It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Dear pthena, would you concur with me that man gives the definition of a word in order that fellow humans can with pinpoint precision know what objects or even concepts the word is referring to?

Now, I want you to know that I am asking for the definition of the word God, not your definition of a personal God.

I have the impression that you are into though it might be unwittingly, into making my thread into a wishy-washy undertaking from my part - forgive me, but that is what I see to be the way your mind works.

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Pachomius

[ . . . ]

PS: you missed my other definition of a personal god.
A personal God is someone who can be spoken to.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here is from Itisnowagain another contribution to my list of definitions of God.

From Pachomius
God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

From pthena
Someone else's idea.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

From Itisnowagain
God is the ever present aware space in which all things appear.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Dear pthena, would you concur with me that man gives the definition of a word in order that fellow humans can with pinpoint precision know what objects or even concepts the word is referring to?

Yes.

Now, I want you to know that I am asking for the definition of the word God, not your definition of a personal God.

My definition was given on the first page of this thread.

Those that existed long before I did.
They will exist long after me.
Without them I could not live even briefly.

You might notice that I just may be a polytheist.
Unlike some, I can point out some of my deities; such as Father Sky, Mother Earth, Ocean, Winds, Mountains, Oak, Rain, River... and more.

Together they allow me to live in a hospitable biosphere.
Without them, I would never have come to be.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My definition of God is embedded in the concept of God among the three main monotheistic faiths, namely: Christianism, Islamism, Judaism - they all three accept that God is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just stopped by To say Hi and God exists.. Tzar and the rest of the cupcakes need to stop this stupid argument because it wont end unless they are right

ATS points doesn't mean you're smart or right - Saying a lot of big words doesn't make you right. This whole thread is clickbait and opinion.

The end

If You knew God didnt exists.. why you do you insist on making useless threads like this.. Hes calling to you
edit on 9-7-2020 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius

From Pachomius
Evidence is anything at all existing which leads man to know another thing existing.

I have checked the links and they are correct.

You have posted a number of time quoting yourself in the third person as one complying with your directions, so maybe you should just have a conversation with yourself to stay on point....lol

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius
My definition of God is embedded in the concept of God among the three main monotheistic faiths, namely: Christianism, Islamism, Judaism - they all three accept that God is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence”

For example, the fact that we have not found any evidence of intelligent alien life in the universe is not, by itself, evidence that there is no such intelligent alien life because the universe is a vast place and we have only been able to explore the tiniest portion of it.

A similar distinction can be made when it comes to God. If somebody were to claim that God exists wholly outside of time and space and is composed of neither matter nor energy and never interacts with the physical world in any way, then an absence of any evidence for that God wouldn’t be evidence of absence since there’d be no way we could possibly detect such a being in the first place.

On the other hand, if somebody claimed that there existed a God who had said and done and promised to do specific things, who regularly interacts with the physical world and with humanity in general, etc., then we would reasonably expect to be able to discover evidence of all of these things, and a complete absence of any such evidence would in itself be evidence that such a being did not, in fact, exist.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The ideal of an internet forum is so that people can come to new and better knowledge, in all spheres of data connected with existence, like whether God exists or not.

I am 100% sure that ATS is 100% dedicated to that ideal, the attainment of ever newer and better knowledge with mankind in the environment he dwells in, even though we are limited to less than 5% of the totality of the material universe.

So posters here should examine their honest intelligent productive conscience, are they serious about the ideal of an internet forum, or they are into wishy-washy thinking and writing, all in the self-discrediting goal of obstructing the orientation of this thread?

Please read my statement on the objective of the thread.

For your orientation anyone:

Here is my definition of God: God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning." -Pachomius [17 words]

And for universe, my definition is the following: universe in concept is everything observable to man, in particular to scientists to study - most importantly in regard to its origin.

This is the title of the thread from Pachomius:

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

And the OP is as follows:

[posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM]
On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

[End of post]

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Dear neutronflux:

You know the No. 1 teaching of the Christian faith (and I know you to be a Christian), namely: that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

On that ground we are in concurrence.

What do you say, suppose I ask you, something so simple as whether the nose of our face is a give-away piece of evidence to the existence of God, keeping in mind that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning?

Do you have to resort to the socalled scientific method to reach the conclusion on evidence that God exists, as corresponding to the concept of an entity playing the role of the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning?

Hint: our nose has a beginning.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Again. You are trying to prove the existence of god. Please cite your evidence that fits the scientific method.

Again. You cannot define a thing into existence. If that is true, flat earthers would have shown the earth is actually flat.

edit on 10-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
Do you believe in God?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in biblical Jesus. You seem to misquote Jesus quiet a bit. Seems like your religion is more about you than Jesus.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Do you believe in God?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Last post should give you a clue, but you seem pretty clueless.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Do you believe in God?

Seems like your religion is more about you than Jesus.

There is no me!!!

There is just what is happening.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Itisnowagain

Last post should give you a clue, but you seem pretty clueless.

Just answer the very simple question.....do you believe in God?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Do you believe in God?

Seems like your religion is more about you than Jesus.

There is no me!!!

There is just what is happening.

Whatever dude. So you are suffering like those that were sold into slavery. And Jesus, who you quote (actual misquoted), does put a higher value on people than animals and things. So, yes. You ignore the will of God, the spirit of Jesus to create a bastardized religion that serves you. That is deaf to individual’s suffering and personal experiences.
edit on 10-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
So that is a yes then....you do believe in God.
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Thanks.

Cite where Pachomius showed evidence of god.

And definitely don’t believe in your self serving religion based off misquoting Jesus.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Thanks.

The question is. What do you believe if you must misquote items, and create your own religion.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join