It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

Do do pthena see yourself as an honest intelligent productive thinker or a wishy-washy one?

Ambivalent. That's sort of like wishy-washy.

Are you after the dissemination of knowledge or in obstruction unto the obscurantism of knowledge?

Many other people are better at disseminating knowledge than I am. I'm a hack at it, with no particular expertise. A satan (obstructer) obstructs. I try not to be a satan to knowledge, although I sometimes play the satan part when it comes to some agendas. Not that I claim to be very effective at it. OK, I have claimed to be effective at it upon occasion, but I know now that I haven't ever stopped any grand plots from going forward that I know of.

Now I'm rambling. That's embarrassing.

Dear pthena, when you say that I said something, please reproduce verbatim my words, okay?

The exact quote of what I was referring to, about your source.

My definition of God is embedded in the concept of God among the three main monotheistic faiths, namely: Christianism, Islamism, Judaism - they all three accept that God is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What I wrote: "In a previous post you revealed that you get your concept of God as cause from monotheistic Christianism, Islamism, and Judaism."

Sorry about that. I see the difference now. You didn't claim to get the definition from those sources. You merely stated that the definition is embedded in them. My bad.

Just so you know, this post is rather embarrassing. It's like:

I was happier with my previous post.
edit on 11-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
Jesus's words have been bastardised.....he came to free the slaves but his words have been changed to keep you a slave.

Only the truth will set you free.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Shrugs. There right there in red letters in the Bible. Recorded by his disciples. You personally interviewed the people that knew Jesus?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The answer is in the video/podcast.....if it is not heard then nothing said will convince you.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Yeah. Still going with the recorded history by the disciples.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Well. YouTube removed most of the videos claiming the earth is flat. Have mixed feelings about that.

So, now two points.

One. You can find some crazy stuff on YouTube

Rockets don't work in space. Absolute Proof

m.youtube.com...

Two. Itisnowagain you should be reassured that YouTube has given their approval to the video you linked too.
edit on 11-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Linked 'to' not 'too'.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
More Advaita/non duality......1 without a 2nd.

edit on 11-7-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
God definitely exists. Knowing this isn't something that science can deliver to anyone. Knowing it can only be delivered by the individual with an honest heart and a seeking soul.

People who adamantly search for ways NOT to believe God exists are only putting the brakes on their own understanding of reality.

If you spend your life searching for ways TO believe God exists, you shall find. Expect a ton of resistance from all corners when you do that.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Ok? Now quote where Jesus said it was IMPOSSIBLE for a rich man to enter heaven?

A guess women get a pass?

New International Version
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.

New Living Translation
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “I tell you the truth, it is very hard for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

English Standard Version
And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven.

Berean Study Bible
Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Berean Literal Bible
And Jesus said His to disciples, "Truly I say to you that with difficulty a rich man will enter into the kingdom of the heavens.

New American Standard Bible
And Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

New King James Version
Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

King James Bible
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Christian Standard Bible
Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Contemporary English Version
Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you, it's terribly hard for rich people to get into the kingdom of heaven!

Good News Translation
Jesus then said to his disciples, "I assure you: it will be very hard for rich people to enter the Kingdom of heaven.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Then Jesus said to His disciples, "I assure you: It will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven!

International Standard Version
Then Jesus told his disciples, "I tell all of you with certainty, it will be hard for a rich person to get into the kingdom from heaven.

NET Bible
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven!

New Heart English Bible
Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I say to you, it is difficult for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
But Yeshua said to his disciples, “Amen, I say to you, that it is difficult for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Jesus said to his disciples, "I can guarantee this truth: It will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven.

New American Standard 1977
And Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

King James 2000 Bible
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

American King James Version
Then said Jesus to his disciples, Truly I say to you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

American Standard Version
And Jesus said unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, It is hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Then Jesus said to his disciples: Amen, I say to you, that a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Darby Bible Translation
And Jesus said to his disciples, Verily I say unto you, A rich man shall with difficulty enter into the kingdom of the heavens;

English Revised Version
And Jesus said unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, It is hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Webster's Bible Translation
Then said Jesus to his disciples, Verily I say to you, that a rich man shall with difficulty enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Weymouth New Testament
So Jesus said to His disciples, "I solemnly tell you that it is with difficulty that a rich man will enter the Kingdom of the Heavens.

