It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Longer Leader of the Free World: Trump Admin. Humiliated at UN over Iran Arms Embargo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

All those sources point follow Iran's reaction to the Trump Administration's moves below:

Some of my sources are from 2015 or earlier. Iran has been a problem LONG before the Trump administration, with their refusal time after time to comply with their agreements, anyone not living under a rock for the past several decades knows this.

Nationalist arrogance.

Again I ask you, if you dont think the U.S. should be the leader then name the country that you think should be. Because believe me if we sit home someone else WILL take the lead, who should it be, China, Russia...?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Some of my sources are from 2015 or earlier. Iran has been a problem LONG before

It's fortunate then that we came to a deal with them and the 4 other powers on moderating their enrichment, right?

Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action

known commonly as the Iran nuclear deal or Iran deal, is an agreement on the Iranian nuclear program reached in Vienna on July 14, 2015, between Iran and the P5+1 (the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council—China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, United States—plus Germany)[a] together with the European Union.

Formal negotiations toward JCPOA began with the adoption of the Joint Plan of Action, an interim agreement signed between Iran and the P5+1 countries in November 2013. Iran and the P5+1 countries engaged in negotiations for the next 20 months and in April 2015 agreed on a framework for the final agreement. In July 2015 Iran and the P5+1 confirmed agreement on the plan along with the "Roadmap Agreement" between Iran and the IAEA.[9]

What happened? Oh Trump came and tore it up.

Who's fault is that? And yet you have the nerve to reference me disingenuous attempts from Trump's very administration for more demands on Iran AFTER ripping up a broadly consensus, internationally agreed, deal.

Keep making excuses for him.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Third time: I ask you, if you dont think the U.S. should be the leader then name the country that you think should be. Because believe me if we sit home someone else WILL take the lead, who should it be, China, Russia...?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Leader of the Free World?

No thanks.

Too costly.

Let some other country be used and abused.

Maybe Justin Trudeau would accept the burden.

The president hasn't been the leader of the free world for a long time. Maybe not since Clinton.

Right now it's clearly Merkel from Germany. She leads the single largest social and political block.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Merkel? The old communist bitch? She don't lead # atm. She holds all of Europe Hostage with her open border policies....

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Do you agree with the U.N. Security Council's decision?

Yes.

We had full access to their various nuclear facilities. Iran was required to be flexible when and where.

We didn't. That was the problem.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Maybe we should just bribe them?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: carewemust

Leader of the Free World?

No thanks.

Too costly.

Let some other country be used and abused.

Maybe Justin Trudeau would accept the burden.

The president hasn't been the leader of the free world for a long time. Maybe not since Clinton.

Right now it's clearly Merkel from Germany. She leads the single largest social and political block.

Who?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

a reply to: pteridine

Far left source. Orange man always bad.

Is Fox News good enough then?

UN Security Council rejects US resolution to extend Iran arms embargo

The Security Council has voted against the US before. They have their own agendas and may be trying to keep up the chaos for financial reasons.
I didn't see anything about the "leaderless" free world in the Fox article. If true, China should hop on that for the short time they have until Three Gorges collapses and they are starving.

As far as Iran is concerned, internal opposition plus Israeli F-35 aircraft is in the process of fixing the Mullah problems.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I've never been more in favor of the isolationist viewpoint than I am lately. Pull everything back. But all the military on the borders. Stop giving out billions in "aid" to foreign governments. Get our country right first.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

There is no such thing as " The Free World "

We are all slaves to our masters, one way or an other.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I ask you, if you dont think the U.S. should be the leader then name the country that you think should be.

Why should any country have to be the leader of the free world?

In addition to this, what does that have to do with whether or not the actions of said country is wrong or right?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Well, this is awkward. I don't think I ever recalled this amount of objection against US foreign policy since the Iraq war, and even then we had the British and Australians on our side.

On Friday, the United Nations Security Council took up a resolution presented by US ambassador to the UN, Kelly Craft, aimed at an indefinite extension of the UN arms embargo on Iran. Only one of the 15 members, the Dominican Republic, supported the US resolution. Eleven abstained. And two–Russia and China, voted against it. The resolution would have needed 8 to pass and would have needed to avoid a veto by one of the five permanent members.

But it failed by 13 to 2. China and Russia did not even have to brandish a veto. It is hard to remember another vote on which the US was humiliated quite this badly, though if George W. Bush had actually pursued a UNSC authorization for his Iraq War in spring of 2003, he might have similarly gone down to epochal diplomatic defeat.

