It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump suggests delay to 2020 US presidential election

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think the same. Maybe that is what China is waiting for.

Maybe not just China, but I think you hit the nail on the head.

Funnily enough, while I'll often say we're just a shell of what we used to be, and with great confidence... That shell is still too hard for anyone to conquer, which in and of itself is a testament to what we have/had.

The only way other entities can bring us down is from the inside. They need America divided and to tear itself from within. The caveat to that is I'd say we could do that and have a positive outcome if we did it right, something I strongly doubt, but only under the context we keep all/most of the tenets we were founded on. With all that said, our trajectory seems to be going swimmingly for interests held by parties or entities that are not our own.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You made me wonder if NY and California will accept Trump's reelection.

I personally think he is going to lose badly and the right will be the ones howling about conspiracies.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: StallionDuck

Doesn't matter who you vote for, a sane person can't deny that he's right.

I beg to disagree though I suppose by the standards you put forth in that quote I am insane. So why would you even listen to me or anyone else who disagrees. Kind of puts you into a corner don't you think? Believing that all people who disagree with Trump on this issue are not sane?

You need not reply to this post for obvious reasons, you would be arguing with an insane person.

Never said I myself didn't seem insane at one time or another.

Remember... It's not always about "you". Don't nitpick on the one part of my opinion that is really here nor there. It's my opinion that people are missing the point. Doesn't really mean I believe those people are idiots. Simply I just dont understand in MY mind-sight how it can be any other way. Doesn't mean I'll stop listening to you.

You're focusing on semantics.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

IMHO, This is just Donald Trump trying to dominate a news cycle, on the day of John Lewis funeral. President George W Bush, President Clinton and President Barrack Obama will be giving eulogies.

Plus, Herman Cain passed away today.

But hey! Here we are talking about Donald Trump's vain ideocracy!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Seems like Trump is going to try wiping his backside with the American Constitution just because he wants to be like the people he most admires, Winnie the pooh and Putin.
Lets see all the Trumpeters lap it up and make loads of excuses for him and welcome their new over-lord Dictator Trump whilst he takes away all their freedoms!

edit on 30-7-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You made me wonder if NY and California will accept Trump's reelection.

I personally think he is going to lose badly and the right will be the ones howling about conspiracies.

Hrm, I'm of the opposite opinion, that the country is tired of the extremists' whining & destruction, and will probably swing away from the left & Trumpo will have a second term out of angry spite at this rate. Not gonna lie, I've considered dumping my vote in his lap because I'm sick of this crybaby bullcrap and just don't care to hear the whining and demands, it's not anything remotely legit anymore because they've gone verbally abusive & high pressure on everyone.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: network dude

Why would i be up in arms? Trump trolling and the left vs right MSM are the problem.

The issue is that trump is apart of the msm dominating the headlines with junk. He has the power to shift conversations with tweets but fails miserably.

Well, your boy is trying to steal the dead folks thunder as well.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder if this angers you as well, or are you just angry at OMB? It's cool, I already know the answer.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Is he playing a game here?
He must know that the Democrats will automatically oppose any suggestion that comes from him. Is this a way of deterring them from making the proposal themselves?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Hrm, I'm of the opposite opinion, that the country is tired of the extremists' whining & destruction, and will probably swing away from the left & Trumpo will have a second term out of angry spite at this rate. Not gonna lie, I've considered dumping my vote in his lap because I'm sick of this crybaby bullcrap and just don't care to hear the whining and demands, it's not anything remotely legit anymore because they've gone verbally abusive & high pressure on everyone.

I get it, I'm basing my opinion on Trump being his own worst enemy and not knowing how to STFU and let other people hang themselves.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ahahahaha classic Trump.

Dems: COVID is so bad schools can't open.
Dems: COVID is so bad we need to have another shut down, close it all

Trump: Hey, if COVID is that bad maybe we should delay the elections

Liberals: ZOMGGGGGGGGGGGG11!!!!11

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Only read two pages of this thread so far and I have to say I'm quite surprised - and as a result somewhat pleasantly reassured - that some people who I have previously considered Trump acolytes seem to disagree with Trump on this.

If there's a problem with the voting system then fix it.
And I personally can't help but be suspicious of the timing of this. He's had three and half years to voice his concerns and do something about it, why wait until the eve of the election before doing so?

