It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENOUGH! Just Stop!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: cre8chaos
If you promise not to bring any of the Calli BS, you can come to Tennessee. We are like the wild west here. Wear a mask, don't wear a mask, we don't care. I got extra TP if you need it bro.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
I agree.
But my whole point is, masks don't stop it. We have no idea what will.

Personally, I believe herd immunity. And those who are immune deficient, should be protected.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I agree.
But my whole point is, masks don't stop it. We have no idea what will.

Personally, I believe herd immunity. And those who are immune deficient, should be protected.

Masks help... They don't totally prevent it, but with the right precautions they do help a lot

IF you're wearing a mask and you talk to someone face to face that has it... you won't catch it, but you eventually have to take the mask off which means IF the virus is on the mask, even on the outside... you can spread it or catch it from that mask...

You can get it through the eyes as well but theres a lot less chance of that happening... IF everyone wears a mask when they should... we can get rid of this thing just like any other flu or cold going around...

Trust me... masks do help

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: DBCowboy

Not a fan of masks either, but isn't it just easier to do what we need to do to get rid of this damn bug?

I'd like to get back to normal instead of living this "new normal"

Cool, When can I take it off? By what metric is this decided?

Remember, we know it's not going to die off when it gets hot.
We know it transmits much like the flu.
We know it's not mortally dangerous to most. It's like a mild to bad flu, depending on reasons.
We know that people who were wearing masks got it anyway.
We know that people who are super careful got it anyway.
WE DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN GET IT AGAIN AFTER YOU HAVE HAD IT, APARENTLY NOT ENOUGH DATA THERE.
We know that people who hid away got it.

So knowing all that, and knowing that we learned to live with the Flu, Ebola, Swine Flu, Polio, And the Plague, doesn't it seem like it would make more sense to stop trying to hide from it, and confront it head on? At this point, with so many infected as the numbers show, fairly soon, everyone who could catch it will have caught it. And then it will be a lot like the diseases we don't worry about much anymore.

Or,

We can continue to hide, continue to let the government tell us where we can go, when we can go there, and with whom we can travel or congregate.

This needs to be a discussion free from the MSM driving the narrative as they have been doing for a while.

Zombies either need a double tap, or they need to snap out of the trance. Stop letting the propaganda machine tell you how to think.

Well, people who are very careful can and do still make mistakes... problem is how long this virus stays transmittable... and the duration of the incubation period... its not that this virus is any worse then the flu, or the common cold... its the variables that other bugs don't have

People can be asymptomatic and spread it while not even knowing they have anything and feeling perfectly fine... which is all well and good for the general public, but very bad for vulnerable people...

i work with cases every day... i still haven't caught it... but a lot of my coworkers have

which only reinforces my point. We aren't going to get away. Jason is blocking the only exit. We aren't the stars, just extras. He's going to find us. the music is loud and scary. We need to live with this and get past it. Prolonging the inevitable will only prolong the inevitable.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

LOL... you make it sound like everyone is going to get it, and its here to stay forever... We're stuck in the new mask culture so why not start decorating them and making it a part of fashion...

thats just not true... Its here to stay until we start doing things right...

IF you happen to catch it, theres a good chance you'll be perfectly fine... but maybe the next person you give it to won't be

That is the problem... its not the general public, its the people who's immune system can't handle even the common cold let alone the flu...

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

LOL... you make it sound like everyone is going to get it, and its here to stay forever... We're stuck in the new mask culture so why not start decorating them and making it a part of fashion...

IF you happen to catch it, theres a good chance you'll be perfectly fine... but maybe the next person you give it to won't be

That is the problem... its not the general public, its the people who's immune system can't handle even the common cold let alone the flu...

As an At-Risk myself, consider my points here especially carefully:

Nobody is responsible for me or my well-being, but myself. Period.

I am not responsible for the well-being of anyone else, either. Underage minors being a hair some nitpicker would want to debate aside here.

It is of no more concern to me than demanding I be held responsible for the deadly anaphylactic allergic reaction someone had due to dander from my cats, rabbit, or bird.
Demanding such is ridiculous, therefore we tend not to place blame on someone who happened to have a pet at home some stranger in public was nasty-deadly allergic to. Yet swap deadly allergen for virus bug & extreme short stick death odds, and it's suddenly ok to hang over peoples' heads? Bite me.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

TO each their own... IF you happen to give a virus to someone who's immune system can't deal with it, and they died... You'd be ok with that.... Well... ok then

Again, i work in the vulnerable sector... Personally i would feel responsible IF it were me...

but again to each their own

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
OK, people might pooh-pooh my original idea.

Despite the fact that spraying customers with a poop smell will retain social distancing (even for the malcontents, who don't want nappies on their faces, and believe in freedom of breath and other such malarkey).

The anti-social aroma can be adjusted according to alertness levels.

But snowflake naysayers would chirp, but Halfoldman, if we spray people with doo-doo we might prevent Covid, but we could just kill everyone with cholera.

Not to worry.
We don't need "real poop" to make everyone repulsive.
The Israeli Defense Force has given us "Skunk"!

