It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump finally commits to ‘orderly transition’ after deadly storming of Capitol by supporters

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: djz3ro

I can't recall a US election like this before, even when it came to Gore v Bush it was a lot more civil than this. Trump knows he holds the hearts and minds of a lot of the Reps in his hand and he won't want to let go straight away.

I'm willing to be proved wrong, time will tell.

Trump will walk away as long as he can with the idea he didn't lose, that ego thing... He might plan for 2024 or at least suggest it, but we both know that ain't going to happen....

Much of the civilness stopped about 10 seconds after Trump hit 270 electoral votes wouldn't you say. Much of the frustration on the right is in reaction the the never ending left RRREEeee for 4 years now...Riots in 20+ cities, Portland in a constant state or rioting for like 200 days now...

Lets add in the narrative that everyone on the right is a racist or uncle Tom, revision of history, the really nasty fights over SC seats with the threat of making 2 more states to create 4 more Senators and a handful of reps to the liberal side, the threat to expand the SC to make and recent or past selections moot, tearing down statues with most that make no sense to do so...An elk? really? Washington, Lincoln...really? and so many more... Add in the huge cancel culture of attacks from the left towards the right to include DOXing, physical attacks, destroy people's livelihoods over simple ideology differences.

There nothing like WOKEness and social justice warriors in your face all the time too... I can go on but you get the point.

After all said and done the left now says nothing to see here, BUT we both know the stuff I wrote above is not going to end with Biden in office, so I don't know what to say when you suggest the election wasn't that civil...

Now Schumer is calling for the 25th to be invoked to hit Trump with one more thing in his last days after a total dog and pony show of a impeachment process, lets not forget endless accusations coming once Trump leaves office, the left want to make a statement to all Americans, "Don't defy the liberal authority again!" ...lol

And we talk of civil....

This!

Four years of nonstop temper tantrum.

Started talking impeachment BEFORE he was inaugurated!
Riots at the inauguration
70 Democrat congress/senators don't even go to inauguration because Trump is illegitimate
Racist accusations
Lies about Russia
Lies about Charlottesville
on and on...

An entire summer of love with leftist rioting and burning everything in their path with every excuse under the sun from leftist politicians...

Remember when Cuomo justified riots to go against the "system"

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: djz3ro

Weird you left democrats out of that terror list

After all, you called maga terrorists and a cult

Yet strangely don’t seem to have such words for Biden and Dems, whose team and vp actually worked to bail out terrorists in blm, unlike trump

Surely a simple oversight on n your part, after all we KNOW your not a democrat

I assume you’ll be clarifying that as you link your threads in the democrat terrorists that raided the capitol during kavanaugh

You seem to have misread, I said that Antifa and BLM are not terrorist organisations but are labelled so, MAGA is now in the same category, not actually a terrorist organisation but labelled one.

I didn't know Dems invaded the Capitol for Kavennagh until DB pointed it out earlier, I don't agree with them either. I am all for peaceful protests (and have taken part in a few myself) but the minute violence becomes a tool, it's not ok.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

BUT BUT BUT - it's just, "A few bad actors in a mostly peaceful protest"! That's what we're told when the left does it (except when they do it's "A fiery but mostly peaceful protest."

Don't be a hypoocrite.

One thing I am not is a hypocrite.

And proud of this fact.

You see, I don't abide the violent actions of BLM or ANTIFA anymore than I do the MAGA's we saw yesterday.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th

The devil's in the detail.

Yep up until the 20th trump could pay for opposition research from Chinese spies that he then has his fbi people use to spy on Biden’s team for the next few years, leaking to allies like Hannity in the press, having biden and company lawyers raided in the middle of the night, etc

That’s how you have a real peaceful transition of power, right?

Is that what Obama did after Trump won?

Yes

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

I'm not one for retaliationary copycatting. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Even if i had supported Trump since 2016, I wouldn't be sitting here now telling you that I looked forward to 4 years of acting like the Left did, I'm far from being such a petty creature.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: research100
don't forget that t
rump put the law into place that temporarily lowered taxes..now when it expires next year DON'T BLAME BIDEN

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Now you and others can rejoice in the era of leftism!

No more worries about Constitutionalists, republicans or even libertarians.

No sir!

Now we can look forward to endless years of the glorious People's Republic of America!

We get too look forward to more wars, higher taxes, open borders, fewer of those pesky freedoms, and a kinder. . . . more gentle despotism!

Congratulations!

*doffs hat*

You won!

You do realize that congress had to make that decision, not Trump. . . right?

So we're agreed Biden can't be blamed for it?

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

A eye for a eye makes the whole world blind,but then its a fair fight.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

A eye for a eye makes the whole world blind,but then its a fair fight.

with that logic next candidate the dems should roll a bunch of conspiracy theory to destroy him right away and maybe ask an other country to help...echo a conspiracy theory like qanon a accuse the rep of been pedophile Satan worshiper...kids trafficker...spend 4 years calling the rep a disgrace ..human scum...enemy of the people...make baseless accusation

ect

link   

originally posted by: gortex

nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th

The devil's in the detail.

Yep up until the 20th trump could pay for opposition research from Chinese spies that he then has his fbi people use to spy on Biden’s team for the next few years, leaking to allies like Hannity in the press, having biden and company lawyers raided in the middle of the night, etc

That’s how you have a real peaceful transition of power, right?

Is that what Obama did after Trump won?

