It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iranian drone has disabled all air defense systems and "attacked" the US Navy ships

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
If Iran openly attacked a US aircraft carrier for no reason whatsoever I would expect a counter-strike from the US.....and not some proportional response aimed at satisfying news hounds etc.

I tihnk the US would have no option but to carry out a significant strike disabling large sections of the Iranian military and the Mullah's power bases.

Bear in mind its election time in the US and nothing helps bolster an election campaign than military conflict!

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I already had such an inaccuracy on the forum a few months ago. I am writing through Google translator, and he translated Israeli gliding bombs as cruise missiles. We sorted it out in the comments with colleagues and came to a consensus.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
According to the number on the side of the island, that is the USS Nimitz, CVN-68. The USS Nimitz is currently located somewhere in the Malacca Straights. That is in or near Malaysia. That is a very, very, very long way for a drone to travel from Iran to look at it.

Its says a lot about people here who gave this post stars.

And yet when it was pointed out by the OP that the information contained in it is incorrect, and you replied to him saying basically 'yes i was wrong', that post received only one star.

Seems people only want to hear what they want to hear ignoring the facts
What facts? Citing Iranian sources?

You just come off salty at the fact that the US Military is simply too powerful and that bothers you. GOOD.

A Single Iranian Done cannot take out an Aircraft Carrier.

Did it ever occur to you that the US Navy knows that simple fact and thus let the Drone do whatever it wants, knowing full well how insignificant it is?

....also, we now know the result of that encounter in this very thread, NOTHING. No sinking ship, no destroyed drone, just a pass by with a few snapshots of a beautiful, but dangerous and powerful weapons platform.

So, in a sense, this is just, well really? BS, nothing else beyond that. The OP lives up to his avatar name while ironically being probably trolled by a real one *Shrugs*

The fact that the carrier was indeed in the Persian gulf *shrugs*

You didnt even read the 2 posts

edit on 24/9/20 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Sound mate.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This sound`s like the Iranian version of April Fools' Day

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Waiting for the cries of "fake images"...

Why woud they need to be fake you can buy a droane at walmart that could get those images. A small droane will not show on radar because they are set not to. If they werent you would have them tracking birds flying. Not a great idea especially if you activate auto defenses, launching missiles at birds could be a huge problem especially for the bird.

I'm pretty sure a drone large enough to carry 4 cruise missiles would be large enough to spot on radar.
Maybe the simpler solution is the Navy did detect it, realized it wasn't a threat and decided to monitor and track it.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

The Strait of Ormudz and the Persian Gulf are narrow. They are in the zone of operation of stationary and even mobile means of radio-electronic warfare and jamming. It is not at all necessary to put them on the UAV.
In any case, in 2011, Iran took over control and planted at that time the newest RQ-170 with the help of the Russian 1L222 Avtobaza electronic warfare complex of Belarusian production on a truck chassis. This happened at a much greater distance.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Well ""IF"" any Iranian UAV were capable of carrying 4 cruise missiles, it would probably be in some sort of internal rotating launch bay, just down to the weight distribution of the payload.

Once they big bay doors open I'm thinking it would indeed pop up on radar if not long before.
edit on 24-9-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Translation:

An Iranian drone completed a successful flyby of the USS Nimitz, to within a few kilometres, without being shot down.

Fantastic........ not.

The moment any systems became truly active on that drone would of been its last. A lot of hyperbole coming from iranian/Russian propaganda ....... yet again.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Jamming a Carriers electronic communications is considered an act of war. That drone would show video of itself spiraling into the ocean.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

You beat me to it...

Yeah, the second the Iranian UAV turned on its targeting system, be it radar or lidar, the UAV would have been cut to pieces by an extremely powerful laser. The US Navy don't play, except on shore leave, but thats another story...

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Those pictures look like they were taken by one of Iran's P-3 Orions.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is a drill.

I say again..this is a drill 😎

(post by Kurokage removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Rubles?
That like £1.50

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Rubles?
That like £1.50

I don't use wooden pounds. I receive in rubles the equivalent of 500,000 green presidents)))

By the way, when such "democrats" as my opponent, to whom I replied, come to power, genocide, concentration camps, torture and executions always begin.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I don't use wooden pounds

I think wooden Pounds are still a better bet than Rubles!!

By the way, when such "democrats" as my opponent, to whom I replied, come to power, genocide, concentration camps, torture and executions always begin.

I don't think they are following the Putin doctrine of politics and dictatorship.
edit on 24-9-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I doubt it Iran is flooding the region with cheap drones they build them out of styrofoam.

gulfnews.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

I don't use wooden pounds

I think wooden Pounds are still a better bet than Rubles!!

I don't think they are following the Putin doctrine of politics and dictatorship.

Think healthier and more. Thank God that your country has not yet banned thinking.)))

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join