It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's White Purge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
After decades of ignoring minorities in film, the pendulum has swung to the opposite.

One of the examples they gave was jordan peele who only wanted to hire a black lead in his movie get out.

I really don't see a problem with that.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is only going to get worse! I hear Tyler Perry is planning on remaking The Godfather and playing all the characters. We need to put a stop to these uppity minorities.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think this whole situation is going to carry on a bit more until the silent majority gets fed up enough and starts downing out the vocal minority (no puns here).

Bret Weinstein called all this back when he got chased out of Evergreen and if any of you haven’t watched his two podcasts with Rogan, I strongly suggest doing so. He was spot on during his first interview and the second interview is basically confirming it all.

(First interview)

(Second interview)

(He also goes into some really interesting Covid talk towards the end of the second that ATS would really dig on, mainly about it being manufactured in a lab)

The Dems will only keep kicking this can until it backfires on them and their positions are being questioned. They’ll pander and pander until it’s on their doorstep and people are calling for them to step down and make way for a black democrat to take their place. Once they think they’ll lose their meal tickets, then they’ll start pushing back. Of course, it’ll still be filled with as much pandering as they can fill it with, but you know the last thing they’ll ever do is relinquish their roles and die on the actual hill they’re building right now.

edit on 13-7-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Star wars was destined to be mediocre when disney bought it out. They were always going to make it kid-friendly and a safe plot that copied the orginal films.

Mandalorian wasn't bad though.

There may be some hope with a whole new story apart from the trilogy.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ha, very funny!

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: charlyv

I think it goes deeper than just trying to be trendy. There is a strong political push towards Marxism lately, which has recently exploded out from a slow movement over several years now.

I sensed that as well, and as I said, cut the chord completely. That slow movement has now been hijacked, just like the BLM. They used to be about people,.... and now it is an agenda that wants to destroy America.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Ha, very funny!

That would honestly be the worst thing I could think of happening film-wise. Him saying, "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer", and then farting to punctuate it for effect.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I suppose so. A lot of fans felt this way but others made a sensible-sounding argument that Disney isn't stupid (being at that time a very prosperous corporation,) so we should give them a chance. Kathleen Kennedy, had she been a good choice for the president of SW, could have stood up for SW as a creative property. But instead, she turned out to be a Far Leftist, untalented hack with no actual respect for SW. Had Lucas appointed someone better, it might have turned out quite differently. Even if Bob Iger had insisted that JJ Abrams direct it, a clever leader would have protected SW by insisting that it be written by professional Sci-Fi writers.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Here we go. The stripping away of jobs from White people in Hollywood. People with families often say they can't speak out because they have families to support, but these people are losing their jobs and won't be able to support their families. If only they'd spoken out sooner.

Ah, being an actor. Such a noble profession.

But seriously Hollywood shouldn't be as glamorized as our culture has made it.

Something's fundamentally wrong when a society awards actors and athletes millions of dollars vs. the salaries of teachers and scientists.

Let them lose their jobs. Maybe they'll become more productive.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I think it goes deeper than just trying to be trendy. There is a strong political push towards Marxism lately, which has recently exploded out from a slow movement over several years now.

Marxism though goes against the grain of Hollywood. They certainly do preach about perceived social and economic injustices but live lifestyles of the purest form of grotesque capitalism on the planet. I don't have a problem with that at all either just the dichotomy if it.

Advocating for one thing with passion and pointing fingers but actually doing the exact opposite. If Marxism really took hold they would be the first ones going on the offensive. As the saying goes, it's only fun and games until somebody gets hurt and s!@# starts getting real.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The fourth Evil Dead movie ("Evil Dead Now") has been confirmed by Bruce Campbell The Man Himself. He also confirmed that he will not be reprising his role as Ash. (Ash is, after all, everything Hollywood, and the wider world at large is railing against personified)

EvilDeadNow

“From this point forward, they kind of have to stand on their own. Which is fine. And liberating. You could have different heroes, different heroines in this case. This one’s gonna be a little more dynamic…We just want to keep the series current. And the mantra, really, is that our heroes and heroines are just regular people. That’s what we’re going to continue.”

Seriously... who wants Evil Dead anything without Ash?!
Everyone, apparently.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

It certainly needs to be resisted. The public has thankfully stopped supporting properties gone Woke. It seems like a pretty organic public reaction. For one, no one wants to be lectured to. But also, I think most people are able to spot the divisive politics and they find it distasteful.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki
Seriously... who wants Evil Dead anything without Ash?!
Everyone, apparently.

The 2013 film was very good and he wasn't the lead.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Do you remember, "A Bronx Tale"?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yes, but kinda not the point I was trying to make.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki
Yes, but kinda not the point I was trying to make.

He said he was done with the role after the STARZ series. Not surprised he's not starring in a new film.

edit on 13-7-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Maybe minority actors can replace the cast of The Simpsons and turn the family Black. Guess there won't be any White family sitcoms anymore and all the old ones will be cancelled. This is so ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Saw the show and the film.

I think Perry should remake that too.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Arnie123

Saw the show and the film.

I think Perry should remake that too.
Matthew Perry?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Maybe minority actors can replace the cast of The Simpsons and turn the family Black. Guess there won't be any White family sitcoms anymore and all the old ones will be cancelled. This is so ridiculous.

I suppose they could but I don't worry about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join