It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Doctors Remove Terry Schiavo's Feeding Tube

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
shots did you see the video of her on TV? It looked like she was aware, and happy at that moment. Not coherent or anything(you could not understand her no capacity to speak) but she looked aware.

You mean the one her parents made up? Yes I have seen that. Also the version of that video according to the husband lawyer said the parents staged the video and showed only the parts they wanted so no one got a real picture of what took place.

It was also mentined that she had done the very same thing according to the hospice staff when no one is around.

You guys can rant and rave all you want. Look at it this way.

What if she had a living will that stated she did not want to be kept alive?

Here is a hint assisted suicide is illegal everyware but Utah at present in the US, therefore all they could have done then is the very same as they have done now; remove the feeding tube. End of story.

Get my point she would still die the very same way she is now. I agree it is tragic, but there is nothing other then giving her what they can legally if and when she shows signs of pain.

Some have cried out they are treating her like an animal Duh are people that ignorant they cannot understand this would have happened all along?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Right. It will be the first thing Bush ever did i can agree with.

I'm not politisizing this. I started a thread on this and RANT promptly told me off, in so many words...Thats ok though, he's a mod.

I guess its ok for some people to state their opinions in the nastiest way.

[edit on 19-3-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
No one will stop an innocent Oklahoma man who is sane, conscious, and has a family from being executed,

BUT congress will enact last minute legislation to stop the removal of a feeding tube to a human vegetable.

Human vegetables, who soak up medical expenses, take note, you will want to keep our current government intact.

Sane, conscious, productive family people, I think it is time for a revolution.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What are you talking about slank? Who in Oklahoma has been deprived of life without due process of law?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
djohnsto77,

If the erroneous results of an extremely flawed and blindly ignorant process are acceptable to you, you are more easily satisfied than me.

www.atsnn.com...

some of the reasons behind flawed conviction

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
That is a troublesome case, still he got much more protection than Terri, who has had no legal council or due process and isn't even accused of committing a crime.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
where does it all end as soon as she goes it could lead to youthenasia

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Am i the only one concerned about the fact that this case could set a precedence for Congress to intervene in future lawsuits?

It seems alarming that the legislative powers-to-be are openly interfering in the judicial process.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
Am i the only one concerned about the fact that this case could set a precedence for Congress to intervene in future lawsuits?

It seems alarming that the legislative powers-to-be are openly interfering in the judicial process.

Actually instead of worrying about precedence think about a woman dying of hunger and thirst.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Not exactly rapier. The U.S. Constitution specifically bans bills of attainder. What the Congress is doing is asserting new rights to the disabled to have their case heard in Federal Court.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Not exactly rapier. The U.S. Constitution specifically bans bills of attainder. What the Congress is doing is asserting new rights to the disabled to have their case heard in Federal Court.

I was referring to the 11th hour summons, a legal manuvre to stop the removal of the tube.

I've seen pictures of her on TV here in Australia, she doesn't seem responsive to me. But i guess the question is;

"Would you want to live like that?"

and frankly, i don't know

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
he got protection?

The man was legally raped by politics and a obscenely screwed up legal system.

Excuse me, OJ and Robert Blake have both walked and gotten away with murder.

You know with protection like that the average competent working person should have no reason to support the government systems in the US.

The proprieties of government are just a black comedy farce.

The only reason they are concerned with this human vegetable is because it gives them either warm fuzzy, "I am so big and strong and protecting this person/thing that is so helpless" or just cynically making political hay. If you are talking about a child that will likely become a contributing member of society it would be one thing. This poor woman is a vegetable. Other than as a politcal/social icon/chip she is essentially just a dead end. She is also pointlessly soaking up medical dollars in a system that is already short of resources.

I guess when politics and religion step in, common sense and decency step out the door.

Ends justify the means? = race to termination

Means justify the outcome? = excuse for mistakes

I guess if the legal system does its sacred tap dance it is ok to kill innocent people without even a trace of guilt or consequence.

BTW the state will not be killing this woman. She will die because she is no longer being artificially supported.

If that isn't God's choice not to intervene, who are we to argue?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
disregard

[edit on 19-3-2005 by Journey]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris

Actually instead of worrying about precedence think about a woman dying of hunger and thirst.

Let me just say, this trend is disturbing. Forget the issues, focus on the shiny bobble.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
In fact I believe that every person who feels that terry should be saved should sign a petition and send it to the President. How about that ATS? How about some real action to the wrongs in the world. and yes all those that feel that terry should die by starvation you can add your signature to another petition!!!

