It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tens of Thousands of Pennsylvania Ballots Returned Earlier Than Sent Date: Researcher

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
nothing to see here

"Over 51,000 [Absentee Pennsylvania] ballots are marked as returned just a day after they were sent out...Nearly 35,000 were returned on the same day they were mailed out." "More than 23,000 have an impossible return date—earlier than the sent date."

Over 9000 more ballots had no mail date, but had a mailing label on the record .

Pennsylvania changed many many voting rules this year, in almost every case weakening the integrity, legitimacy and security of the election process.

I posit that this is by design.

The hits will keep on coming.

This year, Pennsylvania also allowed voters to “request, receive, mark and cast your mail-in or absentee ballot all in one visit to your county election office or other designated location.” That may explain the ballots with no sent date—they may have been received and cast in person.

While it could also explain the ballots with the same sent and returned date, that appears to clash with the description of the database, which says the sent date is “the date the county confirmed the application to queue a ballot label to mail the ballot materials to the voter.”

If the ballot was received by the voter in person, there would have been no need for a mailing label.

Why would you need a mail in ballot if you are already at an election office in person?

It boggles the mind.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Live in PA, received 3 ballets in the mail at different times. We were allowed to drop off our ballets at the elections office. The ballet came with 2 envelopes. One which you put the ballet in that was unmarked other than with "Official Ballet" which was put into another envelope which you could mail back OR drop off at the election office. On that outer envelope was a spot to fill in your name and address and signature.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Just the simple fact you received (3) ballots is crazy! Definitely nothing to see here, move along now!

Should only get one, if any.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Three ballots you say.

Sounds like a situation ripe for abuse.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

He worded that wrong.
You get a envelope that you fill out and send to confirm you are a citizen of the state.
Then you get a confirmation envelope or denial.
Then you get if confirmed your mail im ballot. Which does come with another envelope one uses to either mail in or drop off.
That user is just trying to spread a false reality for their narrative.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Well I can only speak for my state Nevada.
But I am pretty sure that is how is works in all states.
Lots of people threw the first out thinking it was junk mail.
Hell I almost did that man.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I don't know what happened with the mulitiple mailings, but I get multiple mail sent to me because my driver's license had a name change. I also had a small problem voting because my name on my voter's registration did not match my license.

It was straightened out but it took a little extra time.

edit on 11-11-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Yea, I tore up the first 2. I wish I would have saved em now.....

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
PA resident. Some counties had pre-paid postage indicia on the mailing envelope for return to county courthouse, and yes, postmarked 10/9/20 -- likely the day the county ran the envelope through their own postage meter so residents could mail ballot without affixing postage. Population -- small county, very strong Republican base, 10,000 mail-in ballot requests.

Don't see any irregularities with running the return mailing envelope through the meter, at the government's expense, so voters could save 50 cents.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Why would you need a mail in ballot if you are already at an election office in person?

In our case we went two weeks early so we didn't have to stand in line very long due to physical issues. Received, filled out, signed, sealed, recorded receipt and dropped in lockbox while we were there. It's plausible.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

Postmark is not the same as a prepaid postage.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Ya I ran into a huge bump in the road in regards to this election and voting.
I actually went in person with my filled out ballot. It was not counted seeing as I was late to reregister since I changed parties and didn't vote in 2016 because I hated both runners.
Kinda sucks. All fixed now a day after the elections.
But Atleast I did it the correct way instead of doing something stupid and abuse a already strained system.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

You took your mail-in ballots to a physical voting location?

Why didn't you just mail it in?

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Same, I got 5 and ripped them up. Went in person instead.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Wut
Less scrupulous people would have just mailed them all back

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
If Trump serves another 4 years, he and the republicans had better fix this mess while they can, because if they don't, it will only get worse from here.

If he does not serve another 4 years, it won't matter.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

a reply to: HalWesten

You took your mail-in ballots to a physical voting location?

Why didn't you just mail it in?

I don't trust the postal service.
So if I wanted we have drive through drop off areas.
Faster that way and counted faster.
Pretty much takes going in person easier and the count is faster.
Actually doing it by mail is what is slowing down the counts.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Sister got 3. Told the election judge a month back how many we got, and what we did with them. He was frustrated that i didn't report it.
edit on 11-11-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

In our case we went two weeks early so we didn't have to stand in line very long due to physical issues. Received, filled out, signed, sealed, recorded receipt and dropped in lockbox while we were there. It's plausible.

This was the first year I had interest in early voting, but learned that the state of Connecticut offers no such possibility.

I understand that it's not likely we'll ever get completely perfect alignment across all 50 states on voting protocols, but this situation needs improvement. It's like each state is a completely different country when it comes to how they manage elections. We are all confused about how and when to vote, and with good reason, because the rules are completely different, depending on who you talk to and where they live.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Where is the word "postmark" even mentioned except in your own words? All I see at your Twitter reference is the word "mark."

A pre-paid postage indicia is also a mark.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join