It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump suggests delay to 2020 US presidential election

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Just move all of the polling stations to Federal Courthouses, problem solved.

Thanks to idiots in Portland, that may not be the best idea right now.

“STEP AWAY FROM THE BUILDING!”

“But I’m here to vote!”

“Vote these rubber bullets off your face!”

“But I’m voting for Trump!”

“YOU’RE NOT COMPLYING! GET IN THE VAN!”

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Yup I work in a ICU, seen plenty of COVID deaths.

COVID-19 is not a hoax, you can debate about how its being dealt with, but calling it a hoax makes you sound like the guy screaming the earth is flat.

Perhaps you never meant to call it a all out hoax.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
I sure hope it's not delayed.

The sooner the election, the sooner the Dems & MSM give up the Covid hoax.

I know right, freaking COVID hoax, only impacting America.
It's not like any other country around the world had deaths, cases or lockdowns from it. .

MAGA 4 Life!

Democrats are some truely evil geniuses if they are able to pull off a worldwide hoax!

They are evil, but the genius is not the Democrat POLITICIANS.

That's why that theiry doesn't make sense though. All this masterplanning and conspiracy to stop a POTUS who isn't really doing much to change the status quo.

That's why Qanon snd other 5-d trump conspiracys do not make sense.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Actually am kinda curious about this

As someone who believes Covid 19 is a "hoax" what would you make then of Trump using this "hoax" as an excuse to delay the election?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
As someone who believes Covid 19 is a "hoax" what would you make then of Trump using this "hoax" as an excuse to delay the election?

Careful now!

That is close to dividing by zero.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Arnie123

I'm on the fence with this and will see what others think.

One of the reasons is mail in voting.
I have a big problem with that.
If it has been OK for soldiers, AND politicians, etc, it should be OK for everyone.
If there is fraud (which studies show there hasn't been a lot)
Then things should be done to fix it.

The only experience I personally have with vote by mail is in the last few months; our states primary was heald by mail as well as the school budget vote.... we never received our mail-in ballots for each of those votes.

I guess that's technically not fraud unless one can prove the intent of the person(s) mailing out the ballots; but the result is the same ... our votes weren't counted.

Has their been studies on the error rate in the first year mail in voting is enacted 6 months prior to an election? If so can you link them?

The school board must have had multiple complaints about mail in ballots not being sent out because they made several announcements about how to contact them incase you didn't get your ballot... including pushing the deadline to submit twice. I reached out to them twice and still did not receive our ballots. Oddly enough their was recorded turn out this year with an overwhelming majority voting for the new budget. I personally don't mind the new budget as I have school aged kids that will benefit from it; but the area historically votes down budgets and winds up with the contingency budget.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Doesn't matter who you vote for, a sane person can't deny that he's right.

I beg to disagree though I suppose by the standards you put forth in that quote I am insane. So why would you even listen to me or anyone else who disagrees. Kind of puts you into a corner don't you think? Believing that all people who disagree with Trump on this issue are not sane?

You need not reply to this post for obvious reasons, you would be arguing with an insane person.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think he's trying to get people fired up as usual and it's working. Front page on cnn of course.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Sorry, no. If we can freaking go to Walmart we can go vote.

This # isn't rocket science. I'm sick of our rights beings smashed over this damned virus.

Election day is November 3rd. I want to physically vote. Not mail in voting. Not absentee ballots. In person voting.

I'm glad to see your take on this. And I find it refreshing.

As a little side question though, and I only ask because I know your post history... Would you humor a vote that wasn't in person if it had a blockchain infrastructure? While I personally like the analog way of doing almost anything, I still try to look at things honestly. And if I do that, I have to humor that one day a new system may be more reliable and trustworthy than the existing.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

The Trump campaign has sent out emails encouraging voters to get their mail in ballots,

And that's Trump in a nutshell ain't it? Good if for me, bad if for anyone else.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Is Absentee voting the same as mail in voting?, if so how come the following have used it before but Trump is now suggesting its open to fraud

Bill Barr,Mike Pence and his wife,Ronna McDaniel, Kayleigh McEnany,Jared kushner, Ivanka Trump,Melania trump, Betsy Devos,Larry Kudlow,Wilbur Ross, Brad Parscale and Trump himself have all voted by mail

Also if an election does not take place as Augustus has pointed out Trump would have to leave office on the 20th and the rights/ATS's favourite woman Nancy comes in, then Senate Pro Tempore which is senator of majority party with longest record of continuous service who is currently Republican Chuck Grassley

So I doubt the election will be moved as if anything we should ALL be able to agree on, is Trump loves power and the seat he currently has to much

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Since I am well versed in blockchain technology, yes.

Blockchain systems for elections should be commonplace already.

In fact, if they wanted the election to be secure they would already be implementing blockchain. It's not as though BC based voting technology doesn't exist.

coincentral.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I have a soft spot for the idea. It screams liberty and decentralization of power. It also makes fiscal sense in the grand scheme of things. I can't imagine how much we'd save with better and quicker results.

The inner libertarian in me is elated just thinking about it. Only the stubborn part of me that likes analog ways to things is reserved on the idea. There is something to be said about fulfilling ones civic duties via showing up and casting a vote. If we discuss downsides, which I feel is only fair and right... It does distance ourselves from community just a hair, which we've been doing on almost every level.

Ideally I'd like to see people take active steps to find how we keep community as we decide how to restructure our society. I think we see a lot of backlash due to our constant isolation of ourselves under the guise of being more connected. The irony is an odd one.

All that said, if I weigh it out... I'm for it.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You made me wonder if NY and California will accept Trump's reelection.

Because I'm kind of convinced that federal government wouldn't accept Biden.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You made me wonder if NY and California will accept Trump's reelection.

Because I'm kind of convinced that federal government wouldn't accept Biden.

The fallout of November in my opinion is guaranteed no matter the results.

We've backed ourselves into such a corner, that no matter the results, I personally feel there will be unrest.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Arnie123

I'm on the fence with this and will see what others think.

One of the reasons is mail in voting.
I have a big problem with that.
If it has been OK for soldiers, AND politicians, etc, it should be OK for everyone.
If there is fraud (which studies show there hasn't been a lot)
Then things should be done to fix it.

This is a good point, if there is fraud the surly the solution is to fix the the loopholes causing the fraud and and tighten up the security regarding postal voting rather than postponing the vote.

Doing that would make it easier for people to vote.
I have a feeling that some people don't want other people to have an easy time voting.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Sorry, no. If we can freaking go to Walmart we can go vote.

In a free country the people would have a choice.

You want to force us all to vote the way you believe is the safest?
Sounds very unfree.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Of course they don't. I think it was in Mississippi where the election commissioner said the black community was doing too many voter drives, and that the "people of Mississippi " need to get involved too. As if too many black people voting is a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: opethPA

I know right, freaking COVID hoax, only impacting America.
It's not like any other country around the world had deaths, cases or lockdowns from it. .

MAGA 4 Life!

Democrats are some truely evil geniuses if they are able to pull off a worldwide hoax!

They are evil, but the genius is not the Democrat POLITICIANS.

That's why that theiry doesn't make sense though. All this masterplanning and conspiracy to stop a POTUS who isn't really doing much to change the status quo.

That's why Qanon snd other 5-d trump conspiracys do not make sense.

That's because it takes YEARS to drain the swamp, and "they" know President Trump is, and will continue to do so. Leading right to the corruption in the top levels of government. He's promised it for 20+ years.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think the same. Maybe that is what China is waiting for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join