Or people can sign my petition against the falsely fanatical framing of debates, including the rider addendum against public petitions in general on personal matters governed by existing law.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I think the real problem is what's going on while the American people are distracted by this sort of news. Look at the facts.

There was a random white girl abduction recently, never a good sign.

There is a right to life and abortion furor building, doubly bad sign.

If the press points left, look right. Trust me, there's something going on, and it's being hidden from us, obfuscated from sight by these sort of fireworks.

Domestic problems, have a war.
"The Gulf War Distraction. It was so pretty, and it took our mind off domestic issues." - Bill Hicks

Foreign problems, have a random white girl abduction make headlines.
(about 2100 American children go missing every day people, did you ever stop and wonder why we see the news we do?)

That combined with the Michael Jackson fiasco, Terri Schiavo (why the hell do we even know her name?! Ask yourself that?!) and the ANWR nonsense, SOMETHING is going on that they don't want us to know about.

I think it might be the coup in Syria, or it might be the wrestling match between OPEC and the west, or it might be the redeployment of carriers to the gulf, or it might be the unprecedented seismic activity we've been seeing along with unusual weather patterns, I don't know.

What I do know is we should be concerned about big issues, national and world events, not some random woman who's on death's door.

If we are going to be concerned about this case, we should be identifying the impact it's going to have on America at large, and lemme tell ya', based on what evidence I've seen so far, the impact is going to be bad, all bad.

But keep 'caring' about her, keep sending her prayers and writing your congressional rep's on her behalf. Meanwhile a guy got stabbed two blocks away from you and you couldn't care less. Meanwhile gunfire lights up the night on the South Side and makes certain neighborhoods impassable for police, but you couldn't care less. Meanwhile your beloved politicians are greasing up for the final penetration....

and you couldn't care less.

This country deserves whatever it gets. It seems 80% of us are as easily distracted by shiny objects as the average golden retriever.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

After all the times the judicial process has interferred with the legislative powers (blatantly ignoring legislation to set precedence against it) when it IS suppossed to be the other way around? Personally I find this a refreshing turn that the legislation is beefing up a basic right. The right of life granted to all individuals along with liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

This whole mess has stemmed from the fact that one person (the estranged spouse) claims it's what she wants. Wihout a legal document signed by her stating this to be the case, the question should not even be entertained in the courts. As for the suppossed interest of what is obviously no longer her spouse except on paper, it is absolutely mind boggling to me that his interest has not been removed from the case solely for reasons of abandonment, which is clearly the present case, and no one can argue that since he is years into another relationship with children since the incident.

This case is a far cry from pulling the plug in most cases where the issue is raised. She is awake, she breathes on her own and she interacts at some level. The only thing she cannot do to sustain life is eat. Yes, she requires constant care, but there are plenty of people in nursing homes and under constant care who even though they don't require a feeding tube would die if not fed with assistance. We don't let people die because they do not feed themselves.

If the only issue as to whether ot not a person continues to live is whether or not they starve to death, plain and simple this is wrong and barbaric, especially in a case where no one can know if she is aware enough of what is going on around her enough to know and feel the consequences. I just do not understand how we would not as a rule of thumb err on the side of caution under these circumstances.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by dgtempe
www.rense.com...

What did the nurses and doctors there have to say?

The security guard heard Terri yell 'I Want' from outside the room.
He ran in. The security guard is impartial.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Human vegetables, who soak up medical expenses, take note, you will want to keep our current government intact.
Sane, conscious, productive family people, I think it is time for a revolution.

So .. anyone who isn't productive and contributing to the monitary
aspects of society should be executed? Anyone who is on welfare,
state aid, or food stamps should be executed? Anyone going to
get mental health help (not 'sane') should be executed? Anyone
who gets help from the government to pay medical bills should
be executed?????????

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
In the real world she would have died long long ago of natural causes.

So what? Without modern medicine -

- all cancer patients would have died of natural causes.
- all diabetics would have died of natural causes.
- many women would die in childbirth of natural causes.
- many children being born would have died of natural causes.
- etc. etc. etc.

So what is your point? Don't help people with modern medicine?

The problem here is that Terri ISN'T getting modern medicine. She
was allowed the feeding tube, but then her husband denied her
CAT scans and MRIs which would have helped find out the problem
in the brain. She has been denied dental health. She has been
denied physical therapy. She has been denied speech therapy.
Heck ... she has been denied fresh air. Her 'husband' won't let
her out of the hospital room. She hasn't seen the blue sky in over
three years. My God .... he's a sicko.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join