It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zep Tepi: The First Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Ancient Egyptian texts speak of Zep Tepi, the "first time." By looking at the arrangements of the stars compared with the pyramids and Sphinx, they line up around 10,500 BC.

There is evidence that fragments of a massive comit struck the earth around this time, probably in the polar cap then covering North America, creating enormously powerful flooding.

The great flood of the Bible and memorialized in the myths of other cultures around the earth?

Did survivors of this cataclysm from advanced civilizations come to egypt and set up a new civilization?

What was Zep Tepi?

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Check out these books by Hilton Hotema.

I think you'll be impressed.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Thank you for the recommendation.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise

Ancient Egyptian texts speak of Zep Tepi, the "first time." By looking at the arrangements of the stars compared with the pyramids and Sphinx, they line up around 10,500 BC.

Some people think that but the archaeological evidence refutes it. The myth is that the world had arisen out of the lifeless waters of chaos, called Nu. A pyramid-shaped mound, called the benben, which was the first thing to emerge from the waters.

There is evidence that fragments of a massive comit struck the earth around this time, probably in the polar cap then covering North America, creating enormously powerful flooding.

There may have been a strike but the evidence has not been confirmed additionally there is no sign of massive flooding world wide, there is regional flooding from other sources and there is a vast amount of data for sea rise spread out of thousands of years

The great flood of the Bible and memorialized in the myths of other cultures around the earth?

Nope no world wide Biblical flood that killed almost everybody.

Did survivors of this cataclysm from advanced civilizations come to egypt and set up a new civilization?

What was Zep Tepi?

Nope, the evidence doesn't support the 'Atlantis myth'.

ZT was a myth of how the AE saw the world being created just like Genesis, Qur'an 7:54, The Hindu Brahma myth, etc. etc. ...They were making up stuff to try and explain the world around them because they hadn't invented science yet.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

What was Zep Tepi?

I suggest you try to find other ancient sources about Zep Tepi. IIRC, the concept was limited to a particular region and the texts you mention come from the New Kingdom, possibly even the Ptolemaic era, can't remember right now.

Harte

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
While I disagree with some of his conclusions, Graham Hancock writes extensively about ancient civilizations, and in particular believes an advanced civilization existed at roughly that same time period. I haven't read all of his books (just a few) but I think "Fingerprints of the Gods" was the one that talked the most about his theories on that time period.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DragonsDemesne
While I disagree with some of his conclusions, Graham Hancock writes extensively about ancient civilizations, and in particular believes an advanced civilization existed at roughly that same time period. I haven't read all of his books (just a few) but I think "Fingerprints of the Gods" was the one that talked the most about his theories on that time period.

Fingerprints of the Gods says lots of things most of them rather silly and unscientific. Graham writes well but his imagination is not supported by the evidence.

He suggested that a major pole shift occurred around 10,450 BC. He thinks a pole shift actually moved Antarctica from a more northern location to its present location.

Data indicates that the geographical poles have not deviated by more than about 5° over the last 130 million years, contradicting the hypothesis of a cataclysmic polar wander event. The Magnetic poles DO move and Graham seems to have confused the two.....

en.wikipedia.org...

He makes up a new date for the building of Tiwanaku. That whole travesty is covered here at this site:

badarchaeology.wordpress.com...

If you liked that book you should read his later revision of it: Fingerprints of the Gods: The Quest Continues were he tries to clear up some of the mistakes he made - by making up more stuff.

In his last book he place the 'Lost Civilization" in North America having abandoned the Antarctica some books earlier. (I forget which)
edit on 5/1/21 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

He makes up a new date for the building of Tiwanaku. That whole travesty is covered here at this site:

There's also a shorter discussion of Hancock and Tiwanaku here.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hooke

There's also a shorter discussion of Hancock and Tiwanaku here.

Yeah that's a good one too! Hall of Ma'at recently reset their software and my link to that one was broken

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Some people think that but the archaeological evidence refutes it. The myth is that the world had arisen out of the lifeless waters of chaos, called Nu. A pyramid-shaped mound, called the benben, which was the first thing to emerge from the waters.

There may have been a strike but the evidence has not been confirmed additionally there is no sign of massive flooding world wide, there is regional flooding from other sources and there is a vast amount of data for sea rise spread out of thousands of years

Nope no world wide Biblical flood that killed almost everybody.

There is tons of evidence of a massive cold snap, though. And if you lived in the Black Sea region when it started to fill up, then that flooding would appear like the whole world to you.

(A primitive person would not be able to travel far enough to become aware that the flood was only happening in their own region.)

The Egyptians were one of the first to start writing down ancient stories and myths, so they probably culturally appropriated the story.

new topics

top topics

join