It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Longer Leader of the Free World: Trump Admin. Humiliated at UN over Iran Arms Embargo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Didn't I say in another thread that Trump have managed to pissed off all our allies, and that he is an existential threat! to our national security???.. Ok DR is holding down the fort.

The only people he pissed off are the ones who took advantage of our country thanks to previous administrations.

They cannot use the USA as their personal piggy bank anymore. That would definitely upset a lot of people.

Finally, we should dispel the notion that NATO allies "do nothing." In the aftermath of the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States, allied countries well beyond Al- Qaeda's attention sent their sons and daughters to fight—and die—alongside American soldiers in Afghanistan and elsewhere. The notion that the United States' NATO allies do nothing tramples on the legacy and sacrifice that Canadian, French, Norwegian, Romanian and other troops made in coming to the defense of the U.S.

The United States did not found NATO as a favor to Europe. The Alliance is the bedrock of American global engagement and the keystone of its global military footprint. It is the manifestation of America's role as a world leader, an assemblage of our staunchest allies and strongest democracies, and a beacon of hope for aspiring members and fledgling democracies. If Donald Trump wants to "make America great again" on a global stage, he cannot do so without NATO.

Robbie Gramer is an associate director of the Transatlantic Security Initiative at the Atlantic Council's Brent Scowcroft Center on International Security.
www.newsweek.com...

The above is an opinion piece but to me it's on the money, he liked throwing his weight around to prove his is the man among men, there was nothing about NATO that requires that kind of chest thumping, his sketchy relationship with Russia a competitor was jarring.
But 👌 if America want to end a 70 yrs old alliance then, we just have to go it alone, must admit tho, not being a Superpower maybe a good thing?? let Ghina do their thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   

You seem to revel in the fact that the U.N.
has shown its true colors.

It is a very corrupt and infested organization.

The ruling only solidifies the response
and plan of action.

Important topic.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

and plan of action.

Important topic.

I was gonna bring up Trump's institutional corruption, not to mention his own personal corruption but those topics are for another day.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I can wait for that day.
2nd line.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

Didn't I say in another thread that Trump have managed to pissed off all our allies, and that he is an existential threat! to our national security???.. Ok DR is holding down the fort.

The only people he pissed off are the ones who took advantage of our country thanks to previous administrations.

They cannot use the USA as their personal piggy bank anymore. That would definitely upset a lot of people.

Finally, we should dispel the notion that NATO allies "do nothing." In the aftermath of the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States, allied countries well beyond Al- Qaeda's attention sent their sons and daughters to fight—and die—alongside American soldiers in Afghanistan and elsewhere. The notion that the United States' NATO allies do nothing tramples on the legacy and sacrifice that Canadian, French, Norwegian, Romanian and other troops made in coming to the defense of the U.S.

The United States did not found NATO as a favor to Europe. The Alliance is the bedrock of American global engagement and the keystone of its global military footprint. It is the manifestation of America's role as a world leader, an assemblage of our staunchest allies and strongest democracies, and a beacon of hope for aspiring members and fledgling democracies. If Donald Trump wants to "make America great again" on a global stage, he cannot do so without NATO.

Robbie Gramer is an associate director of the Transatlantic Security Initiative at the Atlantic Council's Brent Scowcroft Center on International Security.
www.newsweek.com...

The above is an opinion piece but to me it's on the money, he liked throwing his weight around to prove his is the man among men, there was nothing about NATO that requires that kind of chest thumping, his sketchy relationship with Russia a competitor was jarring.
But 👌 if America want to end a 70 yrs old alliance then, we just have to go it alone, must admit tho, not being a Superpower maybe a good thing?? let Ghina do their thing.
True, our NATO allies have fought with us, bled and died with Americans. But it’s still a tiny fraction of what the USA has done to keep this world stable and preserve the independence of other nations. As I pointed out in an earlier post, no other NATO member spends more than 60 percent per capita of what Americans spend on defense. Trump doesn’t like that and neither do Americans with common sense, because our NATO allies are wealthy and blithely make themselves dependent on Russian gas and Chinese 5G.

How does our defense spending help us? Does it enrich us by conquering nations that we loot and force to pay tribute? No, our military activities worldwide are a huge net loss for us. Our economy is one of the least dependent in the world on international trade — unlike our First World allies — so our costly defense of freedom of navigation doesn’t help us that much. We don’t need Persian Gulf oil, for example.

We’re certainly not in danger of being invaded, except by illegal immigrants. America could cut its defense spending to a mere $200 billion a year, saving us half a trillion dollars annually, and still no nation would be crazy enough to invade us.

But then we couldn’t come to any country’s rescue; couldn’t defend Europe from Russia, Japan or Taiwan from China, South Korea from North Korea. Couldn’t defend Israel from its hateful neighbors, couldn’t defang Islamic State or al Qaeda. Couldn’t keep China from complete control of the South China Sea and East China Sea. No one else can or will do that. Only the United States, which has defense treaties with one-fourth of all nations.
edit on 19-8-2020 by Scapegrace because: Addition

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

and plan of action.

Important topic.

I was gonna bring up Trump's institutional corruption, not to mention his own personal corruption but those topics are for another day.
If he’s so corrupt, why is his net worth about half of what it was when he announced his candidacy? Wouldn’t a corrupt president become wealthier while in office, or is he hiding his ill-gotten gains somewhere? I’m guessing Russia or China, since he’s supposed to be so friendly with his fellow dictators, Putin and Xi.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Total burn.

Trump should resign right now.

Like really right now.

OMG

Honestly, this was the first response, followed by the ever boring orange man bad remark.

Is it because you people have no actual discussion points left?

What's the point of a forum if you only want to engage with people who share your exact worldview without question? Why are you here?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: DAVID64
Ok...Everybody who gives a rat's ass what the UN thinks, raise your hand.

Bueller?

.....Bueller?

................Bueller?

Same UN that allow China and Iran on it's Human Rights Council?

hahahahhahahahhaahhaha don't make me laugh I might pee

Trump supports Saudi Arabia. And North Korea. Honestly do you even read what you write.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

and plan of action.

Important topic.

If he’s so corrupt, why is his net worth about half of what it was when he announced his candidacy? Wouldn’t a corrupt president become wealthier while in office, or is he hiding his ill-gotten gains somewhere? I’m guessing Russia or China, since he’s supposed to be so friendly with his fellow dictators, Putin and Xi.

Simply, for the sake of argument..how does anyone really know?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Lol "The leader of the free world"?

That's a phraze from the 50's. I'm not so sure anyone in the rest of the world consider Trump their leader.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Total burn.

Trump should resign right now.

Like really right now.

OMG

Why are you here?

Free parking and a great dental plan.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chazam

Lol "The leader of the free world"?

That's a phraze from the 50's. I'm not so sure anyone in the rest of the world consider Trump their leader.

I think you have to get an understanding of the context here in that sentence. It's merely based upon the fact the United States is the foremost superpower on the globe, and in the west (still is to this day) and that the leader of the US is the leader of the western world as a result, in terms of influence.

In terms of leadership, feelings, that's something entirely different.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
They deserved to be humiliated, asking for indefinite anything is a stupid move if you expect it.

Although there's probably a chapter on this in "art of the deal". This seems like the typical car salesman ploy that Trump would pull.

It's just hilarious that it actually works.
The embargo will be extended, just not for infinity.
It's not a victory for Iran.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

ROFLMAO... So the U.S. dares vote against the wishes of China, and Russia, but every libtard nation in the UN stays silent because they don't want to go against the wishes of China and Russia and you want to claim this is a sign the U.S. is no longer leader of the free world?...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA...

edit on 19-8-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join