It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America needs the draft again

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I was born and bred in Luton. If you look up Luton, you will know it does not have the best reputation. Lime you, my family struggled when I was younger, but it was my parents, esp my dad that taught me how to live my life, to be a good person, to work hard etc

You need to have that frame of mind too. How many people do militery service, come back and end up being homeless, criminals or suffer from some form of mental illness, and how many of them do not get help?

Well, I know a lot of them do not get the help they need because that is the reason we have charities like the royal British legion. There to help, we the government do not.

That's not pride or respect, even though they might grill that into your head in training or ehen you first sign up.

If you want to insist, then do it, it's your choice if people want too, but no way in hell should they be making it that you have too.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

You are right....but that has nothing to do with the point the OP or I have been trying to make.

I've been to Luton...we'll leave it there.

There's nothing wrong with a little military discipline and square bashing.
We've never advocated sending them to theatres of war.....expecially one's that have nothing whatsoever to do with this country and only serve to further the agenda of the select elites.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Everyone fills out and signs a selective services card.

The argument that this is anti-liberty is nonsense.

You cannot have liberty you aren't able to or even willing to defend. We have spent so much time focusing on the first half of liberty (rights) without much consideration of what it takes to defend it, which is the other half (responsibility).
edit on 7 21 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

You are right....but that has nothing to do with the point the OP or I have been trying to make.

We've never advocated sending them to theatres of war.....expecially one's that have nothing whatsoever to do with this country and only serve to further the agenda of the select elites.

Well, hour personality is pretty much made in school, so would it make more sense for our givernment to pump more money into schools, which at the moment is not happening. Also, a lot of it is to do with your upbringing and the cry of of parents you have.

Where I was brought up, some parents used to brag becsuse their teenage sin was a well known criminal in marsh farm . Stupid breeds stupid, and that his what need a to change also.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Raggedyman

Even if they can’t handle the physical demands of the front lines they can fly...etc..

It's obvious you have never pulled 7 sustained Gs. I would invite you to take a look at the requirements for a Class I flight physical exam or the details of the USAF flight physical. I do suspect, though, that bone spurs would not be disqualifying, although abject cowarice might be.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The thing is with this patriotism like when you saw for example after 9-11, they fight with pride and thinking they do the right thing but when they go back home and have problems you are just nothing. Not worth spending money treating disorders because of the things they saw and experienced. Not giving them a paycheck each month since they ain't able to work anymore with their disabilities and so very often ending on the streets alone and dying alone.

The government doesn't care about their veterans in the US it seems. So you have this anti patriotism from the government towards the people who fought those dirty wars with patriotism in their hearths far far away ending often on the streets as they are dirt.

About 11% of the adult homeless population are veterans in the US suffering from mental illnesses and/or physical disability's.

Defense is so important for the economy today and if there wouldn't be wars or tensions it would be an economical disaster, they don't want peace with for example N-Korea. They wan't to sell weapons/equipment (to S-Korea and keeping tensions with China alive) and such, it's basically not about people. People just ain't important. This also you see in society in a whole, people don't care about others, let alone some homeless (veteran) men, which are just dirt in their eyes mostly.

Same thing kinda with this corona crisis, the rescue package is mainly about protecting bad loans from banks and big company's, keeping them afloat.
You be a patriotic, for what? The government isn't their for the people, big money and money interest only and more homeless people for sure.

Be patriotic and be proud for nothing really.
edit on 21-7-2020 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Isreal values the jewish people - it uses the service to make them stronger - America doesnt have a national ID and would use people as chattle - Vietnam is a great example of why you cant give the government the power to compel people to fight - first of all they wont fight as hard and you can send them up hamburger hill to die because its not you or your little senator son baby getting blown up by an rpg.

