It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump finally commits to ‘orderly transition’ after deadly storming of Capitol by supporters

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: djz3ro
Right? No more Trump's fault excuses. Now you can focus on the damage good your new overlords have on shelf for you.

How about a total lockdown, takeaway of your rights, starting lists of political enemies, everything you would expect from a dictatorish-authoritian regime that you soon will have.

Congrats.

You another one assuming I'm a Dem? 🤣

Your Scottish aren't you? So you can't be a democrat or a republican as you are not actually from the USA and therefore this whole thing has nothing to do with you. This seems to be a fact that the Liberals in my country (UK) can't seem to get their head around

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
I'm All for Trump backing a 'peaceful and orderly transition of leadership' ...

but I'm not for a return to the pre-2016 tradition of the ousted leadership having a 'Loyal Opposition' disposition and refraining from throwing up 'roadblocks' in the path of the victorious Administration/Party/cabal-of-leftists-&-radicals

(as the Anti-Trumpers proceeded to do to the Trump Administration from election night 2015 until the day POTUS45 leaves office on 20 Jan 2021)

They're still trying to impeach him, now because they say he tried to lead a coup. This just confirms their fears of him running again in 2024.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The President is putting it to the test...finding out who his REAL friends are.

Putting it to the test: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm

Right? No more Trump's fault excuses. Now you can focus on the damage good your new overlords have on shelf for you.

How about a total lockdown, takeaway of your rights, starting lists of political enemies, everything you would expect from a dictatorish-authoritian regime that you soon will have.

Congrats.

Your Scottish aren't you? So you can't be a democrat or a republican as you are not actually from the USA and therefore this whole thing has nothing to do with you.

Bingo! Unfortunately it has something to do with all of us, it affects us too!

This seems to be a fact that the Liberals in my country (UK) can't seem to get their head around

I think you'll find both Liberals and Conservatives taking part in these discussions. I mean, I'd say if you don't like it go and find a less international forum to discuss this on. But here you are, a Brit, taking part in the same discussion I am. Hypocrisy!

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The President is putting it to the test...finding out who his REAL friends are.

Putting it to the test: twitter.com...

Oh look, CWM with an off topic Tweet from Trump, what a surprise!

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

And while he has now committed to a peaceful transition it's clear he won't go quietly into the night. We haven't heard the last of Trump and the Cult of MAGA.

At least this sorry chapter is coming to an end.

Why do you say that? Trump needs to make a Trump exit noting more in this. I guess it is up to MSM if they want to let Trump fade off like other Presidents. I'm sure his tweets will never stop, but at what point do we call him irrelevant like every other past President?

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

originally posted by: LSU2018

Dude you gotta stop. "deadly storming"? You, just like the fake ass media, constantly over-exaggerate what happened here. Why don't you make a thread about an unarmed white female being killed by Capitol police? Doesn't have quite the ring you're looking for?

The white female who stormed the Capitol building and ended up dead?

No deadly storming here!

For starters, let me just say that I didn't know her so I don't feel any pity like the left does when some random thug gets killed in the process of trying to kill or resist a cop. Having said that, the girl didn't storm the Capitol, she walked in through a door that was opened by those who did the storming. She was climbing through a busted window when she was shot, both hands were on the window surroundings so it's not like you couldn't see her empty hands. Had this been a black guy protesting at the Kavanaugh hearing, it would be 24/7 news. You're neither left nor right, so I know you see the double standard here.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
If only these trump supporters were wearing pink hats , screaming about Kavanaugh being a gang rapist amd chasing congressmen into elevators while they stormed the capitol

Then they would have been hailed as heros by the Dems, corporations, tech companies, academia, intel agencies, Lindsay graham and the other establishment republicans, left wingers on ats amd all over the internet, and the op

Check this out, you'll like it if you haven't seen it. This guy calls out the hypocrisy and compares the words used to describe both incidences.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

This all might be the end of my conspiracy theory enthusiasm days. I loved CT’s as long as I can remember, picking up little things back in the early 90’s with shows like Unsolved Mysteries or when the Discovery channel would do a special on the magic bullet, but this isn’t even interesting anymore. It’s f*cking lunacy.

All that stuff did is prove to me that morons out there will believe anything as long as it confirms their bias.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I was wondering when we get our hats and learn the secret handshake in this cult.

An OP's point really takes a hit anytime they feel the need to identify the right as a "cult".

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

I didn't win, America did.

Not that I think Biden's presidency will be a cake walk. There's a lot of work needs done and I'm really not sure he is the man to heal the divide but neither is Trump.

There's not one soul out there who can heal the divide of this country.

Does that not worry you?

At this point, no. I really can't worry about it because no amount of worry will make a difference. America is too far gone. I wish it wasn't so, but politicians are politicians and they care only about themselves, not those who elect them. Our government is a great big ball of bullshizzle.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Dude you gotta stop. "deadly storming"? You, just like the fake ass media, constantly over-exaggerate what happened here. Why don't you make a thread about an unarmed white female being killed by Capitol police? Doesn't have quite the ring you're looking for?

The white female who stormed the Capitol building and ended up dead?

No deadly storming here!

For starters, let me just say that I didn't know her so I don't feel any pity like the left does when some random thug gets killed in the process of trying to kill or resist a cop. Having said that, the girl didn't storm the Capitol, she walked in through a door that was opened by those who did the storming. She was climbing through a busted window when she was shot, both hands were on the window surroundings so it's not like you couldn't see her empty hands. Had this been a black guy protesting at the Kavanaugh hearing, it would be 24/7 news. You're neither left nor right, so I know you see the double standard here.

