It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone altered their location, lifestyle, due to believing in John Titor?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I've just discovered John Titor, I know he has been around awhile. anyway after looking at some of his predictions and seeing that he is getting a lot right, I was just wondering if anyone has changed their location, or taken steps to get ready for the impending war? Also having only studied a few things about his predictions so far was wondering what your advice (someone who has studied more on his predictions and his advice for the future to survive) would be to someone who has not. I do have one thing on my side I live out in the boonies far from a major city currently but unfortunately I live only about 350 miles from the capitol. although to tell you the truth if this guy is for real it sounds like most of us are toast anyway.

[edit on 19-3-2005 by goose]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
No I havent read any John Titor but have done the change from my own ideas. I am still not in the place I would like to be but I am away from the major cities, centres of politics and industry now.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
John Titor missed a 9.2 quake that killed 275,000 people. I don't think he is anything but a nut.

Roper

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

1 Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.
2 Do not kiss or have intimate relations with anyone you do not know.
3 Learn basic sanitation and water purification.
4 Be comfortable around firearms. Learn to shoot and clean a gun.
5 Get a good first aid kit and learn to use it.
6 Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them.
7 Get a copy of the US Constitution and read it.
8 Eat less.
9 Get a bicycle and two sets of spare tires. Ride it 10 miles a week.
10 Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in 10 min. and never return.
- John Titor

I think its just good general information.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Titor clearly stated he would not reveal natural disasters and major terroists attacks

Titor so far is right on in my book!..

I wanna move to a deserted island to escape what is to happen....but untill then my eyes are wide open

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

1 Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.
2 Do not kiss or have intimate relations with anyone you do not know.
3 Learn basic sanitation and water purification.
4 Be comfortable around firearms. Learn to shoot and clean a gun.
5 Get a good first aid kit and learn to use it.
6 Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them.
7 Get a copy of the US Constitution and read it.
8 Eat less.
9 Get a bicycle and two sets of spare tires. Ride it 10 miles a week.
10 Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in 10 min. and never return.
- John Titor

I think its just good general information.

The 10 items you listed makes good sense to me Simulacra. Number 7 caught my eye. I just wish our Senators and Congressmen had to take a constitutional test before being sworn in to protect the Constitution. It appears some of them don't have a clue what it is about.

Anyway, ATS has a good archive about Titor:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The links go on and on.

Chief

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm in albany NY. NYC is about 250-300 miles away. Even a 100megaton bomb shouldn't bring any damage here.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think 300 miles is more than enough distance away from a major city.. But then again, in this situation i dont think its possible to be TOO far from a city. lol. What do ya'll think... Out of all the major cities in the United States, do you think San Antonio would be a target? Or do ya'll think it is too much of a major city to NOT blow up. lol. Is 40 miles far enough from it for safety?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Not to freak anyone out (this subject can have major repercussions on your psyche, so be careful...) but if you want to find out if your are in a nuclear strike area, you may wish to consult FEMA document FEMA196 titled, "Risks and Hazards: A State by State Guide". It's been 'retired' but still shows where the major military targets were circa 1991. You can download a scanned copy from here:

www.survivalring.org...

...Scan down the list and you'll find it.

I believe nuclear war will happen in my lifetime, so I do live outside the major blast zones but not far enough to my liking. I will change that in the next year or so. It's not easy to leave the cities when you have friends/family there. Even if you leave, you'll probably still become a statistic due to fallout, ancillary damage, etc, but why not make the attempt? In fact, if you plan early and wisely enough, you could be the one to whom your loved-ones will flee if the worst happens. I mean, somebody's got to be the person to create a place they can run to, right? You can read a thread I started regarding the media blackout of the subject here:

Media Blackout Regarding Nuclear War?

...As for John Titor, I believe he was a jerk trying to pass a clever story off as true. Still, his suggestions have merit. There is a book called "Pulling Through" by Dean Ing which describes a nuclear war and its theoretical aftermath. Much of Titor's suggestions could be drawn from what is known about nuclear war survival. I have a thread here which is maybe a bit harsh, but I am offended by Titor's suggestion that nuclear first strike from Russia is the world's only hope.

Proposal: The John Titor Hater's Club

...You may also wish to read Ike Jeanes' excellent book "Forecast and Solution" which is a full introduction to the statistical analysis of failure in complex interrelated systems like nuke-war under the MAD/Deterrence Theory. If you are preparing for nuke-war to happen within 20 years, you are on the side of statistical math. Probability and statistics don't hold much water for some folks, though. Ignorance is bliss.

[edit on 19-3-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If a person wants to really find out what is going to happen in the not so distant future to the planet Earth, consult your Bible. Yes, the world leaders of today will usher in the nuclear age, and yes there will be much desolation on the Earth. One third of the population will perish. I take the Bible seriously. I am trying to live my life according to the will of GOD. Everything that Titor has said or suggested about relocating or becoming prepared is all prescribed in the Bible. There is an inevitable fate that will face this world. Our generation does have a date with destiny. We ought not to prepare ourselves by moving or anything in that area, but instead prepare ourselves by doing God's will, following His Commandments, being like Him while on Earth. For whosoever overcomes this terrible time will be blessed in His eyes. Titor is a false prophet, follow the Bible.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

dominic77 said: We ought not to prepare ourselves by moving or anything in that area, but instead prepare ourselves by doing God's will, following His Commandments, being like Him while on Earth.

