It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America needs the draft again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Nope, don't want them.

We have enough dirtbags to deal with, we don't need more that don't even want to be here.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: stonerwilliam

When I was a kid I passionately opposed National Service.

I look at the number of knobheads around nowadays and their complete lack of regard and respect for anything or anyone, their selfish attutude, lack of passion and originality, their sense of entitlement and snowflake hyper sensitivities and I know that sometihng urgent and drastic has to be done.
I don't see why a year or two of National Service wouldn't help prevent this slide.

We also have stop the politically correct nonsense that is increasingly affecting every aspect of our society.

I really do despair at times.

Lol
Kids are jackasses these days, FORCE them into servitude.
Lol slavery much?

Kids are idiots now that cannot tune a radio , know where milk comes from or use a tape measure , i grew up on a farm some days in the summer i shot 100s of rabbits , skinned and gutted them and was doing 50+ hours a week at 12 years old

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
God yes... but can we wait till I retire in about 14 months..

We need more kids to get out of the nation for a bit and realize everything they are whining about are first world problems and there are a lot of people in the world that think our dirt poor are rich.

That doesnt mean we cant do it better but we are doing pretty bloody good up to this point.

That is the problem Irishhaf not many of them have been out of the hood or away from Mammys aipron , show them the real horrors

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I'm all for skills training and for national service programs that fill that role.

I don't want to encroach on active duty components or NG. I also believe it would be extremely helpful during times of crisis if people had some skills beyond crying on Twitter for help.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

We had a thing here called YOP in the uk YOUTH opportunities programme , it fixed the country up cheap ,got kids working and out of bed and motivated ,

Worked for me back in the day , made me a better man , it should be brought back asap

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

If they were to start the draft either make it at the age of 21 or lower the drinking age back to 18 like it was under the last draft age

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
You post is poorly thought out.
No reason for forced labor.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

If they were to start the draft either make it at the age of 21 or lower the drinking age back to 18 like it was under the last draft age

Long time ago a friend passed me a pint and wished me happy birthday the bar-maid who i had known for 3 + years asked me how old i was i told her 18 , her face dropped and the bar erupted in laughter and my mam gave me a cuddle , Ina just laughed but i was getting served at 13 in other bars in the town i was 5,11 then

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm not saying I want them serving on the front line - I'd much prefer there to be no front line at all to be fighting on.

And no-one is suggesting that they be enslaved or anything remotely like that.
You seem to have plucked that out of thin air......I wonder why?

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You post is poorly thought out.
No reason for forced labor.

[/quote

There is in my world bud things get done

www.abovetopsecret.com...

At the age of 20 i was giving order to the men who had trained me

I am a total xxxt

I get the job done

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Back in the day I was visiting stoner head bars at the age of 16 never going in just scoring out in the parking lots, and I was not buying a beer. drank a lot of laced wine though.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Nope, don't want them.

We have enough dirtbags to deal with, we don't need more that don't even want to be here.

Don't want them in the military but there ought to be some kind of national service organization that has military type fundementals and basic training.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm not saying I want them serving on the front line - I'd much prefer there to be no front line at all to be fighting on.

And no-one is suggesting that they be enslaved or anything remotely like that.
You seem to have plucked that out of thin air......I wonder why?

Forcing someone to work against their will is not slavery?
Really?
Or will those drafted not have to work?

No thanks
Not here

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Forced labor is bad.
Sorry you do not understand that.
No thanks
Not here.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Back in the day I was visiting stoner head bars at the age of 16 never going in just scoring out in the parking lots, and I was not buying a beer. drank a lot of laced wine though.

I was a total straight head until i was 21
then someone handed me a J and its party on dude

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: watchitburn
Nope, don't want them.

Don't want them in the military but there ought to be some kind of national service organization that has military type fundementals and basic training.

Totally agree with that , get them out and working in local projects after the 6 weeks of keep fit and social interaction , beats having them sell on the street corner

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Forced labor is bad.
Sorry you do not understand that.
No thanks
Not here.

That is why there is the problems there is now in our respective countries , people stopped giving a xxxx and go soft on the youth we now have soy boys etc etc

Time to get tough again

To those old allies whose cultural and spiritual origins we share, we pledge the loyalty of faithful friends. United, there is little we cannot do in a host of cooperative ventures. Divided, there is little we can do — for we dare not meet a powerful challenge at odds and split asunder.

JFK
edit on 19/7/2020 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I left school in '82 right at the peak of Thatcher's destruction of the UK's manufacturing and engineering industries.
Here in North East England there were no jobs anywhere.
Nearly all the pits had been closed down, the steel works and shipyards etc had all shut.

Many of my friends joined up but I was unable to as I'm colour blind and I was born partially deaf in both ears.

My first 'job' was through the YOP scheme as a panel beater.
The owner of the garage used to give me an extra £5 a week and when I passed my driving test he used to let me go fill his Mercedes up with petrol - I'd never seen anything like a Merc until I started work there.
One of the guys I worked with had been a Desert Rat and was one of the first Allied soldiers in to Belsen....he told me some eye opening tales.

When that finished I had to learn fast how to scratch a living....any way possible.
It was what they used to call 'character building'.

Kids today do get it all far too easy.

I wouldn't want it to go back to how it was when I was growing up - it could be really brutal at times - but something has to be done.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wouldn't be a bad idea to have 2 years mandatory across the board service that transfers over as college credits. Would build character, work ethic, morals and values if instituted correctly.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I left school in '82 right at the peak of Thatcher's destruction of the UK's manufacturing and engineering industries.
Here in North East England there were no jobs anywhere.
Nearly all the pits had been closed down, the steel works and shipyards etc had all shut.

Many of my friends joined up but I was unable to as I'm colour blind and I was born partially deaf in both ears.

My first 'job' was through the YOP scheme as a panel beater.
The owner of the garage used to give me an extra £5 a week and when I passed my driving test he used to let me go fill his Mercedes up with petrol - I'd never seen anything like a Merc until I started work there.
One of the guys I worked with had been a Desert Rat and was one of the first Allied soldiers in to Belsen....he told me some eye opening tales.

When that finished I had to learn fast how to scratch a living....any way possible.
It was what they used to call 'character building'.

Kids today do get it all far too easy.

I wouldn't want it to go back to how it was when I was growing up - it could be really brutal at times - but something has to be done.

Exactly my upbringing when i was a nipper hail the yoppers £ 25 quid a week , you got a extra 5£ you lucky bugger Desert rats i gave the body guard of Monty a apprenticeship 51st highland :cheers

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join