It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Trump, whither ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don’t know if this is the proper forum for this topic, but it seems to fit better here than anywhere else.

Since 2016, the principal topics on Above Top Secret have been Donald Trump and matters concerning his administration. There have been so many of these that they ended up completely changing the nature of the site, and -- I suspect -- a good part of the membership as well. Most of the people now posting seem to be interested primarily in politics. The Home and ‘Top Topics’ pages of the site reflect this: most of the topics listed are political, with a strong extreme right-wing slant discernible in many of the titles.

With the exit of Trump and the ongoing collapse of his cult, however, there will be fewer of these members to support the site going forward.

Will there be a return of old members, or an influx of new ones, interested in the UFO and alien topics, classic conspiracy theories, fringe scientific speculation, creationism-vs-evolution arguments and other material that was the mainstay of ATS before the Orange Balloon went up?

Or will ATS become just another fringe right-wing chat site, ever more marginal and shedding page views daily, soon to go the way of those now being deplatformed? Will advertisers even support a site of this kind to allow it to continue (under the ownership of whomever it might be)?

Or will Above Top Secret change again to become something new and strange, adapted to and prospering in the post-Trump era?

Or will it starve, shrivel and die?

Whither ATS? And what, if anything, can and should be done about it?

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Don't like the political discussion? Don't partake in them. Also, referring to people that share a different point of view "cultists" make you look like a tool. Just an FYI.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   

So...I see by your thread history you've posted zero UFO threads in the last three years. It's too bad you don't like the content on ats. Instead of posting in the board issues forum whining, you could have posted a thoughtful thread in any of the numerous conspiracy forums including the UFO one with a thread intended to spark debate and conversation about any topic of your choosing.

If you want to see threads with content you like, put the work in to make them and start conversation. Don't complain ats doesn't cater to your whims when you can't be bothered to contribute.
edit on 23/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I’ve been coming to this site for over a decade.
Honestly it was never all that impressive.

Who knew that this place had so many structural engineers?
Fukushima should have killed the planet according to all the nuclear experts scrolling though the pages.
Did we get full disclosure yet?
I’m still waiting for the nwo takeover.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Ornge man gone, get over it.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

With the exit of Trump and the ongoing collapse of his cult

It appears that the problem with ATS is members such as yourself.

So if you would do all of us actual people who do OP's a favor and stop posting, then it will sort itself out soon enough.

But thank you Comrade for your post and you get 1,250 credits to your social score.

Brava!

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The only reason I was backing Trump is because the Democrats and liberals and MSM were twisting things or plain out lying about things to attack Trump. Trump was no angel, and if the Democrats would not have lied so much about him, I would not have lost respect for the Democrat party. I cannot ever support the Democrats after this, it drove me to the right...because of their deceit. I despise people who lie and deceive others, and Trump did not lie a tenth as much as those in the top democrat party did, along with many in different government agencies aligned with the Democrats.

Unless the Democrats punish the people doing that in their party, I will never vote for another Democrat.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The only reason I was backing Trump is because the Democrats and liberals and MSM were twisting things or plain out lying about things to attack Trump. Trump was no angel, and if the Democrats would not have lied so much about him, I would not have lost respect for the Democrat party. I cannot ever support the Democrats after this, it drove me to the right...because of their deceit. I despise people who lie and deceive others, and Trump did not lie a tenth as much as those in the top democrat party did, along with many in different government agencies aligned with the Democrats.

Unless the Democrats punish the people doing that in their party, I will never vote for another Democrat.

Yea...

He's not going to understand what you posted though.

A bunch of morons and dead people voted into office a moron that has one foot in the grave.

That is what we are going to have to live with.

~Shrug~

edit on 23-1-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus

Don't like the political discussion? Don't partake in them.

I think that was the point.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Hopefully it’ll get back to UFOs and paranormal stuff. As of now it’s just right wingers whining. Look at the responses so far. I feel sorry for the people who bought ATS if that’s all this place has to offer anymore.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This thread has been posted dozens of times over the years.

I love this place and all its members...yes, even the bat # crazy ones.

At worst it's entertaining, because if it wasn't, I wouldn't come here. But at its best, you can stumble upon and learn things and perspectives that's difficult to find elsewhere.

Finally, the moderation is pretty darn good.

So, hey, not your cup of tea? Why come then?

Find a different town square.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I'd say the mudpit wouldve been the better choice for this thread. I love how the salt continues to flood from the left even after Trump is gone.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

A left winger starts a whiny thread about the right and you whine about the right and call them whiners.

You can't make this up. 🙄

(post by panoz77 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Some suggested "ATS" thread topics that may better suit your OP premise.

Is Biden a really a Lizard or just controlled by them?

Did the alien gene splicers screw up with Kamala? Asian, Black or Blasian?

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

A left winger starts a whiny thread about the right and you whine about the right and call them whiners.

And a right winger whining about left wingers whining about right wingers.

America in a nutshell

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   

This site will explode with Biden tropes and failures, politics is going to be the main issue as the democrats run the US into the ground, economically and socially
Two sides at each other’s throats for four more years as the US burns

You recon Trump supporters are cultists, you see how tragically impeded Democrat supporters are.
It will be burning down around them and they will complain it’s cold

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

originally posted by: LSU2018

And a right winger whining about left wingers whining about right wingers.

America in a nutshell

Whiners whining about whining.
The world in a nutshell.
Apparently not the US.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

After 5 years of talking about Drumph....i dont want him gone.

How will we know what's fake gnus anymore.

Where will we Reeeeeeeee!?

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Whither ATS??

Well, it was here before the Donald.

Seems very likely that it'll be here afterwards, too.

ATS is what it's always been, member driven. We talk about, rant about, obsess about, every topic under the sun and moon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join