At the moment I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but I do think it'd be prudent to nip this in the bud and prevent the suggestion gaining any sort of momentum.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It doesn't appear so. He has hired very questionable people in the past. He is not doing anything to change the wars in Afghanistan or Iraq. Increased drone strikes (resulting in higher civilian injuries and deaths), and propped up a weapons deal to saudi arabia amist the news of them killing a journalist.

The picture im seeing is that Trump, like POTUSes before him, is putting in his own people to power and giving the military industrial complex what they want ; forever wars and weapon deals with morally bankrupt countries.

The only people who seem to think he is draining the swamp as promised are those who drink Qanon's kool aid. A conspiracy which has failed to live up to any big previous calims like arresting the clintons or other big names.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

My boy? I don't like Biden either.

Trump is POTUS though and he has had 3+ years to get his sh!t together but he is the same guy he was before the presidency. Still putting out tweets without much thought and/or still trolling the media to dominate the headlines.

If biden becomes POTUS i will probably be criticizing him.

Trump may be a better candidate than joe, but that doesn't mean you have to not call trump out.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Don't nitpick on the one part of my opinion that is really here nor there.

You left little else to focus on Duck. You posted two sentences, the first of which was rather short in which you said you agreed with Trump. Fine. What else was there to reply to, what points could be made about it that you would not already have taken into account in forming your opinion. You agree with Trump, end of chapter.

Your second sentence was a mite longer in which you emphatically claimed that sane people cannot deny that he, and you, are right. Now, while you may consider that statement as neither here nor there, it really does shoot straight to the heart of the matter. It demonstrates a dramatic either/or manner of thinking. Some call this ''my way or the highway'' thinking, more simply put, ''I'm right and you are wrong''. End of that chapter. It needs no further consideration.

And while surely we all fall prey to this form of thinking, your statement demonstrates that you have taken it to another level. Sane and insane. i'm not making any of this up Duck, I'm not psychoanalyzing you or pretending to be an expert on anything. Rather just making a comment to an overly rambunctious statement.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Ahahahaha classic Trump.

Dems: COVID is so bad schools can't open.
Dems: COVID is so bad we need to have another shut down, close it all

Trump: Hey, if COVID is that bad maybe we should delay the elections

Liberals: ZOMGGGGGGGGGGGG11!!!!11

Better POTUS :
"I want bipartisan support to examine voter laws so we can have the most accurate election yet. Some laws that need to be fixed are ;.... and ......

Let's show the world why we have the best democratic process!"

Something like that which unites both parties and doesn't seek left vs right drama.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Don't nitpick on the one part of my opinion that is really here nor there.

You left little else to focus on Duck. You posted two sentences, the first of which was rather short in which you said you agreed with Trump. Fine. What else was there to reply to, what points could be made about it that you would not already have taken into account in forming your opinion. You agree with Trump, end of chapter.

Your second sentence was a mite longer in which you emphatically claimed that sane people cannot deny that he, and you, are right. Now, while you may consider that statement as neither here nor there, it really does shoot straight to the heart of the matter. It demonstrates a dramatic either/or manner of thinking. Some call this ''my way or the highway'' thinking, more simply put, ''I'm right and you are wrong''. End of that chapter. It needs no further consideration.

And while surely we all fall prey to this form of thinking, your statement demonstrates that you have taken it to another level. Sane and insane. i'm not making any of this up Duck, I'm not psychoanalyzing you or pretending to be an expert on anything. Rather just making a comment to an overly rambunctious statement.

Mountains and molehills, man.

Look... It's simple. I think the guy is right because of the obvious. The same things we've been saying over and over here for years.

Mail order voting is all too obvious in what could go wrong. But I'm hearing people say "How bad could it be".

Again... It's a dumb idea for obvious reasons. You have ZERO in the way of accountability by accepting a mailed in ballot. You can't verify like you would as though you were in person. The way it's been done forever.

Name on a list? ID with you? ok... Go ahead, you're next.

as opposed to....

4500 ballots just came in. Let's count, cause we know they're all legit.

Obvious.

I'm sorry... Maybe my obvious is only obvious to me. Or maybe just to smart people. Or maybe.... "Your idea here". Why not? This is where you put words in my mouth. Go on, you want to. I can smell it!