Speaking from personal experience I'm not going to war in iraq after a bunch of saudis fly planes into our buildings but if china starts landing troops, boyeii I'm not even going to sign up for service and make the army liable for gross violations of the geneva convention - I'm talking an ocean of pitch and midevil implements headed towards Beijing atop my home made dirty bomb.
edit on 22-7-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Our education system is the breeding ground of the political correctness that is turning out the snowflake generation and their counter part the feral chav.

Our education needs a radical overhaul with a change of focus.
We need to return to some solid, disciplined practices - no, I'm not talking about corporal punishment - and put a bit of emphasis on educating our children in real life social and life skills along with giving them the tools and knowledge fit to meet actual employment requirements.

It would also help if we tried to halt the break up of the traditional family unit and family values along with breaking away from the self-centred, me me me, posession obsessed society we have become.

But none of that is going to happen anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

I was merely suggesting that the youth of today who cannot afford to move out of the basement because of a shortage of affordable housing , jobs and looming automation and millions of job losses on the horizon Get the same level of care as we did 30-40 years ago , not turn them into mad killing machines of the future , but they are there already with the shoot em up games they play 18 hours of the day .

Western governments are botching this badly and the private sector has dropped the ball badly , Government of the UK starts a project sends out tenders and the bill for a hundred miles or so of HS2 goes from 30 to 100 + billion they cannot be trusted to do something on time and on budget . we need the army to take over for the organizational skills and rather than pay 40-70k a year to keep some of them in Jail , You invest in housing jobs and infrastructure Just like China did you pay the youth a bit more than benefits would give them for a period of 2 years then send some to college to do what they want for a 2 year window they are still only 20-21 years old That is 4 years of medical care they might not have got and it sure beats paying them to stay home on unemployment and play games

YOU CANT FORCE PEOPLE TO DO WHAT YOU WANT, JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK THEY SHOULD!!!!!!

China is a sick rotten country run by greedy end evil retards, if you want to be like them, you should move to china - your gonna love it...

Also, please tell me again how forcing kids in the USA into the army, where they will go to war, are gonna save the youth in the UK?[/quote

They UK government does force people to work for nothing with no job prospects at the end of their trial because the employer gets a new free no wage slave at the end of the trial and it keeps the 100.000s of thousands of youth figures of the books as does college which is good for 7 + years ,Ps i talk to young

www.independent.co.uk...

China may be what it is But they sure could throw up the housing ,Building a city the size of Boston every month and have no housing shortage like we do in the Uk or America .Let the kiddies loose with 3D building tech

A sIx to eight week course on keep fit at the start just like in the forces , then off to a trade school /new deal building site to sort out the wheat from the chaff among them , if they are only good for pushing a broom so be it but you give them 3 month block release to do a job/skill , That way you find out who would be better what they are good at Doctors ,builders ,engineers etc this is not rocket science or anything new but old school stuff , What they get out of it is Guaranteed housing and a cleaner life and the life skills to match and 4 years down the line you see positive results from the action guaranteed , A fitter ,leaner.more positive youth with life skills a few % of them are talented and would be great at MILITARY service life you offer a 22 year contract to those guys/girls You get the doctors teachers builders and all the workers you need unemployment goes to near 0 %

Because society is getting messed over because of greed and corruption etc etc etc on a grand scale , you would think it was a conspiracy or something .

Young people not being able to tune in a radio or use a tape measure or know where milk comes from was never a problem
and social media was the great outdoors back in the day Some people might call this a BAD IDEA ,some a ISM ,But at the end of the day it takes this simple responsibility away from the Public/Private /Governmental sectors who are doing a very poor service to we the people .imho

On the job training produced a better worker again imho and it would save them from doing a job they hated just to pay the bills like the rest of the older mortals do in life .

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

IT;S weird only us fellow former Yoppers get this

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I totally agree, even just a two year stint and in return they get some of that government sponsored health care or education. The longer you serve the more benefits you become eligible for.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
According to the Smithsonian Institution i am now a racist for calling for hard work and rationality

www.realclearpolicy.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AssiduousSpook

You'll have the anti immigrant crowd in an uproar.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join