Are you saying God doesn't want you to survive? I mean humanity has had more than a millennium to apply Christ's words (which are the truly inspired message of the bible, IMO) but they have not done so. Didn't Christ say he'd return to "tread the winepress of God's anger"? I'm not saying anything about Christ or prophecy, but encouraging people to remain in the cities is dangerous. Nuke war will happen on a long enough timeline. Of that you can be certain.

I do not believe John's Revelation as in the bible is the literal word of God but it could have been divinely inspired in some respects. Isn't there a "great crowd" that's supposed to survive that revelation? Perhaps that great crowd could be the ones who prepare.

Plenty of time to sit and pray once the flames have died down, says I.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It is not for us to worry about the calamities to come. Of course Jesus wants us to survive, but by His plan. If we call on His name and remember Him first, then He will hide us from the calamities that are coming. I am not saying stay in the cities either, but Christ will give the message when to flee. After the abomination of desolation occurs by the antichrist, that is when we are to move and He will hide us. Remeber this, where ever you move to, the nukes of today are 225,000,000 times more powerful than the bombs that fell on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Ironic we will be destroyed almost into oblivion on something that we started. Believe in Revelation. Read it and study it, it is the blueprint for the future.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Believe in Revelation. Read it and study it, it is the blueprint for the future.

No offense, but it's a pretty poorly drawn blueprint. More like a crayola drawing with glitter glued on it.

So I'm supposed to wait for Christ to tell me when to leave the cities en masse with all the other folks? That's sounds a little silly to me. Do you think we'll all be guided by a pillar of fire or something? Do you see all the American Christian churches as uniting at that moment or will the Christians have to rebuke their churches? I am speaking of the major denom's of course (Catholic, Baptist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Mormon, etc). I am curious to have you describe your theory in detail.

My God has 'told' me that rebirth/reincarnation is real and I have lived and died multiple times prior to this life. That releases me from fear of pain/death which is a very powerful motivator for one-life'rs like most Christians are today. Fear can make you do dumb things. As for my obligation to my God, the primary obligation would be, "Don't be an idiot". He's very specific with me about that one. :^)

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
As I understand it Titor started talking about the loss of freedom in America and the war on freedom as early as Jan. 2001, long before 911 when the major changes like the Patriot Act fell into place. Long before we declared war on Afghanistan and Iraq. All of what he said about the 5100 IBM computer a little known fact has been proven true, of course he could have known this anyway but more and more things are happening that leads me to believe he might be for real, while it is hard for me to believe in time travel I do know Einstein's theory of relativity, has proven it is within the realm of possibility. So that makes it just a bit more believable. Anyone got any survival links for such a catastrophe, like bomb shelters, etc.. I am a child of the 60's so I am one of those taught to roll under my school desk and cover my head, what a joke, in case of a nuclear attack, but I do recall being given a set of bomb shelter plans to take home for my parents to look at. The main thing I recall is my Dad talking about the air filtration system, he seemed intriqued by that. He never built it but we went out and found the perfect spot for it and I recall him and my Mom arguing about whether they should build one, my Mom won out and we did not build one.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Given the number of times that Titor's material has been shown to be a complete hoax... and the ease with which his source story (a published scifi book that he swiped the plot from) was located, and the absolutly ludicrous pseudo-science that's easily debunked by anyone with a good high school education -- I hope that nobody was silly enough to believe that stuff.

And actually, he mangled a decent plot pretty badly by putting in some of his lamer concepts.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Given the number of times that Titor's material has been shown to be a complete hoax... and the ease with which his source story (a published scifi book that he swiped the plot from) was located, and the absolutly ludicrous pseudo-science that's easily debunked by anyone with a good high school education -- I hope that nobody was silly enough to believe that stuff.

And actually, he mangled a decent plot pretty badly by putting in some of his lamer concepts.

Was that book by any chance, "Alas Babylon" ??
A book about life in Florida after atomic war.....

Though what he writes is interesting, I just think he is just some guy with way too much time on his hands and a desperate need for attention.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

in other words "you lot are silly if you believe titor, because i dont"

i dont believe titor's story, but i think his message is a fairly accurate warning or prediction of things to come.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I don't know for sure if Titor is for real but he sure has been right about living in a police state, more and more laws are being passed to take away our rights in the name of fighting terrorism since 9/11. Titor predicted this in 1/01, 8 months before it started to happen. He predicted that our rights and freedoms would slowly disappear and they have; more and more laws are being passed to give the police and government agencies more power.
People are being taken off the streets and locked away without any access to an attorney and most of the time their families are not even notified of where they are. Whether he is a time traveler or not or just a good guesser this is all happening and he predicted it 8 months beffore it started.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
why are u people all worried about the end of the world and nuclear war and such? the world has always been on the verge of destruction acording to some people. if it is comeing to an end y not stop doin these usless preperations and live a bit, stop sulking in a room on your computers and get out and live a bit

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
John Titor missed a 9.2 quake that killed 275,000 people. I don't think he is anything but a nut.
Roper

It is ironic to read this post now, isn't it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join