It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be Possible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A friend of mine at Ft Mead says that they have a copy of the hard drive from Pallutcchi's lap top. Using that copy, they hacked into it and obtained the passwords and encrypted files. Can this be possible? Using a copy of her hard drive and be able to hack into it? He was laughing hysterically at the time and, I think inadvertently, said the passwords were related to some of her family events! I don't know if it's true, and he's probably pulling my chain, as he knows that I like to post here. So, at this time, I can't confirm nor deny it.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Hmmm...Passwords named after family events?

Boobjob1986?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

So they stole an image of the drive, then used that to find the passwords to hack the drive?

Sounds like there's carts and horses out of order.

Would need to be more specific to know if this makes sense.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
A friend of mine at Ft Mead says that they have a copy of the hard drive from Pallutcchi's lap top. Using that copy, they hacked into it and obtained the passwords and encrypted files. Can this be possible? Using a copy of her hard drive and be able to hack into it? He was laughing hysterically at the time and, I think inadvertently, said the passwords were related to some of her family events! I don't know if it's true, and he's probably pulling my chain, as he knows that I like to post here. So, at this time, I can't confirm nor deny it.

It is entirely possible - to erase a hard drive, you must encode it with all zeroes THREE TIMES OVER, or the FBI (and others) can lift the residual ones and zeroes. Or, drill a hole in the case, and fill the thing with acid or bleach. That's what I've been told, but having never done it, I can neither confirm or deny that it works.

link   
Oh, and it's "Pelosi."
edit on 11-1-2021 by Lazarus Short because: ;askdfj;asdj;fkja;sdfj;alksjdf;lkajsd;fkja;sdlkfj;alksdjf;lkajsd;flkja;sdfj;alkdsfj;aksdjf;laksdjf;lkasdjf;lkasdjf;lkajsdf;aksdjf

link   

Using that copy, they hacked into it and obtained the passwords and encrypted files. Can this be possible? Using a copy of her hard drive and be able to hack into it?

Yes it's standard procedure when trying to access a drive that's encrypted.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Oh, and its "Pelosi."

I was going to ask...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Oh, and its "Pelosi."

I was going to ask...

Of course, everyone knows her as "Nancy."

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yeah it is possible.

But several steps in that are not legal.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Theft.

Receiving stolen goods.

Attempt to compromise the encrypted information of someone who has a Congressional security clearance.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

If it’s encrypted, you can’t “hack into it and get passwords” unless you have the correct decryption software and the password that matches the encryption software on the HDD.

Now if it was just a local password and no encryption, you can load up a very legal piece of software on a USB drive from the boot menu and reset all passwords to your choosing. Including the admin password.

The biggest hurdle isn’t the password/s (if it’s a local account). The biggest is the encryption.

But it is very unlikely it was a simple local account. You then have other hurdles to overcome. Such as Network ID and passwords, MAC spoofing, the fact that they knew the laptop had been taken and they would suspend account login for it.
edit on 1112021 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Pretty much anything past it being on her desk, in her/their(congress) custody..was there a warrant?
edit on 11-1-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Perhaps destroying a COPY of the data but solving the encryption was all that was necessary to then know how to operate with the original drive and gain access.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
a reply to: TerryDon79

Perhaps destroying a COPY of the data but solving the encryption was all that was necessary to then know how to operate with the original drive and gain access.

The thing that bugs me is, this all hinges on it being a local account. I highly doubt it’s that simple.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It’s very likely that there was a local account on the laptop even if Pelosi was using a network account. The fact that it’s a laptop suggests that she might use it outside of the Capitol building and so likely beyond its direct network. There are many layers to this, but gaining access to it’s data is really far easier than most know.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2021 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Theft.

Receiving stolen goods.

Attempt to compromise the encrypted information of someone who has a Congressional security clearance.

Pelosi is probably one of America's most wanted criminals, she probably stole that laptop like they stole the election.

so tit for tat...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Of course there’s a local account. No PC/laptop around doesn’t have one.

My issue is the way to log in to her account is very likely (in my opinion) not a local account.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Theft.

Receiving stolen goods.

Not if the Feds were involved.
I would not expect you to know that , so no Denying Ignorance on this one.
edit on 1/11/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join