It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Trump, whither ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

As eloquently argued a counsel of hopelessness and despair as I have read these many years.

You're a good lad (or lass), ArMap, and the fact that you're still here is encouraging in itself. But as a moderator, you surely realize that the claim 'ATS is what the members make of it' is conditional at best. ATS is what its owners, a strict set of T&C and some very active mods allow it be. It was always thus -- I'm not griping -- but if the site is to be driven to extinction by a large faction of the membership, then I am not so happy.

Hence this thread. Which seems to be slowly dying on the vine, like ATS itself. Astyanax out.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

As eloquently argued a counsel of hopelessness and despair as I have read these many years.

You're a good lad (or lass), ArMap, and the fact that you're still here is encouraging in itself. But as a moderator, you surely realize that the claim 'ATS is what the members make of it' is conditional at best. ATS is what its owners, a strict set of T&C and some very active mods allow it be. It was always thus -- I'm not griping -- but if the site is to be driven to extinction by a large faction of the membership, then I am not so happy.

Hence this thread. Which seems to be slowly dying on the vine, like ATS itself. Astyanax out.

If the evolution and progress of ATS is not to your satisfaction, find another. There are other websites out there to discuss aliens and UFO's.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax
I remember reading that ATS is now under new management or soon will be.

I think it was said that they would continue in the same spirit of ATS. Not sure what that really means but I guess we will have to wait and see what changes, if any, come along.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Yes, it's conditional, like most things in life, but the biggest condition is content. ATS (or any other forum) lives of what people post, in topics, quality and quantity, that's why I said that as long as people want to discuss things there's a reason for ATS to exist.

The only way a large faction of the membership has to drive ATS to extinction is by not posting, but members are replaceable, so if a type of members leaves ATS they will allow those that weren't members because of their presence to become members.

And yes, I'm an optimist.

PS: I'm a "lad".

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'd be happy if politics faded into the background here. I came here for the UFO/Paranormal and other topics but it turned into a right wing paradise. Hopefully now we have a new administration the focus will be on other things

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
I'd be happy if politics faded into the background here. I came here for the UFO/Paranormal and other topics but it turned into a right wing paradise. Hopefully now we have a new administration the focus will be on other things

Who are the new big dogs in ATS. Have they introduced them selves? If so I missed it...

How ever, I get the impression they are happy with it being a "right wing paradise"...

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I haven't heard anything about who, when etc. is taking over.

If they thought politics would attract a larger user base, I can see that from a business standpoint, but there are sites like Parler for that garbage. I'd like to see ATS be unique and stick with weird and interesting stuff.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
If they thought politics would attract a larger user base, I can see that from a business standpoint...

I remember someone high up saying that politics was making it hard to generate revenue from ads because of the cancel culture and that was one of the reasons ATS was in trouble.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I can believe that. Especially in the past 4 years politics have become such negative topic, no matter which party/candidate you like. Discussions are generally hostile and full of false information and close-mindedness from both sides, it's pointless to take part in them. Plus it's not good for the blood pressure!

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Your signature:

Toute nation a le gouvernement qu’elle mérite. — Joseph de Maistre

This is classic.

Betcha can't wait for elon to throw together your very first VR neurolink.

# 1504
edit on 19-11-2021 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join