Yes

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

I'm not one for retaliationary copycatting. Two wrongs don't make a right.

So, strike first and you're home free - got it.

link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

This!

Four years of nonstop temper tantrum.

Started talking impeachment BEFORE he was inaugurated!
Riots at the inauguration
70 Democrat congress/senators don't even go to inauguration because Trump is illegitimate
Racist accusations
Lies about Russia
Lies about Charlottesville
on and on...

I could literally spend hours worth of time writing down the crap the left has pulled these last four years, but it would be a lesson in futility as the left either justifies it all or they don't look back past two weeks

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Even if i had supported Trump since 2016, I wouldn't be sitting here now telling you that I looked forward to 4 years of acting like the Left did, I'm far from being such a petty creature.

What this summer showed us was that many on the left have a lot of free time on their hands...Maybe their situation mixed in with pandemic locked downs, but I have asked my fellow workers "who has the time to riot at 2 AM 5 work days in a row?" or 200 days in a row? lol

Most on the right need to get back to their jobs, careers, families...life...So venting then it is time to get back to what we always do and it isn't 2 AM or endless riots.

edit on 7-1-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That is a ridiculous excuse. It is intellectually dishonest to attempt to shrug off what happen yesterday because of 'crap the left pulled over the last 4 years'.

For one, the 'left' did not have a ring leader to encourage bad behavior, while Trump has been encouraging fringe groups to act out for years, and after Trump lost, he called for an insurrection.

The fact the 25th Amendment has not been invoked tells me his cabinet members have no spine. Trump is a criminal and deserves to be treated as such. His true colors came out yesterday, unfortunately his die hard supporters are color blind.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Why is the world so sure of Pences outrage at Trumps behaviour?

Trumps supporters support the man not a concept.

Only Trump could have stirred up what happend yesterday.

One consequence was the certification was stopped (which didn't happen) , another consequence is thst Pence gets made acting President. There isnt much middle ground.

So say Pence gets made acting President, with the support of Congress because he distanced himself from his old boss Trump, and upheldvthe law.

And then Pence declares a State of Emergency, because of all the division seeded by Trump.

Pence puts troops on the streets - with the support of some senior military - and locksdown Congress.

Pence then calls on Trump to take back the reins of power - because, Pence argues, only Trump can mend what Trump has broken, and is therefore the only one who can re-unite the country.

Trump, reluctantly and having been asked twice, walks back into the Oval office and resumes his agenda, and kicks off his dynasty.

Like you say, its not over.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
That is a ridiculous excuse. It is intellectually dishonest to attempt to shrug off what happen yesterday because of 'crap the left pulled over the last 4 years'.

I'm not...Its not worst or better, but maybe a little better as they didn't try and burn everything downs like the left seems to want to do. The provocateurs that stormed the Capital were dead wrong and most likely mixed with anarchists too now that the establishment is going left just as I have suggested a number of times they are mixed with liberals. We are also talking about time here in I don't see them attempting to create a CHAZ as example, or long term riots etc...

For one, the 'left' did not have a ring leader to encourage bad behavior, while Trump has been encouraging fringe groups to act out for years, and after Trump lost, he called for an insurrection.

You can't poke the bear then complain when the bear roars, and boy did Trump roar and often. Now Trump encouraging fringe groups is much more a MSM talking point to push an agenda then anything else.

The fact the 25th Amendment has not been invoked tells me his cabinet members have no spine. Trump is a criminal and deserves to be treated as such. His true colors came out yesterday, unfortunately his die hard supporters are color blind.

Was Obama a criminal when he killed Americans with drones, started wars without congress approval, sent illegal guns to Mexico that came back and used in America, Weaponized the IRS/FBI, used a fake dossier to establish spying and possible removal of an incoming president, and more...

I kind of want to establish with you what do you see as criminal or not? I don't think Trump told them to take the Capital and even spoke on it to not do it, and/or leave peacefully.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

You are either delusional or so wrapped up in a bubble that I cannot believe the stuff you post...

No ring leaders? Leftist politicians were basically encouraging the riots all summer. I really don't want o have to go dig up videos of them basically supporting and excusing every riot under the sun (until the Frankenstien the created turned on them).

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

Like you say, its not over.

IDK the fat lady started to sing like two weeks ago.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

Its over for Trump now.

Especially with that piss poor out of key swansong we seen him perpetrate and instigate yesterday.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Name the 'leftish' politicians who were encouraging rioting all summer!

It is intellectually dishonest or just plain stupid to try to compare civil rights protest to the insurrection attempt spearheaded by Trump.

Enough is enough. What Trump did was criminal, some can even make the argument it was treasonous.

Anyone making excuses for Trump now is intellectually challenged.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

If you think what happened this summer was fully over civil rights, I've got a bridge to sell you.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Also, Trump literally just attempted a coup to insert himself as dictator of America but you were ok with that? Hypocrite!

No. He didn't. Literally. Your claiming he did just shows that you are... beyond help.

If you'd like to attempt to provide some evidence to support your ludicrous claim, I'll listen. You see... I actually have an open mind.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated
What Trump did was criminal, some can even make the argument it was treasonous.

Please. Do. Make the argument. With evidence, please.

What crime? Be specific. What act or acts was/were treasonous? Be specific.

Anyone making excuses for Trump now is intellectually challenged.

I haven't heard anyone making excuses for him. All I've heard are people making outlandishly false claims about him, and others challenging them for any evidence - any - to support these kinds of claims.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join