It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden says the African American community isn't diverse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Think the issue is stereotyping people irrelevant of anything outside of agenda, not a good look.
Imagine saying whites are not diverse, imagine saying whites are al the same
Check this place out, the arguments, the vitriol, white majority her I expect and pretty diverse
Diversity is a good thing, sharpens People’s ideals and ideas, creates conversation and discussions equaling thoughts

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Joe is correct. I spent 20 years in the military and blacks would always huddle together when eating at the chow hall, on leisure. Rarely would they want to hang out with other races. Hispanics, they had no problem. It's not racism either. Just what they do for some reason.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Joe Biden has said on camera that the black community isn't diverse. That doesn't concern you as to his values and mental state? You ignore these critical gaffs out of convenience and deflect toward the OP. If he's upset its because CNN and MSN will likely not report on it the same way they would Trump.
edit on 6-8-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You also have diversity among African Americans, the Nigerian immigrant population has a different set of concerns than African Americans born in the US. You've also got populations from Ethiopia, Ghana, Somalia, and South Africa. We're not even counting those from Caribbean countries yet, or those of African descent that come from Brazil or other South American countries.

If nothing else the Sub-Saharan African immigrant population has been doubling every 10 years or so like clockwork, and I know full well (even after a couple of generations in the US) that their concerns about issues and their values are vastly different from what is normally considered to be African American.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Joe is an idiot. However, in the context of the conversation, he wasn't say anything controversial. Politically, the black community is not diverse. We vote some 90%+ for Democrats election after election. That is all he was saying.

Joe does expose what many of us black conservatives have been saying for a long time. The Democrat party takes the black vote for granted because they know the majority of black people will vote Democrat no matter what which is why they are never held accountable for their failed policies.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

Joe Biden has said on camera that the black community isn't diverse. That doesn't concern you as to his values and mental state?

No , why should it.

You ignore these critical gaffs out of convenience and deflect toward the OP.

Critical gaff or matter of opinion ?
Thought you guys were against political correctness , he also said "with notable exceptions" so he wasn't referencing the whole African American community.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You pretty much need to be on the short bus to not see the establishment running Trump.
Biden is unelectable and advertising it daily.
The game is rigged.
Pick establishment or communism is their pitch.
"The gd hidden enemy!"
"The evil left!"
The whole thing needs ended if this path continues.
We need the political disease cut from the US.
I don't know how many more of these pseudo-intellectual debates over who is the least lying politician I can back, I can handle.
I'm over it.
These people want your money, your kids @ss and then your kids money.

edit on 8 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

So he's basically saying he has to work a lot harder for the Latino vote, the Black voters are already in the bag. Still sounds pretty condescending to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: Edumakated

So he's basically saying he has to work a lot harder for the Latino vote, the Black voters are already in the bag. Still sounds pretty condescending to me.

It is condescending but also factual...

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: NightVision

Joe Biden has said on camera that the black community isn't diverse. That doesn't concern you as to his values and mental state?

No , why should it.

You ignore these critical gaffs out of convenience and deflect toward the OP.

Critical gaff or matter of opinion ?
Thought you guys were against political correctness , he also said "with notable exceptions" so he wasn't referencing the whole African American community.

The ones he was referencing will have a problem with it.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
That's right. It's because your little Lilley white ancestors kidnapped and enslaved a homogeneous African group.
Go and kick yourself in the face for that Joe!
Nothing you can do about it.

You spelled "selling out your own people by selling them for guns, spices and jewelery" wrong.

Independent thought is almost a thing of the past it seems. I think if Joe Biden wins this election, fairly, it will reinforce that thought.

I'm with the other posters in believing that if he wins his vp will take over shortly after being inaugurated.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The Black people are diverse, there are many types of black people. There are neighborhood social structures, but that happens with all people.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You like AC/DC so you can't be completely out of touch. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. I'm just worried about you man.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: trollz

While the handling of Cuban relationships may be important to Latinos in Florida, it may be of little consequence to Latino populations in Arizona, California, ect.

African American issues are more consistent from state to state, in my opinion. For example, I don't care what state they're from, most African Americans planning on voting for Joe Biden in November are not going to drop everything and vote for Kanye West for president, just because he's a black man.

So this gets more in the African American community to come out and vote? Biden is gonna need Obama turn out to have a chance comments like this don't help

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
He didnt say diversity... he said diversity of THOUGHT ???

Damn...

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Seriously they should keep Ol uncle Joe in the basement , sedated and handcuffed to a gurney , bringing him out only in Jan for swearing in, but this is how bad Trump and most Reps are, that they are currently getting their asses handed to them by that guy??? ....Yeah that guy!!! the polar opposite of what happened to the Dems in 2016...

edit on 7-8-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff.quote

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
He didnt say diversity... he said diversity of THOUGHT ???

Damn...

Yep, sounds to me like he saying black people are stupid aside from the odd exception.

That is how slave owners used to think.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join