"Skunk" is a malodorant, non-lethal weapon used for crowd control by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and marketed to militaries and law enforcement around the world. It was developed and is manufactured by Odortec, with two supporting companies, Man and Beit-Alfa Technologies.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...(weapon)

Nope not the skunk we smoked in 1999.
Something that could actually socially distance us so far apart, we'd each need our own little individual countries.

edit on 19-11-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Go work in a covud ward and then come back and bitch.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

TO each their own... IF you happen to give a virus to someone who's immune system can't deal with it, and they died... You'd be ok with that.... Well... ok then

Again, i work in the vulnerable sector... Personally i would feel responsible IF it were me...

but again to each their own

That's the person that should be locked down, if anyone gets locked down.

This isn't rocket science! If your immune system can't deal with it, don't go out and if you do have to go out wear a mask and gloves. Also learn how to use and remove your PPE correctly.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

That big ole 51st US state to the north. The one full of Canadians.

Haha nice, I think that is why we get along - Aussies and Canadians have a similarly rugged culture and attitude

Infact, I learnt in the last few years how Aussies and Canadians were used as the shock troopers in WW1 and the Germans would switch positions and abandon/re-plan based on where the Aussies and Canadians were setting up.

This is true. You can add the New Zealanders, as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

What's the old saying . ?

" straight from the horses mouth "

So could all of you arm chair experts please Shup up about face mask , you don't know what your talking about.

Yes if your sick wear one .

But other wise just walking around with face mask on is pointless , and little more than a political statment at this point.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
a reply to: cre8chaos
If you promise not to bring any of the Calli BS, you can come to Tennessee. We are like the wild west here. Wear a mask, don't wear a mask, we don't care. I got extra TP if you need it bro.

I can second that. Except for maybe in Nashville where you'll get dirty looks from people and they'll walk around you maintaining six feet.

Nashville has a lot of special people.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I warned every one of you in March that politicians would use Covid to reduce freedoms and liberties.

Told ya' so!

Quit yer bitchin'.

Own it now maskies.

Own it now, Karens.

Y'all can kiss my ass.

You weren't the only one. I'll stand next to ya. Everyone can kiss my ass as well.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

You forgot about using Covid to steal an election...

And up next: stealing our assets

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Go work in a covud ward and then come back and bitch.

I do every day!

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
You know I respect you, so riddle me this...

If masks work so well, how do people, who wear masks like its their religion, also include gloves, and still use hand sanitizer like its their job, still get covid?
My step sister is living that.

And I read the other day, that it can be airborne, up to 90 feet?

Something isn't being told to us, or they have NO DAMN CLUE!!!

Masks do little to nothing to protect the wearer from COVID. 60% - 90% of the air we breath while wearing a mask is unfiltered. It comes in from around the sides and bottom of the mask. What they do a little more effectively is block the larger aerosols of an asymptomatic carrier. So masks are less about protecting the wearer from contracting the virus, but more about protecting everyone else from the wearer. If I had COVID, I could see how wearing a mask might reduce the particles shooting out of my mouth.

That being said, the mortality rate is 99.5% on average. We can't destroy our economy to (possibly) save that .5%. There are 38,000 deaths and 4.4 million traffic related injuries in the US per year, so should we ban driving? Alcohol causes 95,000 deaths per year, so should we ban alcohol? Cigarettes kill 480,000 per year, but smoking's still legal.

This is the beginning of the "new normal". That is unacceptable.

"I'd rather die than live down on my knees." - Five Finger Death Punch- Death Before Dishonor

That being said

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

It's a pretty big deal as the the temperature is rising heading in to an Aussie summer.

I guarantee a vulnerable person is going to die/become seriously unwell due to wearing a mask on a 40+ degree celsius day if they do not make some adjustments or just bugger the mandate off altogether.

Not sure i agree to be honest. If in the Middle Ages they could fight all day in entirely enclosed heavy metal helmets without dying from it, then i don't see how wearing a light fabric face mask is such an issue? And before anyone tries to claim it is different in Australia with the high temperatures i will simply point to the Crusades.....

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

So the flu is gone now? I mean, sure it is in Australia, but here? What about the cold? Nope it's still here too. After all these years, still hanging around. Fancy that.

So what makes you think Covid will just go away if we wear masks? Will we scare it away?

It's here to stay, and yes, everyone will get it. Some will die. That's not being cold or uncaring, it's a fact. Just as with happens with the flu. And once we all have had it, and can't get it again, it will be a footnote in our history. I'm sure 2020 will have an * beside it for more than covid, but none the less it will be there.

Live every day as if it were your last, but know that it's probably not.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

It's a pretty big deal as the the temperature is rising heading in to an Aussie summer.

I guarantee a vulnerable person is going to die/become seriously unwell due to wearing a mask on a 40+ degree celsius day if they do not make some adjustments or just bugger the mandate off altogether.

Not sure i agree to be honest. If in the Middle Ages they could fight all day in entirely enclosed heavy metal helmets without dying from it, then i don't see how wearing a light fabric face mask is such an issue? And before anyone tries to claim it is different in Australia with the high temperatures i will simply point to the Crusades.....

men didn't used to have sand in their vaginas. Times have changed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join