I don’t pay attention to MSM, so I can’t comment on what they’re reporting. I just know when I Google’d “woman shot Capitol building”, there was no shortage of stories published about it. That said, I don’t disagree with that aspect and if the MSM is keep hush hush about it, well...they’re f*cking scumbags to begin with, I’m not going to be surprised by that if that’s the case.

I feel some pity, not sure where to direct it yet, I think at the overall situation. Like I’ve said in other posts, I 100% understand what happened yesterday. I don’t understand the rioting and looting that went on over the summer. I’ve even posted the video here of the cops opening the gates freely to allow the protesters to reach the steps of the building and think that needs to be questioned as to why that was allowed to happen and who gave the order. I haven’t seen video of anyone opening doors from inside the building, just the one of the cop with the baton playing cat and mouse with the protesters. In his case, I think if he would have attacked any of them, they would have rushed him and beat the sh*t out of him. I can see why he’d back off.

If they were let into the Capitol building the same way they were allowed through the gate, that needs investigating. 100%. But if that were the case, why were others smashing windows? I watched enough of the live feed and saw enough tear gas flying and cops trying to push people out of the building to know that once they were in there, they wanted them out. To the Capitol police officer who shot the woman, they probably couldn’t see who was smashing the windows, nor did they know if those people were armed or not.

Keep in mind, over the last couple of months, the right has reminded people regularly, “We’re the ones with all the guns.”. It’s logical that the Capitol police on the inside of the rotunda, after the windows got smashed in and hearing everything going on on the other side of the door, were most likely thinking, “ShIt, we have to protect these senators. We don’t know who is armed or not. The police on that side are not enough to hold them back. They’re breaching, here one comes.” BANG!

And it’s not like that even stopped anyone, it kept on going. So now after people are seeing a woman bleeding out, after hearing a gunshot, they’re still not backing down. I’m frankly surprised no one else was shot yesterday.

I’m going to get a little hippie here, but I’m a libra through in and through out, I’m compelled, whether I like it or not, to view both sides of a situation and even more so, I’m an empath and can generally get a very accurate reading of people’s emotions and ideas by hearing them talk, how they express themselves with speech and body movement. Like I said, I can 100% understand what happened yesterday and how it came to be. I just don’t agree with it.

One of the coolest things I saw in a live feed yesterday was one Trump supporter telling another Trump supporter, “If you keep throwing sh*t, I’m going to beat the sh*t out of you. This is NOT what we’re here for and you’re going to make this worse by throwing sh*t at the cops.” IMO, that guy had the right idea. He was there to actually peacefully protest and by stopping that guy from throwing sh*t, he protected his right to do so, because surely the cops would have come with mace and batons if it wasn’t stopped.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

And while he has now committed to a peaceful transition it's clear he won't go quietly into the night. We haven't heard the last of Trump and the Cult of MAGA.

At least this sorry chapter is coming to an end.

Why do you say that? Trump needs to make a Trump exit noting more in this. I guess it is up to MSM if they want to let Trump fade off like other Presidents. I'm sure his tweets will never stop, but at what point do we call him irrelevant like every other past President?

I can't recall a US election like this before, even when it came to Gore v Bush it was a lot more civil than this. Trump knows he holds the hearts and minds of a lot of the Reps in his hand and he won't want to let go straight away.

I'm willing to be proved wrong, time will tell.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Actually, I was impressed with how many of the protesters did not slide over into being destructive rioters. See that video of them walking peacefully in the rotunda, most observing the velvet guide ropes? Likewise, when I saw the shot of the chamber, House I think, I noted just how few there really were in there. Most, I think, understood at some level that they were crossing their one lines of credible action and protest. That the ''mob'' was going to far. Imagine if there had been an organized takeover, all those seats would have been full and the people would have chained themselves together so that House members could not come back for voting.

Many I suppose were observers, hanging back and watching the more ''Yahooish'' who were being destructive. Throughout the mobs outside it was common to see people just walking away as if they had had enough, done their duty by being there and deciding that further actions on their part were unnecessary.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: fusionfilm

Your Scottish aren't you? So you can't be a democrat or a republican as you are not actually from the USA and therefore this whole thing has nothing to do with you.

Do you honestly believe that American politics has no effect on the UK and the rest of the world?

And this is an international site - started by a Brit - that is almost entirely discussion based.
And its members have opinions and are encouraged to share them, if they don't then we have no site.

This seems to be a fact some people can't seem to get their head around.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Congrats.

Your Scottish aren't you? So you can't be a democrat or a republican as you are not actually from the USA and therefore this whole thing has nothing to do with you. This seems to be a fact that the Liberals in my country (UK) can't seem to get their head around

Who made you master of the internet?

We all have opinions on world events and this was a shocking event, the storming of the Congress spurred by B.S claims of voter fraud, by a deluded Commander-in-Chief.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Congrats.

What he said.Between him and another Scottish twat on here(who shall remain nameless) on who has the biggest Trump complex.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Check this out, you'll like it if you haven't seen it. This guy calls out the hypocrisy and compares the words used to describe both incidences.

The MSM is calling this the greatest threat to democracy since the Brits attacked in 1814...lol then I watched a cop slowly leading some guy who went in and was like 70+ back out past the area they blocked off, and I thought oh the horrors of it all...

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

His ties to China run almost as deep as his ties to Russia.

Do you think deeper than Biden?

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Now you and others can rejoice in the era of leftism!

No more worries about Constitutionalists, republicans or even libertarians.

No sir!

Now we can look forward to endless years of the glorious People's Republic of America!

We get too look forward to more wars, higher taxes, open borders, fewer of those pesky freedoms, and a kinder. . . . more gentle despotism!

Congratulations!

*doffs hat*

You won!

No, they have just gotten rid of President Do-Nee, great friend of Xi.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join