It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over a nunnery in Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
In the sky over the St. George Convent in Yessentuki, eyewitnesses filmed a UFO. Local residents are sure: the video is not a montage, because many have seen the unidentified object themselves. However, they cannot answer what exactly appears mysteriously over the city.

According to local residents, on the same day, the object was also seen in the village of Energetik, but much later - at about 10 pm. Several people recalled having seen a similar object before.

The video is on the link, I don't know how to embed this video into the ATS

vk.com...

Thank.
edit on 20-8-2020 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Its clearly just a plastic bag. Lol

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: solarone
Its clearly just a plastic bag. Lol

This version was and was discussed in Russian social networks. Was rejected. The voice of a child is heard in the video, it is unlikely that children in such situations will lie. In addition, the object was also seen tens of kilometers from the monastery.
The quadcopter version was also rejected.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Any idea why it was rejected?

2nd...

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

The second version is a meteorological drone or quadcopter. However, it was immediately noted that the UFO behaves too strangely for a drone - its trajectory is completely uncharacteristic for a controlled object. The third version is a balloon. However, again, its shape is too unusual and its size is too large.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Thanks for clarifying. I think this illustrates that, with footage or images alone, it is often difficult to pin down what exactly we're dealing with.

It could be a deflated solar balloon or something similar. Difficult to say, really.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I agree that it looks like a large plastic bag, perhaps a rubbish bag.
The way it tumbles uncontrollably like its drifting with the wind.

I know you've said this theory was rejected but that doesn't mean its correct.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Looks fake to me to to the size change not proportional to the zoom in and out.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

It's some sort of bag or balloon.

Who "rejected" that theory?
A couple kids who think every video of Venus or Jupiter is an alien spaceship?

I'm the National Chief Investigator for MUFON Canada.
I do not "reject" the theory of it being a balloon or bag caught in the wind.

Sorry just reread that and it sounds like I'm being pompous.
But I've had hundreds of videos very similar in nature submitted to us, showing the same type of behaviour.

edit on 20-8-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What does the child say in the video?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

So, it's still an Unidentified flying object...

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Just the inability to take a solid video makes me think it's nothing. If you really thought you were filming a UFO why wouldn't you stay on it a hold as still as possible. These videos that are all over the place making sure we don't get a good look are highly suspect.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FishBait

If I had to make a video with my camera I would probably had to point it to other objects while it was trying to focus, as my camera has auto-focus that cannot be changed when in video mode, so if it cannot focus it will keep on trying, with the target appearing on and off focus constantly. Pointing the camera to another object that is easier to focus on may make the camera focus for that distance and keep it for a few seconds.

So, while I think this is just something floating in the wind, the camera movement is plausible to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The way it's moving. any occupant's would be throwing up.

edit on 20-8-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

If I had to make a video with my camera I would probably had to point it to other objects while it was trying to focus, as my camera has auto-focus that cannot be changed when in video mode, so if it cannot focus it will keep on trying, with the target appearing on and off focus constantly. Pointing the camera to another object that is easier to focus on may make the camera focus for that distance and keep it for a few seconds.

So, while I think this is just something floating in the wind, the camera movement is plausible to me.

I don't believe for a minute all that is going through some random tourists mind. Most people aren't thinking, oh I'll point it at something else to get it to focus. They are just flailing the camera around. I feel these are people intentionally making crap videos to get people to re-watch and hopefully make a couple bucks off online streaming monetization or selling it to a TV show etc. Or just nut balls who want attention. Anyone serious would keep the camera on the object.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

As I said, it depends, I have had to do something like that with my camera to get it to focus properly for a few seconds.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Nuns? Easy peasy. They probably swatted it down with a yardstick.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Looks like somebody filled an air mattress with helium.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me but I always examine the video recording as a whole, ignoring the object. The way the camera moves around really discredits anything legit

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

the object was also seen in the village of Energetik

Sorry to stray off topic but that is the coolest name for a village I have ever heard. 😎

top topics

join