It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's White Purge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I hope so. Obviously there is a breaking down of law & order (and reason,) especially in Democrat states. But the public has certainly stepped away from the propaganda and modern book burning of their beloved franchises. Lawsuits may be a good way to fight back.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Yeah. It's such a shame they turn a blind eye to all criticism of their choices. They are all huddled around an ideology cloud (in a manner of speaking.) All resistance to their collective ambitions is assumed evil or flat out wrong, no question about it at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: openminded2011

I hope so. Obviously there is a breaking down of law & order (and reason,) especially in Democrat states. But the public has certainly stepped away from the propaganda and modern book burning of their beloved franchises. Lawsuits may be a good way to fight back.

Democrats control the courts . Police in NYC arr arresting rioters. But the liberal judges are letting them go.
Democrats are at war

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Every commerical in tv must and will feature a person of color.
But everyday they call, email, send letters demanding these things.

My friend who made a semi successful independent movie created
the movie based on his experience. His friends were white but he
was Forced to make one black if he wanted the movie to be given clearance.

This has happened is the hospitals,.schools and politics.

Because of affirmative action you must pass on people with more experience
and with higher intelligence to add to diversity.

This creates a less skilled and productive environment.
In colleges you have professor who should never be there
In politics the same, but they have tremendous power to spue their stupidity.

Out of compassion and afraid of racism they are letting nonqualified people in
important places and the results are poor.

^^^^This creates a less skilled and productive environment.^^^^

Which just lowers the bar to 'real achievement'

But hey!! as long as the swj's are appeased!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Like always, the Simpson's has some solid nuggets of wisdom.

In regards to tv and movies.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Nothing like reverse racism to mix things up a little. Aren’t we so noble and equal. Marxist race and class warfare revs up their engine.
edit on 14-7-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Isn't this extreme catering bulls# why things like BET and all manner of black-owned production companies exist (both film/TV & music varieties) Because they thought they didn't get enough stuff made geared toward them, so they did it themselves instead?

If you already got it, what's the point of taking it from others in the first place? Being a spoiled little brat that wants it all or nobody can have anything doesn't count.
edit on 7/14/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Perhaps a little resentment and revenge mixed in for extra measure. This is not just getting fairness, it’s getting back. Marxism is really not about fairness though. It’s about an ideal which is unachievable.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Perhaps a little resentment and revenge mixed in for extra measure. This is not just getting fairness, it’s getting back. Marxism is really not about fairness though. It’s about an ideal which is unachievable.

So....spoiled little brats run amok, "Neener, neener, it's finally all mine and you cant have none of it!"

Par for the course.

Edit: Wow, that sounds pretty racist of me on both post re-reads. Let me clarify -- my disdain is aimed squarely at the white knighting SJWs here, as there's very little to compel me to believe there's overwhelming throngs of black folks behind this kind of crap, but plenty of evidence disgruntled jobless 20-something white kids are trying to be saviors to their race du jour cause.
edit on 7/14/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Every commerical in tv must and will feature a person of color.
But everyday they call, email, send letters demanding these things.

My friend who made a semi successful independent movie created
the movie based on his experience. His friends were white but he
was Forced to make one black if he wanted the movie to be given clearance.

This has happened is the hospitals,.schools and politics.

Because of affirmative action you must pass on people with more experience
and with higher intelligence to add to diversity.

This creates a less skilled and productive environment.
In colleges you have professor who should never be there
In politics the same, but they have tremendous power to spue their stupidity.

Out of compassion and afraid of racism they are letting nonqualified people in
important places and the results are poor.

^^^^This creates a less skilled and productive environment.^^^^

Which just lowers the bar to 'real achievement'

But hey!! as long as the swj's are appeased!!!

But normal people cannot sit by and watch it happen.

America is known for its strives in greatness, cleanliness. and reaching that next level.

The sjws celebrate mediocrity, ugliness and obesity..
And they have the power

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thought this was a nice little follow-up video by Tim on the matter of people not standing up to the Marxist takeover of America. A NYT editor has quit, citing 'new McCarthyism' as her reason.

edit on 14-7-2020 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

So....spoiled little brats run amok, "Neener, neener, it's finally all mine and you cant have none of it!"

