It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENOUGH! Just Stop!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: DBCowboy
Not a fan of masks either, but isn't it just easier to do what we need to do to get rid of this damn bug?

Yeah, except, wearing masks won't do diddly squat about 'getting rid of this damn bug'.

In fact, you'd have just as much luck getting rid of the damn flu, or the damned cold, as with this bug.

Listen up Shirley - it is here to stay. Forever. Deal with it.

I'd like to get back to normal instead of living this "new normal"

So, elect sane rational leaders that will not try to commit sedition and treason against our Constitution.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: DBCowboy

You forgot about using Covid to steal an election...

They mainly used the voting software for that.

For the initial theft yes, but then they had to use the fake votes (from the mass mail-in scheme) to be able to back-fill the votes. This is what Sydney was talking about when the vote counting just stopped mysteriously on election night.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Masks help... They don't totally prevent it, but with the right precautions they do help a lot

No. They don't. You are falling for the propaganda.

IF you're wearing a mask and you talk to someone face to face that has it... you won't catch it,

This is blatantly false. The main argument for wearing one is to protect others from you. It does basically [pu]nothing for yourself - except concentrate your exposure if you are exposed.

I wish I could find it, but there was a study released a month or two ago that proved this. People who were adamant mask wearers were far more likely to 'catch it' (test positive) than those who didn't wear masks. It was a huge gap, something like 90+% to 3 or 4%...

Trust me... masks do help

Trust me... they don't

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
N95s are the only masks that do anything (but not much) to protect.
I rarely see those being worn.

To the OP...YES....it's a control mechanism.
Kinda like a burqa...or a Nazi Party arm band.

They win...we lose.

edit on 20-11-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 20-11-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

New developments mean that is no longer true (although we will have to wait for the roll out).

Scientists develop facemasks that can kill viruses on contact

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: IAMTAT

New developments mean that is no longer true (although we will have to wait for the roll out).

Scientists develop facemasks that can kill viruses on contact

Covidcidel Face Condoms...Awesome news.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Doesn't really matter whether you like them or not. The claim was that face masks don't stop the spread of the virus - i was pointing out that this is no longer true.

Not a fan of masks myself either but equally can't say they are uncomfortable or a particular infringement on my liberties. They do make smoking hard though.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Try wearing one to do cardio when you have exercise asthma.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
K im not here to argue with you people... IF you think Masks don't help, don't wear them

Its just coming from someone that has seen the difference... but im no one

Don't say i didn't warn you when you're missing a loved one due to this damn bug...

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Guess none of the experts on here have ever heard of viral load mitigation...

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Where are all the biohazard collection bags for the masks so they can be autoclaved before putting them in trash dumps?

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

K im not here to argue with you people... IF you think Masks don't help, don't wear them

Its just coming from someone that has seen the difference... but im no one

Don't say i didn't warn you when you're missing a loved one due to this damn bug...

Let the guilt shaming begin when the discussion ends.

Nice move.

Here's your trophy, now go home and lock yourself away with your mask on.

PS: And before you try guilting me, my wife WORKS WITH THIS BUG EVERY DAY in a hospital microbiology lab running the covid-19 tests. She wears full body (and properly fitted) PPE in a negative pressure BL2 room. That type of protection will help prevent you from getting it (so far over 8 months now at least).

Unless you are talking about that type of protection at home or in businesses, zip it.

edit on 11/20/2020 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I don't recall talking to you at all...

I work directly with said virus too... every day with people that have it... face to face

And i wasn't guilt tripping anyone... its your life... do what you will with it

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I don't recall talking to you at all...

I work directly with said virus too... every day with people that have it... face to face

And i wasn't guilt tripping anyone... its your life... do what you will with it

REally, you handle this bug every day.....KNOWING it is in your hand?

Right??!?!

I am sick of you preachy people with no real hands-on experience with this bug and what it takes to protect yourself from it at all. I worry for my wife every.....single....day.... She came home just today, wiped out and crying trying to keep up with this mad rush for testing being pushed. She did over 300 tests today, herself. And it happens every day on 3-shifts.

BTW: You posted publicly, so the public (me) is open to respond to you.

Another thing you need to accept....or zip it.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Yes... i handle this bug every day... knowing its in my hands and in my face... and we've had it for more then three months... so check yourself bud... I only posted about due to my personal concern for other peoples well being, not to argue with pricks with attitudes

why would you worry about your wife IF covid is so harmless, and masks don't work anyways?

And yes this is a public forum, and i already checked out of this discussion... Until buddy Mc attitude shows up

Im not scared of it for myself personally... i still go out in said lock down... i fear for others, people that i take care of... people that won't be able to handle getting covid... the person you don't realize caught it from you and spread it to their grandparents....

SO drop the snip...

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

.......Don't say i didn't warn you when you're missing a loved one due to this damn bug...

And you didn't say the guilt ridden verbal trash above ^^^^ ?

You said it.
You own it.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

yup... i said it, and i meant it

its not a guilt trip... its very serious

Don't believe me ask your wife to waltz into said testing facility without her ppe bud

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

yup... i said it, and i meant it

its not a guilt trip... its very serious

Don't believe me ask your wife to waltz into said testing facility without her ppe bud

You still don't get it do you????

Where did I say this was soooooo deadly for the average healthy person? Fact is, I didn't, you ASSUMED.

My point is that the media has people so whipped up into a fear filled frenzy with statements just like that. Guilting people into believing this bug is so bad, if they don't obey, they will kill their granny. Really???

Is it wildly contagious with an R-level higher than the flu? YES
Is it pernicious enough to have people shedding the virus before they know they have it? YES
Is a cloth mask going to prevent the spread? NO IT WONT

What should be the plan then? Protect the most vulnerable in our society by isolating them (including people like you having to stand-up to your boss about letting outsiders into your facility. If you don't you are complicit in those people's deaths too then by your own logic). This bug will spread, widely, we cannot stop it. We can mitigate it's effects though by protecting the most vulnerable among us while not killing our economy at the same time causing even more suffering and death as a result of that to people that would not be affected by this bug.

That's my point. People like you making claims of poorly fitted cloth mask usage actually providing protections is laughable.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

And who said anything about a cloth mask?

IF you happen to be one of the smart people wearing a cloth mask you might as well be walking around with a T-shirt wrapped around your head... pointless

Apparently there are at least three strains of this virus... two of which are practically harmless... One is not, even for the average person... thats why you see people that are completely healthy dying from it.

Surgical masks are easy to obtain... at least around here... Cloth masks are nothing more then a fashion statement

And by the way i've already been FIRED for standing up for myself and my residents in my facility...lucky i have a union behind me.. Now i have to walk the line... nothing i can do about it... And they're still letting outsiders in... and the cases are going up... As of today we have three more new cases... my residents are all going down hill because they're locked in their rooms 24/7... and theres nothing anyone can do about it

Sure... sorry, masks suck... but wearing one equals knowing you're preventing the spread to others... YES they help... that was my point

But wearing a cloth mask is utterly useless...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join