Now I feel like I've wasted a crap ton of my time laying out what I thought was obvious among adults. Sorry... Didn't mean to group you all up with the smart people. I hate that you had to make a fuss about it before I realized that we all aren't the same and some of us are smarter than some of you...

That is the way you wanna take it so I figured I'd beat you to it and give you want you wanted to begin with.

There wasn't much to focus on. Snale Mail ballots without no way of verifying - Great idea! Not so much... THAT is my focus. Period.

Can you understand how a grown adult would want to wear diapers and get fed a bottle for some kind of weird fetish? Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either. For those that do... Bless your heart. You have fun with that.

No ill feelings... Just stay over there!

Now you know how I feel when someone says, "this mail in thing sounds like a good idea - I don't see the big deal".

If you don't agree - Don't agree. I'm not exactly going to be at your place later to bend your arm and demand that you respect my athoritar! You're giving the reach of my power far more credit than you should.

Fine. What else was there to reply to, what points could be made about it that you would not already have taken into account in forming your opinion. You agree with Trump, end of chapter.

Let's discuss the color red on that apple.... It's red. So what else should we talk about? I mean, the subject IS the color of the apple. I don't understand how you need to breathe more life into something than exists or needs to be. I'm tryin my best to write more to give you more substance to understand where I'm coming from.

Ultimately, wasn't the answer to agree or not agree? I thought that was the point of the OP? Damn... I hate when I'm wrong! This changes everything!

It wasn't for all loss. I mean, I did come out of this finding out that a whole nother level just means having 2 options to choose from. (Yeah - I'm still trying to wrap my head around this).

I agree that you're 'not' psychoanalyzing me, at least not doing a very good job of it but I do think you're trying.

Or... maybe I just had too much to smoke or drink last night and none of what you're saying is making any sense to me so it's seriously reaching while trying to put something together that intelligent going off of what I 'think' you're trying to say, but very poorly or you were doing what I'm doing right now.... Grasping for words that make no sense in hopes that you make some sense of it and go on your marry way thinking that I knew what YOU were talking about the whole time.

Or... or... Maybe I'm just smarter?

Or... Or... Or... Yeah... I'm still scratching my head, wondering why I even care to go this far down the 'stoopid hole' with you.

I probably could have again, saved us a lot of time by saying... 'Dude... what ever are you on about?!'.

Hope you're happy now. All this life just wasted when I could have been thinking about Liz Hurley... So much better way to be spending my work time than trying to understand 'dumb' with you.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: projectvxn

Then why is his campaign encouraging it as well? I can't post a picture of the email but you can have a link. The email notes the Republican primary and Presidential election using a Republican mail in vote.

Link

Trump isn't. I don't run his campaign so maybe they can figure that one out.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I guess that as you are at work, I'll not bother you any longer.
Later Duck.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Is Absentee voting the same as mail in voting?, if so how come the following have used it before but Trump is now suggesting its open to fraud

Bill Barr,Mike Pence and his wife,Ronna McDaniel, Kayleigh McEnany,Jared kushner, Ivanka Trump,Melania trump, Betsy Devos,Larry Kudlow,Wilbur Ross, Brad Parscale and Trump himself have all voted by mail

Also if an election does not take place as Augustus has pointed out Trump would have to leave office on the 20th and the rights/ATS's favourite woman Nancy comes in, then Senate Pro Tempore which is senator of majority party with longest record of continuous service who is currently Republican Chuck Grassley

So I doubt the election will be moved as if anything we should ALL be able to agree on, is Trump loves power and the seat he currently has to much

There already exists a way to vote absentee. But you can also vote in person if you choose to. Why would we need to change anything to have a fair vote? Why this push to UNIVERSAL MAIL IN VOTING? I want to cast my vote in person, not in the mail.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Too funny. If this was a Dem it would be 1000 posts deep with people fantasizing how they are going to use their 2nd amendment right to stop him. Instead it's mostly crickets while they furiously tell you why COVID is a scam in other threads.

I love the excuse... well the Dems say we need more stay at home orders. Doesn't matter, they aren't in control. When the person in control wants to delay an election so they can maintain control you are dealing with a dictator. Old ATS would understand that.

He's still saying COVID will disappear one day, yea when there is a real cure that works on everyone. So we just put off the election until then and you'll claim you were right about COVID? Right...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join