It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dixon Relic FOUND!!!! Claims age boyond accepted construction of the GP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The article contains a link to more information about the Dixon Relics for a little backstory.

BUT interesting find. I know this is a bit of a flashpoint subject on here. So hopefully we can all soak this information in with a open eye and not fall along the normal battle lines?

I mean----fantastic find. Makes you wonder what these museums have collecting dust in dank corners

www.ancient-origins.net...

I know this site is closing and this forum here is what brought me and and kept me back. Lets blow this out in style!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

I think by now we know that that the Egyptian narrative is a great big pile of fake history. Our ancestory is kept hidden from us.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I cant wait to hear when Hawass says about how they are fake and not really from the Pyramid

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Hard to say either way really.

As I've said in other posts...as much as I want to believe in a Ancient Civilization close to, if not better than ours, where is all the rubbish?

I mean archaeologists live for midden heaps.

They would be somewhere. There would be something left of infrastructure. Soil disturbances and the like.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I cant wait to hear when Hawass says about how they are fake and not really from the Pyramid

Is he still on the deepstate pay list..

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I found a cigarette butt in Norte Dame once. So I guess it was built a maximum of 2 years prior.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Is that what caused their fire ?

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The C-14 dating of the pyramids and the old kingdom monuments are based on two series of dating that were done in 1984 and 1995

The recently (re)found sample will be added to the existing dates plus any that might have been done since then. I believe that comes in with a average that is century or two later than the chronology but that is not abnormal as C-14 dates have to be adjusted with tree ring reading but unfortunately this doesn't yet exist for Egypt but does for other sites.

However, this date is - another - kick in the pants for the 10,500 BC crowd.

This is too the 1995 paper my link to the 84 one is broken at the moment

journals.uair.arizona.edu...

The results for Khufu pyramid is on page 1315 - calibrated

Here is the raw data

The old kingdom results

The dates are off because unlike other areas where wood is more common they have calibrated the C-14 dates with tree rings - they cannot do that in Egypt due to a lack of evidence and most of the wood used in construction of the pyramids came from Lebanon.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

The dates are off because unlike other areas where wood is more common they have calibrated the C-14 dates with tree rings - they cannot do that in Egypt due to a lack of evidence and most of the wood used in construction of the pyramids came from Lebanon.

The dates are off because they can't match the tree rings because they are from another country even though they know where the wood came from?

That is like saying I can't match tree rings because it was cut down in a diffeerent state than the board I am trying to match is in now even though I know where it came from. That is a very weak excuse.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I know it's fashionable to attack the guy, but let me tell you about a run in I had with Dr Hawass when I was in Egypt a few decades ago. I was walking with a group of tourists in The Valley of the Kings, and we stopped to watch a group of people at an excavation site. One of the supervisory officials started asking us questions about what we thought about the tour. He took some questions about Ancient Egypt as well. I asked him about the age of the tombs verses the amount of time that the Nile Valley was occupied. He said that with the hundreds of years that we know about, we still have thousands of years that we we may never know of. He went on about how even the ages of the pyramids are still reveling their secrets and that everyday something new is discovered that re-addresses the facts that we knew the day before.

That was the Dr. Hawass that I met. Years later a friend of mine was taking an archeology course that allowed him to go to Egypt, and he had to work with Dr. Hawass. His experience with him was about the same as what I had experienced that day.

Since that day I have come to understand that at the time King Tut was buried, people had lived in the Nile Valley for 5 thousand years. Think about that for a minute, an hour, or even give it a day to set in. American has only been a thing for the less then 300 years, and what you think of as Europe has been there for a little over a thousand years, but Egypt was an ancient land that people live in for longer then even the Church has been around. So a report stating that an object was found that predates the pyramids, is like so what, they should be finding tons of those artifacts.

As for Dr Hawass, well if the finding is a real piece and it can be tested, then he won't dispute it. He seems to only dispute "facts" that have little to no basis to support them. If you ever get a chance to meet Dr Hawass ask him what he thinks about the ancient Hebrews and the ancient Egyptians worshipping the same gods. You will be surprised at how he answers that question.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

The dates are off because they can't match the tree rings because they are from another country even though they know where the wood came from?

Nope they cannot verify and calibrate the Egyptian dates because there isn't sufficient ancient wood in Egypt to create a database - part of that reason is the wood was brought in from Lebanon.

That is like saying I can't match tree rings because it was cut down in a diffeerent state than the board I am trying to match is in now even though I know where it came from. That is a very weak excuse.

'Excuse''?

Please explain to me how you think you calibrate C-14 dates by creating a timeline of tree ring dates? How do you do if there is insufficient example of wood and most of the wood you want to date comes from another country that doesn't care to do that study?

Please explain?

Here's a link to explain the basics to you: www.radiocarbon.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

I know it's fashionable to attack the guy, but let me tell you about a run in I had with Dr Hawass when I was in Egypt a few decades ago. I was walking with a group of tourists in The Valley of the Kings, and we stopped to watch a group of people at an excavation site. One of the supervisory officials started asking us questions about what we thought about the tour. He took some questions about Ancient Egypt as well. I asked him about the age of the tombs verses the amount of time that the Nile Valley was occupied. He said that with the hundreds of years that we know about, we still have thousands of years that we we may never know of. He went on about how even the ages of the pyramids are still reveling their secrets and that everyday something new is discovered that re-addresses the facts that we knew the day before.

