It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Dark Days. (The black band on ATS)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You need to get back to conspiracies and fast.
We dont want to kill this board off.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Conspiracy Of Loudness

Originally posted by infinite
You need to get back to conspiracies and fast.
We dont want to kill this board off.

It takes a conspiracy to break a conspiracy.

We must defeat the conspiracy to turn ATS into the next Democratic Underground or Free Republic or, (horrors!) a bizarre combination of the two, which is where we seem to be heading.

Meet me out back in five minutes so we can talk.

Come alone.

Bring beer.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
We need an event to get us all talking away from the politics. Thats the problem. We need something to talk about, a new conspiracy theory, something which isn't political.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Digging In The Backyard

We need something to talk about, a new conspiracy theory, something which isn't political.

Or maybe we need to expose the conspiracy to politicize ATS.

That could be the scoop we're looking for.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Or maybe we need to expose the conspiracy to politicize ATS.

That could be the scoop we're looking for.

its those political trolls!

there to blame!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The conspiracies are there, both real and imagined. Aurora, Dreamland, The Octopus, JFK, RFK and the one i find most disturbing The Conspiracy of Lost Children ( do a google search on ATS, truely frightening stuff )
The list goes on. If people put as much effort into the conspiracies i have mentioned and less into political flame wars we would have JFK's shooter under lock and key, well maybe not but you get my point.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

We need an event to get us all talking away from the politics. Thats the problem. We need something to talk about, a new conspiracy theory, something which isn't political.

Have you ever wondered why it is that dreams, an evolved physical process that everyone experiences, is usually relegated to mysticism and New Age topics, and why hypnosis is usually casually dismissed as unimportant........hhhhmmmmmmmmm..........nothing political there.........just a thought.........

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I didn't get a chance to read any of the posts in this thread but I just wanted to say that I support 'black bands' all the way. YES! Thats right, I'm FOR black bands...

Fishbone, The Roots, Living Color, NWA, Black Sabbath... all great groups!

The rest of you, I don't know what your problem is really.. besides, can't we all just get along?

Now Albainian Acid Jazz Bands... them on the other hand...

.. damn Albainians.. didn't we go to war against them once?

Yeah we did didn't we? I saw it on TV! I'm sure of it.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vis Mega
I didn't get a chance to read any of the posts in this thread but I just wanted to say that I support 'black bands' all the way. YES! Thats right, I'm FOR black bands...

The cult of personality.........I guess it takes all kinds......I would like to maybe point out a thought I have regarding the above post and that is that racism was the partisan of 70 years ago......

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think that was the first song that Living Color came out with right? Vernon Reid was just the greatest guitarist of the 80s, man.

Look in my EYES!
What do you see?
I'm the smiling face on your TV!
I'm every person..
... you need to be!
I'm!
The!
Cult!
Of!
Per!
Son!
Al!
IT-Y!

Damn good song.

-VMX

P.S. I can go on like this forever.. btw.. but you already knew that.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
good news,

The council has noticed the black band and will be dealing with the issue, just give us time to get use to our jobs

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We fortunate few here in these forums have aspired to be different. A theme has been adopted, "deny ignorance," that for many of us means we try harder. But we we're wrong. We are not different. We are subject to the same shame as everyone else.

We have allowed the sickness of petty political bickering to find a foothold and cause a widespread infection. "Deny Balance" should be the new motto, as right-blaming-left and left-blaming-right is pervasive throughout the board.

Make no mistake, you are being expertly controlled. Even here, in this venue that should be beyond the puppet masters' strings, we have succumbed to the subtle manipulations of thought and reason. Instead of looking in agner toward the puppet masters, you yell at the puppets. [

I've been gone since April due to computer problems. Now I'm back and things are not that different.

"right-blaming-left and left-blaming-right"

Before my computer died I would always see 'Conservative this' and 'Liberal that'. Now it's only changed to 'Lefty this' and 'right wing that'.
I always thought by us "Denying Ignorance" was our way of finding the truth. I still see threads that are full of partisan politics. This is on ATS I have no idea how bad it might be on P@ATS.

In the end the only thing that has changed these past few months is the words. The skillfully created divide is still there.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wow, I dont have a full day to go over 12 dozen plus pages in regard to this op/ed but Im going to state once again a quick fix that might help. Allow the individual posters the ability to grant a yes/no vote to giving the creator of a thread the points. If you dont agree you can deny points given to the thread creator and voice your opinion without feeling guilty about contributing to his/her points. Its a drop in the bucket but think about it. I know its somewhat off topic but I believe it will help seperate the bad apples from the good ones.

::edited one word::

[edit on 3-6-2006 by madmangunradio]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Black band on ATS, yes I remember those days very well. As a matter of fact, my avatar still wears the black band on his right arm.

I was hoping to remove it some day...that day has never come.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It seems that The Black Band is back

Maybe its just a reflection of the current times, who knows. well as you know, every community has its own problems and divisions, maybe, this is ours.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
been a while since ive posted something... and its been a while since ive checked the black ban status... i wonder whats really going on with this... have denied ignorance or politics in the office as usual...

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The black band is long gone and the site redesigned.

But since you bring it up, maybe that's why the entire site is black now...

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Fade To Black

Originally posted by djohnsto77
But since you bring it up, maybe that's why the entire site is black now...

That's deep, DJ.

Incredibly deep.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
lol.... good 2 know... good 2 know...

im suprised there wasnt a civil war... or maybe there was and i missed it...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think it,s just part of the process of growing up as a race. Try to think of the human race as being a bit like a teenager ; teens frequently have ideas that they feel passionately about , but since they,re always learning they frequently learn what a dumb idea it was in the first place . Either that or they learn that even if it was a pretty good idea extremism is almost always a very bad thing . I know that,s a bit simplistic but hang in there Guy . I think you,ve started something wonderful here , the very idea that everyone who can keep a civil tongue in their head has a voice here is an amazing thing . I,m a conservative who frequently has to log off due to anger over what some of the folks out there are saying and I still think that this is the greatest place in the world . I , like everyone else , still has a bit of growing up to.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join