It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

Your the one that cannot answer one of the basic questions concerning being.

Do you have a soul or not?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Is the reason you will not answer the question is, because, you are literally a bot?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Dear neutronflux, I regret to not anymore deal with you because I now know that you are 'reasoning' on revelation.

But you need not stop posting here.

You see, I have this idea that with my now policy of filtering out posters here for me to not deal with, all who are screened by me, we will all engage in honest intelligent and productive exchange of thoughts.

Have a good day.

PS: So, in regard to me interacting with you, please be guided according i.e. I will not interact with you no more.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If a person doesn’t have a soul, then they are no different than a robot? Then any person that can create a robot can create life like a god? Thus, being a god in their own right?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

A guess artificial intelligence would be a better term. But if there are no souls, then there is only intelligence.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Please everyone take notice of my definition of evidence [below in bold], and add yours, okay?

posted by someone on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:51 PM
Evidence is a body of facts that support a statement. [ . . . ]

That is good, but what about this definition from yours truly:

Evidence is anything at all existing which leads man to know another thing existing.

I will be busy now with the someone above who has a definition of evidence, so I will take a leave of absence from replying to other posters for the time being.

[For your orientation anyone]

My definition of God: God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning." -Pachomius [17 words]

And for universe, my definition is the following: universe in concept is everything observable to man, in particular to scientists to study - most importantly in regard to its origin.

This is the title of the thread from Pachomius:

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

And the OP is as follows:

[posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM]
On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Okay, everyone here, these are to-date and time so far two definitions of evidence.

From TzarChasm
Evidence is a body of facts that support a statement.

From Pachomius
Evidence is anything at all existing which leads man to know another thing existing.

Okay, everyone with daring honest intelligent and productive thinking, add to the definitions of evidence.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

And you haven’t posted any proof the universe was created by a being? Vs a process void of intelligence like the Big Bang. And you stated your god requires no worship. So, not believing in your god is effectively the same as believing in your god. So by your logic, there is no reason to believe in your god. And your own logic cancelled out the existence of your own god. Because not believing has the same consequences as believing.

I guess god doesn’t exist without faith. And only through faith will god have a relationship with you.

edit on 6-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Okay, dear neutronflux, let me see by way of exception because my policy now is not to deal with folks who 'reason' on revelation - whether you can communicate an idea or a thought grounded on honest intelligent productive thinking, without bringing in revelation.

What is your information on the meaning of the word evidence.

It is now in my location eight hours in advance of Greenwich, date and time - July 7, 2020 Tuesday, 01:56 p.m.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

You

Cite were you posted evidence your god exists, vs the universe being created through a none intelligent driven event like the Big Bang?

Seems like your belief in god is based on faith, and you are now hoping to validate your faith.

Why do you need to prove god exists when you already stated...

My God to His core credit is a doer and not just a talker.

If that is a true statement, why is the doing not part of your evidence that your god is real?

And if god talks, that also means god is doing and exists?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Haha, gotcha, dear neutronfux!

You have no talents to know and present what you have for information on the meaning of the word evidence.

[Pachomius posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:57 PM]
Okay, dear neutronflux, let me see by way of exception because my policy now is not to deal with folks who 'reason' on revelation - whether you can communicate an idea or a thought grounded on honest intelligent productive thinking, without bringing in revelation.

It is now in my location eight hours in advance of Greenwich, date and time - July 7, 2020 Tuesday, 01:56 p.m.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Funny you cannot answer such a simple question like if your god blessed you with a soul?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Funny you cannot answer such a simple question like if your god blessed you with a soul?

What is a soul?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

It's an adjective, not a noun.

edit on 7/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
It's a word.
But what does the word soul denote?

edit on 7-7-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
You cannot have a relationship with God.
Only when the two become one will the kingdom be revealed.

You plus God equals two!

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

It connotes the blues.
There is no denotation.

edit on 7/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Ok thanks.
But I don't think that 'soul' (music) is what is being spoken of......

The actual question is:
What is 'a' soul?
Do you have any ideas about what 'a' soul is?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

What is a soul?

What makes you a being different than say a car? Or a tree? Should a person, car, and a tree be valued the same? Or we all just different forms of mechanical and biological machines?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

What is a soul?

What makes you a being different than say a car?

What makes you a being different???

A body is no different than a Ford.
There is no one (no thing) inside either.
Form is empty.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join