Source

I remember Mitt Romney (can't believe I'm referencing him now) stated back in 2012 that he didn't want to see the United States devolve itself to merely among powers as status on global stage. I've heard similar comments from others, and then we have actual moves by the United States from major institutions and bodies as of late.

Not sure what's the next move for the Trump Administration on this. It's going to hard to have any lasting effect on Iran without the consensus and backing of other major powers. That, and the fact Trump's re-election bid is coming up. This position could very well be reversed if we end up with a Biden administration.

I guess they don't like Dictaytors so much...too, in your face kind of stuff!

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

a reply to: pteridine

Far left source. Orange man always bad.

Is Fox News good enough then?

UN Security Council rejects US resolution to extend Iran arms embargo

So an organization with member states that condone terrorism and human rights violations refused to bring a state that condones terrorism to heel.

And this is good because it goes against POTUS and he should resign.

This is effed up dude!

Carry on.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Why should any country have to be the leader of the free world?

You cant stop it. It is human nature. There always has been and always will be leaders in this world. There will always be (in the foreseeable future) a country that leads the rest of the world. This is common knowledge to people with an IQ above Gump.

In addition to this, what does that have to do with whether or not the actions of said country is wrong or right?

The U.S. submitted a proposal to the U.N. to be voted on. The U.N. voted no. Big FKING deal. That is not "actions".

Which spicific actions did said leader take that you disagree with?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well, this is awkward. I don't think I ever recalled this amount of objection against US foreign policy since the Iraq war, and even then we had the British and Australians on our side.

But the 2003 war was a biggie with also no UN approval, and built on lies, as it turned out..after how many died?

No, WMD's? It doesn't matter, according to UK prime minister Tony Blair in retrospect...Saddam needed to be taken out...er anyway.

Not many in the UK agreed with what went on, and with the political power leverage re; Iraq, from mainly the US and the UK...but it happened anyway. G.W. even made a joke out of the lack of no WMD's.
What that could show is that Bush pursued a war for his Da, but also something of a revelation that others in established, intel, and government behind the scenes bad actors, pursued a new agenda, (not really new) of disinformation, for God knows what real reason...(aside from oil of course) as for Trump, he just seems more stupid thanG.W. and only more fodder for intel sources who have their own agenda.
Example,
Just yesterday, Trump said, "The only way we are going to lose this election is if the election is rigged" sowing the seeds of rubbish, and using the ordinary guy in his van as an object of suspicion in the first instance...how ridiculously stupid is that?
edit on 17-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

So an organization with member states that condone terrorism and human rights violations

Saudi Arabia criticized by 36 countries over human rights

Saudi Women's rights activist jailed, tortured

What We Know About Saudi Arabia’s Role in 9/11

One of the individuals identified in the pages as a financial supporter of two of the 9/11 hijackers, Osama Bassnan, later received a “significant amount of cash” from “a member of the Saudi Royal Family”

Trump Vetoes Measure to Force End to U.S. Involvement in Yemen War

People sure do love glass houses here don't they?

What next? Israel? Pakistan?

edit on 17-8-2020 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You cant stop it. It is human nature. There always has been and always will be leaders in this world.

The plain and simple fact is this.

Whether or not you believe there is an inevitability to a power inbalance on the world stage is irrelevant to the rights and wrongs of the world.

Wrong and wrong. Playing the less of two evils doesn't change that fact.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You cant stop it. It is human nature. There always has been and always will be leaders in this world.

The plain and simple fact is this.

Whether or not you believe there is an inevitability to a power inbalance on the world stage is irrelevant to the rights and wrongs of the world.

Wrong and wrong. Playing the less of two evils doesn't change that fact.

True,

But, what to do?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

a reply to: NorthOfStuff

So an organization with member states that condone terrorism and human rights violations

Saudi Arabia criticized by 36 countries over human rights

Saudi Women's rights activist jailed, tortured

What We Know About Saudi Arabia’s Role in 9/11

One of the individuals identified in the pages as a financial supporter of two of the 9/11 hijackers, Osama Bassnan, later received a “significant amount of cash” from “a member of the Saudi Royal Family”

Trump Vetoes Measure to Force End to U.S. Involvement in Yemen War

People sure do love glass houses here don't they?

What next? Israel? Pakistan?

Did I say that I didn’t have a problem with that?

Do you have a problem with the UN not continuing sanctions against Iran? Or is it ok because it makes the US and Trump look bad?

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join