It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst place your school took you on a field trip?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: KansasGirl

What in the hell is green?!

Sorry for the outburst, that was the city-slicker in me still wondering if I'll truly enjoy being a farmer/rancher in retirement, or if I'm fooling myself.

...green goo...hmm....

It’s a crystal clear moment frozen in my head forever.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Some of these horrible field trips, I would have found fascinating.

Sorry, but the morgue and the slaughterhouse would have been interesting. I used to always watch my dad clean the fish from whacking them on the head to kill to skinning them (catfish, you scale bass) to gutting them. It was always really cool when we'd get a female stuffed with roe.

Yeah, but think about that 30 seconds when the huge cow is FREAKING OUT because it smells blood and death from it’s sister who just went in there moments ago- watch that cow’s eyes get even bigger and its nostrils flare and it try with all its tonnage to get out and it can’t move an inch; then this huge loud sound and there is a large silver bolt through both sides of its head. It didn’t stop moving then, by the way.

No way in hell would a field trip line that happen today. A teacher would get sued for even proposing the idea.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

No it wouldn't be allowed today. I'm surprised it was allowed then.

Just like I recall doing blood typing back in junior high science class. We all had the option to prick our own fingers with a lancet, gather enough blood, and run the blood typing for ourselves.

It was pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Sorry for the outburst, that was the city-slicker in me still wondering if I'll truly enjoy being a farmer/rancher in retirement, or if I'm fooling myself.

...green goo...hmm....

I am an OLD and LONG TIME country boy , and I was a wonderin the same thing...

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
We went to a dairy farm. Seeing all the cows being milked was pretty cool, and seeing how they did the milk from raw to finished product ready to ship out.

The part that got me was seeing/smelling the manure pit. This was a pretty large dairy farm, and cows poop a lot. So they had a manure pit. They warned us about the smell, but it still about knocked me on my ass. What made it worse was seeing a dead cow floating in the manure pit. I’ll never forget how that poor cow looked. It was distant, but I noticed it right off the bat. The landowner was like “yeah, you have good eyesight, poor thing accidentally fell in”. I had to walk away because I felt my lunch starting to come up. I decided I did not want to be a farmer.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Juvenile detention center. I was scared straight. What a ******* surprise it was. Third grade. My mom came in and all, like every field trip required for me to go. It was supposed to be a fun day. Not so much.
edit on 13-9-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It was tradition for all the kids in grade school to take a 2 day trip in the woods in Washington State. We slept in big tents with dirt floors. The floors were loose dust that would stir up in the air. The other kids were so stupid they played in the dust and stirred it up in the air. We had to breath it all night. The Principle was in my tent. Trammatized me for life.

The second night the Principle screamed at the dumb kids to stop stirring up the dust. I used my sleeping bag as a filter to breath through. Could have suffocated.

One of the girls in another tent got a tick in her ear, the first night. Great time.
edit on 13-9-2020 by Doctor Smith because: because I can

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I don’t know, but it was definitely green liquid. Kind of a light pea-green; or moss colored maybe. But there was a lot of it, and it gushed out of that headless cow (remember it was hanging from its feet), and then there was the blood.

Bile? I don’t know- I don’t know how cow stomachs work or why bile might gush out from the neck.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Sewage plant

Sewage plant is my #2. #1 is the morgue, that f’d me up for a while.

😂😂

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Damn, y'all had way more fun than I had. We used to do an art museum field trip every year, it was surprisingly more popular than you'd think for kids. Most damned boring was to a classical music performance. Damn good musicians, but...talk about some of the most dull choices for pieces to play. BIG TIME yawn fest.

My coolest was a trip to the airport in Seoul when we lived there. Got to tour a jetliner inside & out, & the baggage area and then had a damn good lunch courtesy of the airline on the plane. Swiss Air is seriously top notch, and the staff actually apologized for the "low end" meals they served, ones for economy class. Low end my ass, I've never had such good airline food since.

Edit: BTW, I had beef stroganoff that ACTUALLY TASTED LIKE IT, not that nasty, overly salty Hamburger Helper or frozen TV dinner junk.
edit on 9/14/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This is an easy one..................

On a 1986 German student exchange

When we were in Cologne the trip out was fantastic, the Under train at Wuppertal followed by a tour in the afternoon of Cologne Cathedral. Totally enlightening to a 14 year old

What did our side give in return?

A tour of Rugely B coal fired power station

They were mesmerised

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
When I was about 7 years old my (rural)school took us on a "nature trip."
We were all excited to get out of class and expected to see hedgehogs,foxes and maybe the odd badger.

So off we went and arrived at a stinky muddy ditch which may have once been a stream before people had dumped rubbish in it.

The "nature" turned out to be rats.Lots of rats.
But not ordinary rats,oh no.
These were rats which had recently been poisoned and were dying in agony making screeching noises and crapping blood everywhere.Many of the kids started freaking out.

About 30 seconds into this nature trip that would have made David Attenborough jelous,just as the teacher was deciding to abort the mission,our nasty resident school bully shoved this poor little delicate shy girl into the ditch..

At least her screams meant we could no longer here the death wails of the rats.

So we all went back to school,except for the poor girl who had to go to hospital for tests as she got mud/bloody rat slime in her mouth(luckily she was fine).

So,best nature trip EVER.
The only good thing about it was we didn't have to do a write up on the experience,as was the plan before.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Where did you go? Love Canal?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Yep,love canal otherwise known as rat hell.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

There is a Dirty Jobs episode where Mike goes to a dairy farm and the guy there used his manure to become more or less off grid. The decaying poo created gas he used to power his home and operation. Then he took the solids and made composted flower pots that were basically scentless and biodegradable while the liquids went back to the crops to be recycled all over again.

It was nasty that process, but it worked.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Burger Chef

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join