It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Amazon Kicking Parler Off Web Server — Shutting Platform Down Until They Find New Host

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: lakespirit

I never owned a lib.

Why would I want one of those?

Right now Antifa's like, "Wait, what?"

We gert perler too.

edit on 11-1-2021 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

they got SO MAD about "big media" and "conservative oppression" that they WILLINGLY handed their ID over to grifters.... and then proceeded to lay their plans like they were untouchable in the secret bunker. it was antifa! it was antifa all along! Trump has a satellite that can detect antifa nanotech and he's been tracking them! tick tock babe!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
they got SO MAD about "big media" and "conservative oppression" that they WILLINGLY handed their ID over to grifters.... and then proceeded to lay their plans like they were untouchable in the secret bunker. it was antifa! it was antifa all along! Trump has a satellite that can detect antifa nanotech and he's been tracking them! tick tock babe!

This is what a low IQ gets you these days...wholeheartedly buying into baseless conspiracies, on the no-fly list and a free visit from the Feds.

Bigly winning!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

what i wanna know is if the website was a secret antifa plot, and everyone who bought into it was antifa dressed as maga pretending to be antifa disguised as maga, are there even really any real conservatives at all? or are we all just antifa on different levels of the larp?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
what i wanna know is if the website was a secret antifa plot, and everyone who bought into it was antifa dressed as maga pretending to be antifa disguised as maga, are there even really any real conservatives at all? or are we all just antifa on different levels of the larp?

You basically just asked that famous Zen question, 'What is the sound of one hand Krappening?'.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Mind just went KABOOM!! It's Antifa-inception...

My coffee is now all over the place because of you two...

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I don't whether that's a conspiracy theory or not, but if it isn't -- oops.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime
That's interesting. NOTHING is ever 100% deleted. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm all for free speech and whatnot, but I think you guys are over reacting. Big business and big government will always try to censor the non-mainstream no matter what that is.

ATS will delete your post or account in a heartbeat if you don't post under their rules and guidelines. Sometimes we don't like it, but it's something most of us accept or we wouldn't be coming back here. I came here for primarily because some of the ATS guys (owners/users/staff?) were interviewed about their product on my x-favorite late night radio program "Coast to Coast" when Art Bell was doing it himself from Pharump, NV. ATS has become much more political since then, but I still visit off an on when something unusual is happening in the world and lately it's been the virus, Nashville bombing and Trump politics. If ATS allows things to get out of hand and becomes a base for communications that result in law breaking activity I have no doubt governments would step in and ask them to comply or be subject to being blocked in any manner they can come up with, but as we see ATS has a firm grip on enforcement of their rules.

I have not been on Parlor or any similar sites mentioned, so I don't really know what is going on other than some form of censorship by their host "AWS". I have an account with AWS, so I know a little about them. They're not stupid enough to lose too many customers, but they made a decision with at least one and that's that - everyone is welcome to go somewhere else as there are plenty of small ISP's who will happily take "Parlor's" business.

I use to use an ISP named Eskimo North and I used them for some of my early clients. I also remember they were one of the few that had a full news feed (uncensored), but I don't know if that is currently still true as I quit using that technology when the web became popular. I'm sure there's many more out there that will be happy to take "Parlor's" business that are not going to censor unless forced to by their local governments. Still there will always be somewhere to go, but it may take a little more work to setup the product you want to offer.

I guess that's one of the dangers of allowing companies like Amazon to grow too big. Some grocery workers hate Walmart and boycott them and delivery company workers and others who feel Amazon effects their livelyhood probably boycott Amazon as well. For the time being I shop where it's most convenient and least expensive because I have a limited budget so I'm not boycotting Amazon or Walmart anytime soon. Just because "Parlor" whom I have no plans to use has to jump through some extra hoops to keep their site up, I'm not boycotting anything. That's something they should have considered in the first place or perhaps they grew to fast and too big to have contemplated it, growing pains nothing more. There will always be some sort of censorship pressure from governments or rich cats running companies you think you need to use.

A big chunk of my Trump supporting friends have been talking about leaving Facebook for sites like "Parlor" because they can't re-post false stories and lies that have been debunked about Trump. I tell them not to re-post other peoples stuff which they have done little or no research about, but they continue to post it like some kind of campaign to get Trump re-elected and Biden condemned then now it has moved to what has resulted in what happened in DC, thus the clampdown is what we now have because people are getting hurt or killed over lies and falsehoods.
edit on 1/11/21 by verylowfrequency because: sp +

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
Wait....you didn't have to give your creditcard number and pin when singing up to ATS?

I might have to call my bank...hang on.

Peace

Their driver's license, FFS, they scanned and uploaded it. How stupid.

WHat a bunch of morons. Im on parler BUT i was not so stupid as to give actual personal information. smh. And I do not recall having to give my DL information either. I also lack a picture on there as well and will not ever post one.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Let me see if I get this right, the "Patriots" on Parler who are fighting for Murica Freedums as part of the QTrump ARG LARP really had no issue with providing pictures of official identification to an online forum. Since that data was scraped and is now being binned, dropped or other they are now squirming.

Might be time to upgrade your players handbook for this version of the LARP folks.

Or don't stop because the lulz are biggly with this one.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lernmore
Is this an actual war?

Where do I sign up?

Ha. The information war has really been going on for awhile. You can see its effects on ATS!
edit on 1/11/2021 by dokuno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Former Trump voter and supporter here......Why is anyone surprised Parler is getting the heave ho???
The most ironic part of this is much like the unintended consequences of the dem's nuclear option....
It seems like Trumps push to hold the internet accountable is going to end up shutting him out.
Much like his tough legislation designed to protect controversial monuments is going to be sending his most ardent of supporters to jail.

And frankly.....if you really want to cheer on the kind of nuts that wandered into those halls I'm kinda happy that your platforms are being taken away. BACK TO THE POST STAT

If

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Good.

HA!

Called it!

Have you ever actually been on it, Parler, Voat, or GAB? It's DISGUSTING. Basically platforms for people to use the n-word as often as possible, and call for the slaughter of gays. I DO frequent these places as an opposition troll.

You're a pretty level headed dude. If you haven't been there, your opinion is invalid.

That's what I've been saying about Twitter for YEARS. It's completely disgusting. Would you like examples?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Good!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

The hashtag #Noflylist on Twitter has all kind of video's of people being removed from planes/dragged from terminals and being arrested...

Peace

ETA: my bad, this was from this weekend. I thought this was today and related to the hack.
edit on 11-1-2021 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
Wait....you didn't have to give your creditcard number and pin when singing up to ATS?

I might have to call my bank...hang on.

Peace

Their driver's license, FFS, they scanned and uploaded it. How stupid.

WHat a bunch of morons. Im on parler BUT i was not so stupid as to give actual personal information. smh. And I do not recall having to give my DL information either. I also lack a picture on there as well and will not ever post one.

DL what the piss...

I didnt have to do that when I signed up and wouldnt have signed up if they requested it.

WEird.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
We don't have the highest incidence of death by firearm in the world, as the USA does.

We are a happy and peaceful society with a high standard of living, democracy, and equality of legal recourse.

Really? You keep saying this, but there are 59 countries with a lower crime index then you all while both you and America are in the 40s on the index. America is equal to France and Sweden...

One day you might stop this never ending oh we are so good crap....lol

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join