That was the Dr. Hawass that I met. Years later a friend of mine was taking an archeology course that allowed him to go to Egypt, and he had to work with Dr. Hawass. His experience with him was about the same as what I had experienced that day.

Since that day I have come to understand that at the time King Tut was buried, people had lived in the Nile Valley for 5 thousand years. Think about that for a minute, an hour, or even give it a day to set in. American has only been a thing for the less then 300 years, and what you think of as Europe has been there for a little over a thousand years, but Egypt was an ancient land that people live in for longer then even the Church has been around. So a report stating that an object was found that predates the pyramids, is like so what, they should be finding tons of those artifacts.

As for Dr Hawass, well if the finding is a real piece and it can be tested, then he won't dispute it. He seems to only dispute "facts" that have little to no basis to support them. If you ever get a chance to meet Dr Hawass ask him what he thinks about the ancient Hebrews and the ancient Egyptians worshipping the same gods. You will be surprised at how he answers that question.

I met him in 1983 at a conference on AE pottery in Cyprus. I don't remember what we spoke about. About ten years ago a colleague sent me a photograph to let me know he had been there (he was nobody then) and I was less than a nobody - graduate student and semi-professional shovel bum.

Oh, there have organized cultures in the Nile valley for 100,000 years , tent rings found at the Arkin 8 site in Wadi
Halfa

There were several groups the Wadi Halfa, Aterian, Khormusan and the later Halfan and Kubbaniyan cultures. Things got interesting around 13,000 years ago when the Sebilian culture started who were proto-farmers.

etc

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

It is very simple. You match the tree rings from the wood in Egypt to the tree ring record in Lebanon where the wood came from. That is how you calibrate the carbon dating. After the tree is cut, there is no change to the tree rings or additional carbon added no mater where you carry the wood. The carbon dating for the wood in Lebanon will be the same as for any wood from Lebanon.

So, no one in Lebanon wants to learn about their own history?

edit on 12 18 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Maybe you should do some research about what a country like Lebanon looks like from a stability sense. It might be easy to assume they can afford to set aside the time, efforts, and capital to help with something like this....but apparently things there are a little bit different.

Egypt is busy helping Lebanon with critical infrastructure items. Things a stable country doesn't require.

Questioning things is fine...but just assuming something because you can't imagine yourself is kinda silly

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It is very simple. You match the tree rings from the wood in Egypt to the tree ring record in Lebanon where the wood came from. That is how you calibrate the carbon dating. After the tree is cut, there is no change to the tree rings or additional carbon added no mater where you carry the wood. The carbon dating for the wood in Lebanon will be the same as for any wood from Lebanon.

There is no tree ring data based on Cedrus Libani (Lebanese Cedar) which mainly grows in Turkey. If there is one I've never found it. Additionally to be effective you need samples of ancient wood. The soil in Lebanon tends to be acidic and poor for wood and organic material survival

The Political system in Lebanon has been - to say the least - chaotic - since independence from the Ottomans & French.

A check shows that scientists working on this are Jean Stephen and Ramzi Touchan at Lebanese University but that was some years back.

Bryant Bannister Tree-Ring Building, 1215 E. Lowell Street, Tucson, AZ 85721-0045, USA [email protected] is coordinating a study on this at the University of Arizona's College of Science. Ask them.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Maybe you should do some research about what a country like Lebanon looks like from a stability sense. It might be easy to assume they can afford to set aside the time, efforts, and capital to help with something like this....but apparently things there are a little bit different.

Egypt is busy helping Lebanon with critical infrastructure items. Things a stable country doesn't require.

Questioning things is fine...but just assuming something because you can't imagine yourself is kinda silly

Looks like one US University might be working on this. There is a world wide effort to get tree ring data in most countries but in the poor - politically unstable ones - where oddly the best archaeology is - can be difficult.

I worked in the Middle-East for many years and got to all the countries but Iraq (curse you Saddam) and Yemen working in them either in archaeology, military training or education and it was always....er, ah 'challenging'.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Takes quite an eye to spot tree rings in a tiny chunk of charcoal.

Harte

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Even when I was in high school and studied king tut etc, the timelines just didn’t make sense. I think the pyramids where built on top of a much older site and they repurposed the Spink. I think based upon everything I have seen is that the spink was part of a pair of Anubis statues that set at the inner entrance of a Harbour, which obviously would be when the Sahara was tropical and wet. This is very very common to put a new structure right across top of another. Jamestown was built right on an abandoned Indian village etc.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jackfish28

Even when I was in high school and studied king tut etc, the timelines just didn’t make sense.

To you perhaps but the they don't need to make sense to you. They are based on the evidence we currently have.

[quote I think the pyramids where built on top of a much older site and they repurposed the Spink.

It was a much older site there are 1st Dynasty tombs there from around 500 years before Dynasty IV (Khufu)

Now they may have built over existing structures but currently we have no evidence for that but the AE did have a history of repurposing structure however we've never found any evidence of large building construction prior to their time and no earlier civilizations. So who exactly?

I think based upon everything I have seen is that the spink was part of a pair of Anubis statues that set at the inner entrance of a Harbour, which obviously would be when the Sahara was tropical and wet. This is very very common to put a new structure right across top of another. Jamestown was built right on an abandoned Indian village etc.

There was a river port there and I believe Merer's diary mentions it.

This artists concept image gives an idea what it might have looked like. No twin Sphinx has been found on the other side of the Nile

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Thank you for the post!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join