look up rods and cones in the retina. Other parts of your eye may be aging also. Your vision is only partly in your eyes, it is mostly how your brain interoperates the signals from your eyes. Your brain may be compensating for your aging eyes.

You do realize when you stare at the Sun, you are burning small holes in your retinas.
edit on 3 26 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   

You are finally discovering your superpowers one at time.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   
You should come down to Florida, try staring at it here.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Don't do that mate.

The damage could very well be in the post.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   

You know who can stare at the sun like nobody's business? Blind people. Keep working at it. You'll get there.

All kidding aside, look up sun gazing. It's probably Indian, but I'm almost positive there is some division of mystics that recommend staring at the sun. It could be the solarians or breatherians.

I could tolerate light better when I was a youth. I can barely function in full sunlight without sunglasses now.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This is the most stupid thing I have ever read.

Go and educate yourself about eyes.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Ever heard about the competition they had to find the person who can look into the sun for the longest time?

The prize: a cane and guide-dog

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Your eyes and brain are sufficiently damaged to allow you to do so!
Grats!
edit on 26-3-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
This is the most stupid thing I have ever read.

Go and educate yourself about eyes.

The horriic nature of his post...shows he's dangerously out of touch....and a clear danger to himself.

It shows...

EMT
edit on 26-3-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Honestly, this explains a lot.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You're damaging your eyes even if you don't realize it.

blog.safetyglassesusa.com...

Both UVA and UVB light, whether artificial or natural, have short and long term negative effects on eye health and vision. The cornea and lens, which focus the light we see, absorb UVB light. UVA light passes through to the back part of the eye, to the macula, and can damage central vision.

Some people are even more at risk for eye damage from UV light than others. Those include individuals with certain eye diseases, some individuals who have had cataract surgery, and those who take photosensitizing drugs. Some studies show people with light irises are also at risk for increased damage.

Even without special circumstances, limiting exposure to UV light is a good idea for long-term eye health. UV exposure damages eyes over time. So every time you’re outside without adequate protection, you accumulate damage and increase risk.

A few eye conditions — pterygium, pinguecula and climatic droplet keratopathy — due directly to UV exposure are not well known but worth noting. Each presents long-term issues and are generally associated with individuals living in areas with significant UV exposure or who are outdoors a great deal of the time.

More common long-term eye problems, also with links to a lifetime of unprotected exposure to UV rays, include macular degeneration, cataracts and skin cancer.

Macular Degeneration (MD)
MD occurs when part of the retina is damaged. Central vision is lost as is the ability to see fine details. Peripheral (side) vision is usually normal with MD. Unprotected exposure to UV rays increases the risk of developing MD.

Cataracts
UV rays, especially UVB rays, can also cause cataracts. Cataracts, a clouding of the eye’s lens, is the leading cause of blindness in the world.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

You're no mutant.
Not superhuman.
This isn't even a tolerance level.
You are hurting yourself.
Please stop.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
There’s another thread here that says the chemtrails are dimming the sun. Part of the elites plan to control population.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

I live in Florida. My vision is good at night too.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So despite me still having great vision, apparently I'm going blind??? You would think the doctor At the vision center would have noticed holes in my eyeballs.

I'm going to just have to have him step outside and prove it to him, and see what he says.

I figured someone here would have been a vision doctor. I will continue to do what I have been doing for years, and apparently not need glasses. I wonder how many of you jokesters are using corrective lense, I clearly do not need them.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The doctor will tell you not to look directly in to the Sun also worldstarcountry.

Honest mate the advice you are being given in spot on in this instance.

Dont stare at the Sun pal, there are better safer ways to observe stars.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well...when your kids are leading you around and you can't see your grandkids faces. Think back to this thread....

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Just to be clear kids, this is a bad idea.

<<   2  3 >>

join