It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be Possible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: Violater1

Yeah it is possible.

But several steps in that are not legal.

Like ?

Pretty much anything past it being on her desk, in her/their(congress) custody..was there a warrant?

Depends on which organization was involved.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Theft.

Receiving stolen goods.

Attempt to compromise the encrypted information of someone who has a Congressional security clearance.

The lap top is property is the United States.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

If it’s encrypted, you can’t “hack into it and get passwords” unless you have the correct decryption software and the password that matches the encryption software on the HDD.

Now if it was just a local password and no encryption, you can load up a very legal piece of software on a USB drive from the boot menu and reset all passwords to your choosing. Including the admin password.

The biggest hurdle isn’t the password/s (if it’s a local account). The biggest is the encryption.

But it is very unlikely it was a simple local account. You then have other hurdles to overcome. Such as Network ID and passwords, MAC spoofing, the fact that they knew the laptop had been taken and they would suspend account login for it.

network ID? MAC spoofing? what?

if the data is encrypted, in the end you just need the decryption key - which is obviously the hardest part, since you gotta guess the password. you shouldn't need any remote data for that though, unless you're aware of an encryption software that stores the keys only remotely, without any trace of them on the local drive (may be tricky to do, would make the data inaccessible when offline, and personally i'm not aware of such solution, not saying there isn't one though). if i would have to guess, if they could get the password, it would be probably from some security camera footage.

if the data isn't encrypted, local or remote accounts don't matter as far as accessing local data is concerned, you just bypass it all when reading the drive on another pc. of course, when it comes to accessing remote data from some server, login credentials are required, but in such case you're not going after the laptop, you're going after the server directly.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Theft.

Receiving stolen goods.

Attempt to compromise the encrypted information of someone who has a Congressional security clearance.

Pelosi is probably one of America's most wanted criminals, she probably stole that laptop like they stole the election.

so tit for tat...

What specific crimes is she wanted for?

Why if she is wanted does she still freely hold very public office? Unlike the President, she doesn't have immunity from prosecution or the ability to pardon.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

unless you're aware of an encryption software that stores the keys only remotely

There’s quite a few out there. Ones with static passwords stored on servers, rolling keys (they change constantly and you need separate software to know the password), swipe cards that “talk” to the server to verify and a ton of other, non local encryption key methods.

The idea that, in 2021, in a first world digital country, government laptops are as unsecured as a windows XP machine, is laughable.

Hell, the chances of anything meaningful being stored locally is pretty slim (in my opinion).

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Theft.

Receiving stolen goods.

Not if the Feds were involved.
I would not expect you to know that , so no Denying Ignorance on this one.

So, are you suggesting that the Feds are involved with breaking and entering, intrusion, vandalism, theft, and possibly murder, from the Capitol Building?

edit on 11/1/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Theft.

Receiving stolen goods.

That's silly. The United States is a country. It can't even type.

edit on 11/1/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Theft.

Receiving stolen goods.

So, are you suggesting that the Feds are involved with breaking and entering, intrusion, vandalism, theft, and possibly murder, from the Capitol Building?

The CIA spied on Senate committees, so yeah.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Theft.

Receiving stolen goods.

I can pretty much confirm those are all part of routine Fed operations, not that I believe it happened here.

As for it being illegal, sure it is. Tell me, if evidence of crimes comes to light during the investigation of another crime (say theft of a laptop), is it disqualified from use by prosecutors or law enforcement?

It seems like this is the case, but only if the information found doesn't implicate an entrenched politician or their family.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Hmmm...Passwords named after family events?

Boobjob1986?

You're all forgetting that a lot of idiots just sticky post their passwords to their laptops....

You'd be amazed how many times that has aided me.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Keep us posted!

She seems very unstable and unhinged, this could be why?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Theft.

Receiving stolen goods.

Bingo. Gov't assets are exactly that. She owns nothing and there is a big banner when you log in telling you that every time.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Pelosi is probably one of America's most wanted criminals, she probably stole that laptop like they stole the election.

Or perhaps she was given it because of hardware inside it that was the interesting bit. The data would be a bonus.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Theft.

Receiving stolen goods.

Oh damn. That's how that works? Thanks for breaking it down. Ima head down and pick up a US tank and a couple warheads then. That tank is gonna look pretty good once I park it out in the front yard like how people do with old farm equipment.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Another issue is that the hard drive is formatted and written by address to sectors that string together to make files. Having just the data is meaningless without the path which is one of encryption’s strengths (to a lesser degree, same goes for the OS/HD format,?hence Win95 is weaker then XP which is weaker than W10. Each file format is more difficult “hack”).

The real problem is the OS storing info to make your life easier! There, run an exe decompiler and watch plain text passwords fly by as your wallet provides the information happily!

Man, those TLA guys is smart!

ETA: I am not sure about OP but it might be because I slept very little last night. Going to be an Eggo on this and waffle!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Keep us posted!

She seems very unstable and unhinged, this could be why?

I've tried calling him several times tonight,
He's not picking up.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Theft.

Receiving stolen goods.

I can pretty much confirm those are all part of routine Fed operations, not that I believe it happened here.

Thank you for your insider knowledge.

As for it being illegal, sure it is. Tell me, if evidence of crimes comes to light during the investigation of another crime (say theft of a laptop), is it disqualified from use by prosecutors or law enforcement?

It can be under the rules of double jeopardy. However, if it is a different crime, and a different perp, at a different time, in fact, if anything is different about the alleged crime based upon evidence, then double jeopardy rules cannot apply as it is another and separate instance.

It seems like this is the case, but only if the information found doesn't implicate an entrenched politician or their family.

Since no American citizen but the President (and possibly the VP) is immune from prosecution and provided a case is clearly evidenced and can be upheld in a court of law, it isn't likely that the wilder accusations of some conspiracy theorists will ever actually stick.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Yeah it is possible.

Like ?

Theft.

Receiving stolen goods.

oh, you mean like Anthony Weiner? rofl

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Government computers are Microsoft Thinkpad trash and the like. You have to have a Common Access Card (CAC) to gain access to the computer. For the House of Representatives, the office of the Chief Administrative Officer is in charge of all the electronics, the software, repairs, etc.

cao.house.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Chief Administrative Officer

In the Senate, it is the office of the Sergeant At Arms
www.cop.senate.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Sergeant At Arms

Both of these offices employ hundreds of people and have their own IT staff that could access any computer in a heartbeat, especially in matters pertaining to national security. No SF needed; CAC card not necessary.

The only way to keep them out of whatever’s on that laptop is to smash it with a hammer. But who’d do a thing like that? Destroying government property and highly compartmentalized information can have one thrown in a federal penitentiary for life.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Using that copy, they hacked into it and obtained the passwords and encrypted files. Can this be possible? Using a copy of her hard drive and be able to hack into it?

Yes it's standard procedure when trying to access a drive that's encrypted.

Interrogating a bit copy is good practice, preserving any evidence on the source drive.

Done a few over the years

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join