It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Democrats push to make COVID-19 relief bill aid to the poor permanent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Democrats will push to make permanent two provisions of President Joe Biden's COVID-19 relief bill that provide emergency enhanced benefits for the poor through food assistance and child tax credits, two leading lawmakers said on Sunday.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said that making enhanced child tax credits permanent is an important goal for Democrats, as they seek to move forward with bold new initiatives that also include legislation to upgrade U.S. infrastructure.

With what? These a$$hats have already passed a 1.9 trillion bill.

Since approximately 91% of the first bill is non-covid related, they couldn't squeeze a 100 billion of it for infrastructure? Nope...gotta to have new legislation requiring more tax payers dollars to achieve.

I still say that by the end of June, we will be well on our way down the sewer pipe.....we have already been flushed.

Spend spend spend baby.....don't worry about who is going to pay for it. We already know who is going to pay for it.
edit on 14-3-2021 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2021 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I'm sure they'll put Biden on the soon to be forthcoming million dollar bills. Sure they'll barely be able to buy a loaf of bread....but....

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
WAKE UP THEIR ONLY PURPOSE IS TO INFLATE THE DEBT = ENSLAVE US
edit on 14-3-2021 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Up here in Canada I believe the last budget passed was in 2019.
We , the people , have no idea how much money our corrupt liberal government has run through.
Heck we cannot account for 260 billion in infrastructure money.
Not one project accounted for.

How our people voted this party back in is beyond me.
Now I hear they are calling another election.
There is nobody to vote for.

My dad says I should run.
With all the dirt digging we might be able to piece together my 20s.

.a reply to: RickinVa

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: abigredneck

Up here in Canada I believe the last budget passed was in 2019.
We , the people , have no idea how much money our corrupt liberal government has run through.
Heck we cannot account for 260 billion in infrastructure money.
Not one project accounted for.

Ah 'general revenue' the big black box Canadian taxes get dumped into that gets used for whatever they want with no accountability.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The wealthy had moved to New Zealand last year folks and also the Polynesian Islands. Maybe even Poland.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

You're right on target. Former President Ronald Reagan said there is no such thing as a Temporary Government Entitlement.

Example: The $1.9 Trillion Covid-19 bill enables millions of lower income Americans to have free or low-cost health insurance, by pumping an additional $135 Billion into ObamaCare. BUT ONLY FOR 2 YEARS.

Will the government tell millions of citizens in 2023 that they now have to begin paying for their health coverage? NOPE!

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
And now we have a private member bill for Guaranteed Basic Income

GBI

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They probably should have paid landlords some rent money in the bill, since their tenants haven't had to pay and they can't evict anyone. It's ridiculous. You know whenever rent is due again, if ever, a vast majority of them aren't going to have any funds to pay 18 months of back rent.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
www.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Democrats will push to make permanent two provisions of President Joe Biden's COVID-19 relief bill that provide emergency enhanced benefits for the poor through food assistance and child tax credits, two leading lawmakers said on Sunday.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said that making enhanced child tax credits permanent

While the child tax credits should be credits only - meaning, not a refund, they should only apply against actual taxes owed - if they were strictly credits, I am in 100% agreement with making them permanent.

Being allowed to keep more of your hard earned money isn't an entitlement.

As written though, it is[/]b an entitlement for anyone who doesn't pay any taxes but gets the credits as 'refunds'.

NO tax credits should work like that.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So, non-American illegals who cross our border and obtain a SSN will get this assistance but my family will not?

Why am I even here?

new topics

top topics

join