It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Longer Leader of the Free World: Trump Admin. Humiliated at UN over Iran Arms Embargo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Not sure what's the next move for the Trump Administration on this. It's going to hard to have any lasting effect on Iran without the consensus and backing of other major powers. That, and the fact Trump's re-election bid is coming up. This position could very well be reversed if we end up with a Biden administration.

We sell them state of the art weapons on the condition they will not be used against the US or Israel. And once that condition is broken, we turn them into a glass parking lot along with any country who objects.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Do you agree with the U.N. Security Council's decision?

Yes.

If so then why?

I think the initial deal with Iran by the 5 major powers was sufficient enough. We had full access to their various nuclear facilities. Iran was required to be flexible when and where.

I also think the US shouldn't be the world police.

Leadership comes in many forms. Force isn't necessarily the only path.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well, if only he had kept up the blackmail payments for the others they would have jumped on board.

They can't afforded to pay their own bills and embargo Iran - They need to cut costs and make money from somewhere.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
Don’t even need to check the link and read the thread to see what you already concluded

ETAsk. Who is the leader of the free world now?

The 'free world' has lots of countries.

Soverign countries.

Free countries.

If they were all under a single leader, then it wouldn't be 'free' would it?

That would be a dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Only America has the power and passion to fight for the freedom of the people of the world, no matter how many of them must die in the process.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
Only America has the power and passion to fight for the freedom of the people of the world, no matter how many of them must die in the process.

Is that what the Trump Administration is doing with Saudi Arabia?
What are women banned from doing in Saudi Arabia?

We seem to be only interested in freedoms when it suits our agenda.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The most important freedom of all is the freedom to only be interested in freedoms when it suits our agenda.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
Why should he be embarrassed? Maybe they should be embarrassed. Or maybe they just love Iran and want them to have nukes. Maybe you do too?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

don't confuse "free world" with ISIS/

Or Iran contra?

Or supporting Saudi Arabia in their proxy wars?

But apparently the rules don't apply to the US. Do as I say ethically, not as I do.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If the rules apply to the U.S., it cannot be free, while if the world doesn't follow the rules the U.S. dictates, it cannot be free.

That's how freedom works, and anyone who thinks differently is an enemy of freedom.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
I just want to know why OP and other left leaning people always assume that Trump supporters only watch Fox News?

Most of us get our news from multiple sources, and that is usually because we like to research and verify what we are told.

What Ive noticed is that many of us on the so-called "right" (basically anyone not inculcated to the prevailing corporate-political belief system) tend to go directly to the source.

If its from a speech, we watch the speech. If its from a research paper, we read the research paper. If theres a question between "riots" or "protests," we watch livestreams of the events throughout a given night. If theres questions about "covid numbers," we follow the data trail or look to someone who has done that specifically (instead of some endpoint aggregate commented on in a media article).

Many that have bought fully into this strange new social group tend to get all information from media sources. Its essentially a third party filter on whats happening in the world (digital veil..).

I think that if media outlets were completely ignored and awareness was raised about digital addiction.. We would be looking at a very, very different social dynamic across the board.

Anyway, I firmly believe the US would be better off ignoring duplicitous organizations like the UN altogether. They are basically part of a group of global corporations that do nothing but establish perpetual funding machines at the expense of the rest of the world. And, they do so by exploiting peoples ideals and trust. Again, many of the people who support orgs like the UN get their info about it all from third party filters who are all part of the same corporate-political apparatus.

Everything from "solving world hunger" to environmentalism are exploited. They give the bare minimum while never actually addressing the core issues, all while gaining more funding and influence year after year.

Of course they are going to side with Iran, or China, etc. Their marketing might be catered towards western sensibilities, but China in particular is currently the closest to their ideal society.

Id suspect they only kept up pretenses because of funding received from the US. In reality, we are the biggest obstacle to them achieving the absolute global totalitarianism they desire.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Members must Stay on Topic!!!

No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Thus the uselessness of the United Nations in general. You have the option to abstain from resolutions, which means you can just sit back and take no position at all. If the UN were a proper organization there would be a yes or no requirement for all votes, no abstaining from any votes, you either vote or you're off the council. I don't think that's asking much, because it shows exactly where your country stands on particular issues.

If it was actual objection then I could see this being a thing, and yes it could be a rebuke of the current US administration. Unfortunately abstaining doesn't really show where a country stands aside from not having enough fortitude to answer yes or no.

Defund the UN...

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Oh guardian your such a lefty , it's cute .

but it also makes everything you post seem biased in the extreme, meaning I cant take it serious.

Play both sides of the fence, be a little objective and I might pay more attention to your topics.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, when Iran attacks one of the European countries with new weapons acquired after the abstaining vote by the countries, then maybe we should not get involved.

Those countries probably did the abstaining as a show that a barter has to be made....that is politics. Europe has always desired to control the USA. We were their military puppet for a long time.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Alien Abduct

We had full access to their various nuclear facilities. Iran was required to be flexible when and where.

Have we?

Iran rejects US call for UN nuclear watchdog to inspect more sites

SOURCE
Iran says military sites are off-limits for nuclear inspections despite U.S. pressure

SOURCE
Iran rejects U.S. demand for U.N. visit to military sites

SOURCE
Iran cancels accreditation of IAEA nuclear inspector

SOURCE
Europeans Push for Iran Rebuke at Nuclear Watchdog Over Inspections

SOURCE

I also think the US shouldn't be the world police.

I thought this was a joint U.N. decision?

If you dont think the U.S. should be the leader then name the country that you think should be. Because believe me if we sit home someone else WILL take the lead, who should it be, China, Russia?

edit on 8/16/2020 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Have we?

Well we did. All those sources point follow Iran's reaction to the Trump Administration's moves below:

In July 2015, an agreement was concluded with Iran, China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union. It provided that Iran's nuclear activities would be limited in exchange for reduced sanctions.[14] According to the JCPOA, every 90 days the President of the United States would certify, among other things, that Iran was adhering to the terms of the agreement.[15] Leading up to the United States' withdrawal, the IAEA asserted that its inspectors had verified that Iran had implemented its nuclear-related commitments since the agreement.[16] Describing the view of the U.S. State Department, assistant secretary for legislative affairs Julia Frifield wrote, "The JCPOA is not a treaty or an executive agreement, and is not a signed document. The JCPOA reflects political commitments between Iran, the P5+1, and the EU."[17]

With the conclusion of the agreement, then-candidate Donald Trump made the renegotiation of the JCPOA one of his main foreign affairs campaign promises,[18] saying at a campaign rally that "this deal, if I win, will be a totally different deal."[19] Trump described the Iran deal as a "disaster",[20] "the worst deal ever",[20] and so "terrible" that could lead to "a nuclear holocaust".[20][21]

Trump election puts Iran nuclear deal on shaky ground

And:

U.S. foreign policy experts express greater disapproval of Trump’s international policies than Americans and global publics

Iran to negotiate with Europeans, Russia and China about remaining in nuclear deal

So what do you expect?

Nationalist arrogance.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Lol, look at you move those goalposts.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

look at you move those goalposts.

If you don't know what those goal posts are, which you clearly don't, why post?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
President Trump has made it very clear in the last few years, that he does not think that the UN is doing it's job and as such in ineffective.

The UN will collectively dump on President Trump any chance they get, because of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join