It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toilet Paper....Run? again?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
So, who else is noticing a new run on that golden commodity toilet paper? What states are showing the panic again? Oh, also something new, a run on eggs. why don’t know.
I will start: Tennessee

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yes, im in Tennessee and it started last week around here.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

Just gonna take a lesson from my dogs and scoot on the carpet.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
So, who else is noticing a new run on that golden commodity toilet paper? What states are showing the panic again? Oh, also something new, a run on eggs. why don’t know.

Montana here.

So we have a run on ammunition, although it is hunting season here.

Plenty of everything else available except Blue Moon beer, for some reason.

OH!

And because our county almost doubled its size in population with the amount of people from Texas, Oregon and California trying to live here over the winter in RVs and campers, we have completely run out of electrical cords, plumbing fixtures, anything to skirt a trailer with, generators, etc.

We that actually live here are waiting in gleeful anticipation of our first week of 20 below temperatures.

There will be such a mass exodus here in the spring that U-Haul will pay people to bring their products from other states.

Again.

edit on 19-11-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

LOL

I would hope not a single person here would need to buy toilet paper as everyone here damn well knew in advance that this was coming.

I am good for the next 2 years or so.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Oh yeah, Costco’s in Phoenix are rationing TP, water and sanitizers again.

I understand the water, possibly the sanitizers. But holy sh!t! Did people eat so much in the lockdowns they needed as much TP as they already bought?!?

This isn’t the irritable bowel flu people!

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA

Montana here.

So we have a run on ammunition, although it is hunting season here.

Plenty of everything else available except Blue Moon beer, for some reason.

OH!

And because our county almost doubled its size in population with the amount of people from Texas, Oregon and California trying to live here over the winter in RVs and campers, we have completely run out of electrical cords, plumbing fixtures, anything to skirt a trailer with, generators, etc.

We that actually live here are waiting in gleeful anticipation of our first week of 20 below temperatures.

There will be such a mass exodus here in the spring that U-Haul will pay people to bring their products from other states.

Again.

Wow, you got a run on ammo. We only have one ammo store locally and they don't have much of anything to run on. On top of unavailable, you have high prices if they do have any. The ammo stores are not making much money on ammo if they can't get ammo to sell.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just bought a twelve pack of toilet paper at the grocery store today, we had no shortage of types there, but only one brand that was ok for septic tanks...which is a problem many people in the woods have here. That brought us up to seventy two rolls of toilet paper again. we buy a twelve pack when we use a twelve pack until things get to risky to go to the store because of the virus spreading around here. I really do not want to get this virus and have to go out and plow in the winter, or sit on the tractor with the eighty inch snowblower on the black and be froze solid when I get done.

So, in a few weeks we will not be going out very often.

People who have stock are not hoarders most times, in fact their buying in times of ample supply means they do not have to be buying when supplies get low. So people will have availability when there is a shortage at the store since half of the people already have enough. We were buying things every week to stock over the summer when there was plenty, now we do not need much for the whole winter, meaning others will be able to buy more if they need to, those who ignored the governments and their relatives telling them to stock up should not be blaming the shortages on people who are not there buying. Blame it on other idiots like themselves who did not stock up with essential things when there was no shortage.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Seeing a few shortages of toilet paper here in Charlotte, NC. Which was expected, bidet life!

The one thing that I am seeing that is pretty much completely sold out everywhere, jarred alfredo sauce. I have no clue what on earth is up with that, but it's been months, it's the one thing that never recovered from the first run on goods.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Did the whole damned world eat Taco Bell?

If not then this is a serious issue...

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I love it!

I'm leaving Nevada soon. As much as I loved my desert, the mass exodus of Californians pretty much ruined the state as far as rights forever.

I'm going somewhere more central, private, not the least bit liberal, and verdant. Oh, and they have constitutional carry. I experienced that sublime exercise of my rights in Kansas when they passed their CC laws. Glorious.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
No shortages where I am at. We re-elected our governor, so I expect that even if Biden tries something funny, there will be pushback at his level at least, but locally, we may get screwed.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Paper towels are getting hit harder right now in the Metro Atlanta Area.

TP is scarce and the shelves are empty of PT.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Lumenari

I love it!

I'm leaving Nevada soon. As much as I loved my desert, the mass exodus of Californians pretty much ruined the state as far as rights forever.

I'm going somewhere more central, private, not the least bit liberal, and verdant. Oh, and they have constitutional carry. I experienced that sublime exercise of my rights in Kansas when they passed their CC laws. Glorious.

South Carolina would welcome you and fulfills your wants.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I'm not going to blame people. I'm going to simply say that this is another crisis created by government for their own ends.

I'm guessing it's #s and giggles because nothing else makes logical sense.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
Paper towels are getting hit harder right now in the Metro Atlanta Area.

TP is scarce and the shelves are empty of PT.

The Augusta Costco was limiting TP and had no paper towels this week. Plenty of everything else.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Bare shelves on the TP and paper towels this evening when I went to store before the tier change and lock down tomorrow. Since Summer most cleaning disinfectants have been empty or short supply... NO Lysol for months. Bleach but no concentrated or germicidal concentration bleach. Prices of most things jacked up if you do find them. I am a big user of Dettol... cant even order it now and if I do find it the price is absurdly high. I cant find Hexol. Been using more professional disinfectants and etc lately.

This is Illinois though.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

NO Lysol for months

I still haven't figured out who is getting it all.

It went away and never came back.

Maybe it's all going to hospitals and the like.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: Advantage

NO Lysol for months

I still haven't figured out who is getting it all.

It went away and never came back.

Maybe it's all going to hospitals and the like.

I really dont know for sure. Im sure some healthcare facilities use lysol and etc still, but most use more specialized products these days. We have an excess of OTC consumer level masks, hand sanitizers and gloves though at stores.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Haven't noticed a toilet paper shortage where I'm at in Tennessee. Or eggs. I was suffering from a shortage of patience the first go around, but now I just don't care.

Ammo is still short/hit or miss. There are a few places that bring in ammo, but you basically have to get at it within a day or two or you'll miss the opportunity.
edit on 20112020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join