learn more

Thank you Mr. President.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
dgtempe
I wasn't attacking you personally, or any of the other people who got all upset about this case initially. I understand the motivation, it's human nature to feel protective of those in danger, those weaker than us, like children and the disabled. That's precisely why this case is so disturbing, it was designed to tug on the heart strings and make people irrational for lack of concrete information. There's so many 'facts' floating around, it's making peoples' heads spin, and when you throw agendas into the mix, along with religious beliefs, this is a toxic brew. Believe me when I say, I understand why everyone is so empathetic, I really do. I EMPATHIZE. However, I'm unable to let my emotions overrule my common sense, and so when I look at this case, all I see is DANGEROUS PRECEDENT. That's it.

But please don't think I was attacking you. I really didn't have any intention to do that. I save all my anger for the manipulators.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by edsinger
I don't have time to read all of these yet, but I too want to pass my thank you along, although I can understand the husbands position, I do not agree with it.

Thank You Mr. President.

Be sure and thank him for killing this Texas baby on Tuesday too. He signed the law making this possible. Against the Mother's wishes, the hospital killed the baby last week. Was this on the news? Did Bush save the day? Or did not one of the Terri crowd say a word?

HoustonChronicle
Baby dies after hospital removes breathing tube
Case is the first in which a judge allowed a hospital to discontinue care

Is Bush going to save us from his law now too? Ya'll are some warm fuzzy fools.

To be honest RANT I didnt know.......this is sick. I personaly know a child that is very simular and the parents were told 6 months to live if lucky, that was three years ago.

SHAME ON YOU PRESIDENT BUSH

SHAME ON YOU TEXAS

SHAME ON YOU AMERICA.............

This is just not right...............

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

But please don't think I was attacking you. I really didn't have any intention to do that. I save all my anger for the manipulators.
Oh no, i know, hon. I was just letting you know i understood what was happening due to Rants posts and posts such as yours. It took me a bit to catch up
with the politics of it all. Thanks for your wise and interesting posts

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

SHAME ON YOU TEXAS

Funny.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   

SHAME ON YOU TEXAS

Funny.

No this is not funny. Not at all.

I did not know and am looking and reading about the case and so far I am disgusted.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

No this is not funny. Not at all.

I did not know and am looking and reading about the case and so far I am disgusted.

In that context of course not. You're spot on there Ed.

While I may not agree with your personal beliefs on these issues in full, I'm sickened that anyone's belief system can be manipulated with such cynical hypocrisy by our leaders.

It's totally disgusting.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   

It's totally disgusting.

Well folks you have heard it here first,

RANT and Edsinger agree on something....

/looking for the lightning strike/

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

It's totally disgusting.

/looking for the lightning strike/

Should you further agree that the mainstream media needs to provide this context to the Schiavo debate, and illuminate us a little more on Bush's Texas Futile Care Law and the death of Sun Hudson...

360@cnn.com, 48hours@cbsnews.com, am@cnn.com, Colmes@foxnews.com, comments@foxnews.com, crossfire@cnn.com, dateline@nbc.com, daybreak@cnn.com, earlyshow@cbs.com, evening@cbsnews.com, Foxreport@foxnews.com, insidepolitics@cnn.com, inthemoney@cnn.com, live@cnn.com, livefrom@cnn.com, newsnight@cnn.com, nightline@abcnews.com, nightly@nbc.com, rrhodes@airamericaradio.com, today@nbc.com, wam@cnn.com, wolf@cnn.com, world@msnbc.com, wsj.ltrs@wsj.com, letters@nytimes.com, public@nytimes.com, netaudr@abc.com

This is how you do it. I'll let you tell FreeRepublic.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Thats not what I read DrFunk, I read her husband has denied her treatment which might improve her condition and TV is not even allowed in her room and lack of outside stumuli will hurt her condition....even the cause for her condition is suspect. Her Jerk husband already shacked up with another woman and fathered kids, So his motives are suspect.

Now in a court of law, a killer can be let free IF there is reasonable doubt and it looks like there is plenty of reasonable doubt here, should'nt Terry be afforded the same rights as a killer in a court room?

Maximu§

Look, I feel that the sob story we read in the papers is to give us an emotional response about this, as if there is a glimmer of hope. The husband is the legal guardian and the courts and medical professionals, people who are qualified about diagnosing these things say that she's in a persistent vegatitive state. He's won all the court battles and it now looks like he'll be fighting in federal court.

I don't think any of us or the American people know enough about the story to make judgements, I feel the people who should make the case are only the parties involved and a court of law.

I feel that it was wrong for congress to 'intervene' the way they have done after other courts of law had found in favour of her husband. To interfere in a private family affair like this I feel is wrong.

However, if they want to battle it in federal court, I feel they should do so

What I want to see is this womans wishes and the wishes of her husband carried out, for her to die and a reprimand against congress for intervening on this issue which i see as an abuse of power and privilege.

