It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you Mr. President.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
A huge thank you to our President Bush for cutting short his vacation to Get to Washington to sign the bill for saving a life. From all the Terri Schiavo supporters...we thank you

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I second that krt!

Wow for a "vegetable" Terri is certainly causing a lot of ruckus!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
is this terri the one who's food line was yanked out?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Thank You, now what President Bush needs to do is send Federal Marshalls there to guard Terry from the ghouls who want to kill her.

Its ironic, the same Democrats who will defend a death row killer to the last breath are the first ones who would starve a helpless woman to death.
You know why they would do that? IMO, Liberals view the human intellect as the soul of a human and once that intellect is gone.....than that person is dead in the eyes of a Liberal.

I could be wrong, but thats my opinion.

Maximu§

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Thanks for all the reply posts. Now please don't stop here. Go to www.helpterri.com
And help with letters to the people that can change things.
Wake up America....BE HEARD. Be a voice for Terri Schiavo

[edit on 20-3-2005 by krt1967]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Sorry I feel that the woman is dead. She died a long time ago in my eyes, she is a vegetable that is wasting resources. It is sad that her parents continue to grasp onto the living corpse of their daughter.

However, I think this should be a dispute between her parents and her husband and I think that they should be able to fight in federal court if they wish to.

The woman is in a persistent vegatitive state. The definition of this follows:

"This term is commonly, but incorrectly, referred to as "brain-death." It can follow a coma.
People in a persistent vegetative state cannot think, speak or respond to commands and are not aware of their surroundings. They may have noncognitive functions and breathing and circulation may remain relatively intact.

They also might move spontaneously and even grimace, cry or laugh. Some people might regain some awareness after being in a persistent vegetative state but others might remain in the state for decades."

If the courts have ruled with her legal guardian (her husband) time and time again on this issue and deemed her to be in this persistent vegatative state I believe that they should pull the plug. However once again if they want to go to federal court by all means they should be able to.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
WAIT!!!

If the courts have ruled with her legal guardian (her husband)...

How can he be the husband of two women in the United States?
Common law marriage is legal, so therefore this man should be in jail, and not have any legal rights to Terri's health or well being.
If he had wanted to keep his controll, he should have keep his weenie in the pants and been a good husband to the woman in that hospital bed.
There should be a law passed that if someone does'nt live together for seven years that a common law divorce is legal.
The laws in our country are pathetic.
I am wondering why he is pushing so hard..its not because of her wishes...not after seven years had gone by before the jerk remembered. So why now???

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Thats not what I read DrFunk, I read her husband has denied her treatment which might improve her condition and TV is not even allowed in her room and lack of outside stumuli will hurt her condition....even the cause for her condition is suspect. Her Jerk husband already shacked up with another woman and fathered kids, So his motives are suspect.

Now in a court of law, a killer can be let free IF there is reasonable doubt and it looks like there is plenty of reasonable doubt here, should'nt Terry be afforded the same rights as a killer in a court room?

Maximu§

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Thank you for your tirelessly hypocritical efforts to remove all automony of the individual.

First as Governer of Texas in 1999 you signed the bill into law allowing hospitals to withdraw life support from patients, over the objections of the family, if hospital decision makers consider the treatment to be nonbeneficial.

The result: Hospitals can pull life support if patients unable to pay!

And fiscal conservatives cheered!

Now you've wrangled and rode more suffering to a further end... not only does the hospital have more say than the family (in this case the spouse and legal guardian), but Congress and you have more control over private decisions than ever!

Bravo Mr. President you hypocritical bastard! And lo the masses rallied to turn over more individual rights to corporations and government. :shk:

In the name of "Terri" of course. *sniff* We must submit to tyranny for Terri.

Suckers.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
How come the mods can use words like that "bastard" but members get warnings and banned?
The rules do not apply for mods?
Freedom of speech. I love it. Some say it will not always be free...I say talk faster

No offence Mod person. Just wondering why the rules do not mean you as well. Simple question no beating needed.
Thats why this site is here..debate and all that is to deny.
Smooches

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Bravo Mr. President you hypocritical bastard! And lo the masses rallied to turn over more individual rights to corporations and government. :shk:

In the name of "Terri" of course. *sniff* We must submit to tyranny for Terri.

Suckers.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by RANT]

I couldnt have said it better

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This thread is not about the Presidents past, its about a womans life. And a simple thank you for what he is doing now to help her.
If you mods wanna bash Bush thats your God given right...but is'nt there already existing threads for that?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967
How come the mods can use words like that "bastard" but members get warnings and banned?

First of all, no member has ever been warned or banned for calling the president a bastard, you're talking out of your ass. Second of all, I would be incredibly aghast to find out that a member was banned for using the word bastard, I used it regularly, you can use it too. Why don't you stop #ting on the mods just because one of them doesn't agree with your position. Mods are allowed opinions too yaknow...

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Like I said. This post is a simple thank you note. I'm not doing anything of the sort to the mods. But it will not ever be said that ima butt kisser either...lol
I like the mods and respect everyones opinions.
Only responded with truth.
DENY STUPIDITY...

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967
The rules do not apply for mods?

Hmmmm....

I think now, on top of being a cry baby and a partisan, you're a liar.

Sucks to be you dude.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
First i'm not a dude. Second the rules states no profanity:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I'm not a liar. It's in there buttkisser read it!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
profanity is profane language, bastard is not profane and therefore not profanity.

Bastard is one of tamest insults on the planet, though to some people I suppose it's profane.

On the other hand calling me a buttkisser because I agree with someone else, well, that's just rude.

So get tossed.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Calling me a cry baby is also rude, when all I was saying was a simple freaking thank you to the President. I did not say what I said attacking either of the mods. And i'm sure nobody asked you to step in acting an a**
Look Weird dude, your fun to play with but I really am tired of your childish game.
Goodnight

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Oh and the next time you say how rude it is that someone has called you a name, maybe you should re-think calling them names first.
Treat others the way you want to be treated.
I'm a big girl so i'll say that with all honesty..i'm sorry first. Because I am. I am sorry I called you a BUTTKISSER. Happy?
It just appeared to me you were kissing some mod booty by your actions. So if I was wrong, I am sorry.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
while i'm relieved that something is being done for that poor woman and thankful
, I found the point that rant made quite interesting

either way i'm happy Terri Schiavo has a chance to live.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join