Par for the course.

Edit: Wow, that sounds pretty racist of me on both post re-reads. Let me clarify -- my disdain is aimed squarely at the white knighting SJWs here, as there's very little to compel me to believe there's overwhelming throngs of black folks behind this kind of crap, but plenty of evidence disgruntled jobless 20-something white kids are trying to be saviors to their race du jour cause.
MarxistSJW of any background in my opinion. Race and class warfare is what they do, and all the more if they can make a buck while they do it.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Par for the course.

MarxistSJW of any background in my opinion.

True, but the gleaming white SJWs do seem to be leading all the wrong charges -- rioting, general white knighting, deciding what is racist for everyone else, etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Given Jacky Laceys unabated war on white men in Hollywood its only a matter of time - I wouldn't be surprised to see gloria alred with a kill whitey license plate at this point.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Par for the course.

From
The OP’s article

ourself up for public crucifixion.' Dismissing such complaints, however quietly expressed, Selma director Ava DuVernay, now one of the most powerful black women in Hollywood, wrote on Twitter: 'Everyone has a right to their opinion. And we – black producers with hiring power – have the right not to hire those who diminish us.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Of course she has every right. It is what it is.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Erm....

Marxist and commercial mass media are only compatible if you have a very creative understanding of Marxism.

Market forces, on the other hand, work hand in glove with the commercial mass media.

What we are seeing is not the "far left" takeover of the MSM. The money would not allow it because Marxism questions the nature of the money. As someone once wrote, I forget who, the mass media tries desperately to hide the money behind it. What's more, if audiences reject the message, the money moves away. Basic business concept.

What we are seeing is a shift in the fabric of US society. Trump is the rearguard of the old ways, the symbolic leader of the resistance to change. The money will go where it can make the best return. If that is to the new, more liberal way of thinking, it will go there.

An excellent historical parallel is the relationship between Rupert (Fox) Murdoch and Tony Blair's Labour Party in the UK in the 1990s. Seeing the public turn away from the Conservative Party, and having been reassured that Blair would not challenge his media power, Murdoch tested the water with one paper. The readers reacted positively, which pleased the advertisers who gave the publisher more money. The other papers in the Murdoch stable followed. Ten years later, when the public had fallen out of love with the Labour Party, his papers moved back to their usual right wing position.

It's not politics. It's business.

Like someone wrote about the tearing down of statues, again I forget who, this is not a denial of history - this is history being made.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki

The fourth Evil Dead movie ("Evil Dead Now") has been confirmed by Bruce Campbell The Man Himself. He also confirmed that he will not be reprising his role as Ash. (Ash is, after all, everything Hollywood, and the wider world at large is railing against personified)

EvilDeadNow

“From this point forward, they kind of have to stand on their own. Which is fine. And liberating. You could have different heroes, different heroines in this case. This one’s gonna be a little more dynamic…We just want to keep the series current. And the mantra, really, is that our heroes and heroines are just regular people. That’s what we’re going to continue.”

Seriously... who wants Evil Dead anything without Ash?!
Everyone, apparently.

Yup, count me out. Ash is the man. I was devastated when they cancelled the TV series.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hollywood is a cesspool or ignorance and virtue signaling. They deserve everything they get.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Not sure what exactly you are responding to but what seems to be happening is that the globalists and foreign powers (like China and Russia) want the States to fail as a nation. Globalists just see opportunity for more wealth and power for themselves, and the communist government of China wants to destroy its greatest threat, using black ops to attack the nation's moral fabric. This is just a part of it though. News media may just go along with it because chaos means ratings for them (downing Trump for views is called the 'Trump bump.') There are popular websites recommending that businesses side with a political cause to gain more customers, as if with no consideration to how this might cost them old ones. Chasing the quick buck and following along with what the mainstream media presents to them as 'what's happening.' Most of these entities do not want Marxism but they will run with it for short-term gain without any thought as to the long-tern harm. The Democrats use them for votes and as a militarized movement to intimidate the Republicans so they don't all get taken down for gross criminal behavior (Trump ran with the promise of draining the swamp.)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join