World English Bible
Jesus said to his disciples, "Most certainly I say to you, a rich man will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven with difficulty.

Young's Literal Translation
and Jesus said to his disciples, 'Verily I say to you, that hardly shall a rich man enter into the reign of the heavens;

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

And is it false all things with God are possible?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Will a camel fit through the eye of a needle? Ever or never?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Dear everyone here, please abstain from useless arguments or questions, like insisting that I take up such a question as why I said that there are naughty atheists, because it is a waste of time altogether.

If you don't want me to say that atheists are naughty, and you insist that I no longer say atheists are naughty, I might comply or not: if not then you complain to the people in charge here - to make me do it, e.g. apologize and no longer say that atheists are naughty.

We must all stick to crucial issues, like the definition of God, evidence, universe, etc., that are decisive for the resolution of the question God exists or not, which is the topic of the present thread.

Now, everyone, if you don’t see anything at all that is of any interest at all to you, on the issue God exists or not, then you can opt to just abstain from saying anything at all in this thread.

Then if you care, you report to the ATS powers that be that this thread and all similar threads be removed and kept out of ATS forums, okay?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Or better still, you insist that ATS ban me in perpetuity forever from ATS, period.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
God definitely exists. Knowing this isn't something that science can deliver to anyone. Knowing it can only be delivered by the individual with an honest heart and a seeking soul.

People who adamantly search for ways NOT to believe God exists are only putting the brakes on their own understanding of reality.

If you spend your life searching for ways TO believe God exists, you shall find. Expect a ton of resistance from all corners when you do that.

That is most satisfactory to me, dear NoCorruptionAllowed.

Now, tell me, is it or not, that some entity in existence has got to ultimately be in charge and in control of and accreditable for the existence of the nose on our face, yes or no?

And that from honest intelligent productive thinking man can come to such an entity, which I call God, and which God I define as in concept the creator cause of man and the universe and everythnng with a beginning - that is my minimal God.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You know, everyone, I am the founder of the sciences called definology and definogistics,* my No. 1 contention is that humans love to bring up what they imagine to be awesome words, which they themselves don't really understand at all.

Dear readers, when you come to one of these guys, you challenge them to define the word like evidence, and they will be lost for words, still they will play the court's jester for a cover.

*I have several Ph.D.'s in several ivy league universities called 'of hard knocks'. By correspondence.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Show me your gravitons.

We can calculate Gravity but directly measure? The evidence for that is weak at best 😉

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Will a camel fit through the eye of a needle? Ever or never?

All things are possible with God.

“Camels leaping through needles”: Jesus, Exaggeration, and Hyperbole

trystanowainhughes.wordpress.com...

Sermon on the Mount has many such examples. When Jesus refers to lust, for example, he says “if your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away… and if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to go into hell”. This passage clearly shouldn’t be taken literally, not least because its literal fulfilment won’t achieve the desired goal anyway. One of my closest and oldest friends has been blind since childhood, and I remember once discussing this passage with him. “Believe me, Trystan”, he said over his pint of beer, “tearing someone’s eyes out won’t stop them lusting!”

While such a statement should not be taken literally, it should still be taken seriously.

This passage teaches us something far deeper, far more radical about God’s kingdom. Everything we do, Jesus is telling us, has profound effects on both others and ourselves. Objectifying those of the opposite sex is not something that has no consequences. It can hurt and damage people directly, and can also damage society.

My favorite part of the cited work:
“ While such a statement should not be taken literally, it should still be taken seriously.”

Now. Please, quote where Jesus ever said it was impossible for any rich person to go to heaven.

The actual context of the whole statement.

biblehub.com...

23Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

edit on 11-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

So, how many angels, exactly, can dance on the head of a pin?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The only thing you have proven is you have no common sense. And you cannot discern truth.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join