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 21-3-2005 by drfunk]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The Texas baby case is sad, but I think it's important to note several differences between it and the Schiavo case. The case apparantly did make it to the Federal courts, so the type of intervention conducted in the Schiavo case would have no affect, since it already was reviewed by the U.S. court. Second, artificial ventalation is a much more aggressive life-support intervention than a simple feeding tube. Removing ventalation causes death in minutes if the patient can't breathe and the patient could, possibly, start breathing on his own maintaining life (this has happened before). Terri has a feeding tube and withdrawing it causes a slow death by dehydration and starvation. The Florida judge ordered that the family couldn't even help her by giving her food and water, so there would be no way that Terri could avoid death short of a miraculous recovery, standing up, and walking out to the cafeteria to buy food and drink.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

*looks at the sky to see if Wormwood is heading this way, heralding the apocolypse...*

Just thought I'd mention this, of all people, it seems my fellow Floridians actually see something wrong with this. The morning news of all local stations expected to receive e-mails supporting Schiavo's parents, but so far, it isn't about one side or the other, but more about the federal government overstepping it's bounds and echoing McCain's comments that this is not a productive use of Congress' time. It's refreshing to see that people aren't as blind as I thought.

We in Florida have seen this case for the past decade or so. Trust me, we know full well both sides of it (we have had no other choice)... Regardless of how you feel about it though, such abuses of office as we've seen the past few weeks, set serious and dangerous precedents, which will come back and bite us in the ass....mark my words on this...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Occurs we all know after the Euphoria caused by the media circus the reality of what we have allowed here to be done.

Now many people are awakening to see with better eyes how the agenda was play in Florida, yes in Florida conveniently a state run by bush brother.

Where was the "governor" while all the drama was played? why did he himself took the reigns of his state in favor of the woman?

Why did he allowed nobody else but "congress" and the "president" to get involve in his state.

He just gave it all to the federal government he just open the door for the congress to get involve in a domestic issue.

Where is supreme court?

Yes many are not been able to smell the coffee this morning but only how they were played at.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Where is supreme court?

That is the $1 million dollar question isn't it?

If the judge signs off on this, it'll mean that the Executive branch has then interfered in the jurisdiction of the Legislative, as this issue has already been decided by the Florida State Supreme Court. Well, we all know that the law is clear enough so where this will never go to the Supreme Court, so instead the Bush brothers conspired to override and circumvent the checks and balances system that's worked for this nation for over two centuries...

Indeed....thank you Mr. President....

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well, we all know that the law is clear enough so where this will never go to the Supreme Court, so instead the Bush brothers conspired to override and circumvent the checks and balances system that's worked for this nation for over two centuries...

Bingo!!!!!!we should be talking about how our politicians are playing in our government.

Terri is safe, but now are we safe from the government now? that will be the question.

What is next? I want to find out what is the agenda, what are the repercussions of this, is our Constitution and checks and balances unstable now? how bad.

And where is the supreme court? they are supposed to keep the balance and protect the constitution.

I want answers that is what I want.

Thanks Gazrok, you know how big this issue is going to turn out to be, is not long the "safe the life" but safe us from the government.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

so instead the Bush brothers conspired to override and circumvent the checks and balances system that's worked for this nation for over two centuries...

And hasnt this been the case since 2000? I swear this president has changed it all, there's no stopping them now. I think this is all being done with something much bigger in mind to come.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

What is next? I want to find out what is the agenda, what are the repercussions of this, is our Constitution and checks and balances unstable now? how bad.

Well, if the Judge signs, then it means the Executive Branch will then have been given a powerful precedent to circumvent the process of legislation within the Legislative branch. Basically, in any case, it opens the door to completely bypass the Supreme Court even after a State Supreme Court ruling on an issue.

Furthermore, it will disrupt the checks and balances system currently in place, and likewise take such life or decisions away from individuals, even from the State, and instead put them in the hands of the Federal government. As if that wasn't bad enough, the wording of the legislation could be used to make further intrusions, such as in abortion cases, and other cases involving lack of patient consent, and put the decision at the fed level instead of the individuals affected. Scary, isn't it?

The good news is, so far, the judge hasn't signed it, so still hope that this crack doesn't come to pass....

[edit on 21-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thanks, they you go it bush brought clearly on a speech that the government should take the issue of life, so his agenda is for favor of anti abortionist and the rights of abortion in our country.

That was the agenda, so he will do anything to preserved his voice on the matter.

Gazrok now the president will have to power to rule over our own personal decisions.

And the minority is getting away with it, absolute power.

I still have not seen if the bill has been sign or not.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This woman is so severely brain damaged she can't even swallow. She knows nothing...... she is a vegetable. Let her rest... she died many years ago. Sorry..... I don't want to sound callused but isn't there more important things for congress to be attending to????? Diversion.... This is the perfect diversion.....mabe it is intended to be.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ms_Bhavn
Sorry..... I don't want to sound callused but isn't there more important things for congress to be attending to????? Diversion.... This is the perfect diversion.....mabe it is intended to be.

Ms_Bhavn, the terri case was the door and the reason for groups out there with the help of our president to push other agendas.

She was the poppet and the family, you will seen more clearly now what the real issue was.

If the issue of life was so important the baby in Texas would have been alive now but he was left to die.

It's about pushing laws and by passing rulings by the supreme court.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The bill passed, but the bill only grants the power for a federal judge to sign the order, it doesn't put the tube back in, the judge has to sign off on it... We'll likely know today.

I'm assuming that if this is done, Mr. Schiavo's attourneys will then try to have the bill struck down as unconstitutional (which it clearly is), however, the president and his cohorts in Congress will no doubt delay that forever, thus keeping this dangerous legislation active.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by Gazrok]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join