It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I don’t play that game. Build your own argument. And if nothing is yours, then why are you linking to some else’s content when you should be able to argue it as your own?

A rich man will never enter the kingdom..

Owning anything makes you a rich man.......

Only when it is found that there is no things will 'you' be lifted away and the kingdom be revealed.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

I don’t play that game. Build your own argument. And if nothing is yours, then why are you linking to some else’s content when you should be able to argue it as your own?

Nothing is mine.........

What is appearing is just appearing on its own......there is nothing separately doing anything.

What is is alone........it is a movie (Lila/Maya.....the play of life).

Yeap, it’s yours. And I choose and reject your philosophy. Because I am not you. So. Yes. Minds, will, perception, faith, individual experience are very different and separate, but housed by earth. Or then knowledge of an universe. So a flat earther has a very different and separate experience than a person who believes in a vast universe.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
Yes....if there is an assumption and belief in something that is not true life will feel wrong.

When the truth is found.......nothing is wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

A rich man will never enter the kingdom..

Owning anything makes you a rich man.......

Only when it is found that there is no things will 'you' be lifted away and the kingdom be revealed.

For treasures in heaven to gain a city.

You figure that one out..,

And the actual context of what your citing...

Matthew 19

biblehub.com...

23Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

27Peter answered him, “We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?”

So. I would accurately quote sources if I was you...

James 3:1

biblehub.com...

New International Version
Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

edit on 6-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It is not philosophy........it is what is the case.
How can you be sure when you did not even listen for 2 mins?

The truth cannot be handled!!

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
With man it is impossible.......indeed!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

You

A rich man will never enter the kingdom.

Now... what text actually states that exact phrase. Or did you make that up yourself?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I do nothing.
All is done by the will of God.

This body appears in God and has no volition.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The Bible is where God is..... is it?
Is that the only place God is?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Let me get this right.

Your stating everything is the same while you purposefully have the free will to miss quote the Bible as your misquote has authority while ignoring the Bible’s warning those teaching the Bible will be held to a higher standard during judgment day.

Your too crazy. I am out.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Oh. And forgot.

All for me staring something in the context of what Pachomius said in the first place...

originally posted by: Pachomius

My God to His core credit is a doer and not just a talker.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Where did I state everything is the same???

Yep it is impossible with man indeed!!

Misconstrue.

Even Jesus was misunderstood......

edit on 6-7-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Where did I state everything is the same???

Yep it is impossible with man indeed!!

Misconstrue.

Even Jesus was misunderstood......

Well, it helps if you quote Jesus correctly...

You

A rich man will never enter the kingdom.

Vs

Matthew 19

biblehub.com...

23Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

27Peter answered him, “We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?”

You stating “ A rich man will never enter the kingdom.“ is not the same a Jesus stating “ Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.”

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Pachomius posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:19 AM

Addendum

Definitions are important because they are one of the ways in which you control (as best you can) how the reader understands your essay. Without them, you and your audience may have a radically different sense of the key terms of your argument. So define your terms—but don't simply rely on the dictionary.Mar 20, 2020
How to eschew weasel words ... | Hub
hub.jhu.edu › 2020/03/20 › weasel-words-writing-tips

[For your orientation]

For my definition of God: God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning." -Pachomius [17 words]

And for universe, my definition is the following: universe in concept is everything observable to man, in particular to scientists to study - most importantly in regard to its origin.

This is the title of the thread from Pachomius:

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

And the OP is as follows:

[posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM]
On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
posted by someone on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:51 PM

Evidence is a body of facts that support a statement. [ . . . ]

That is good, but what about this definition from yours truly:

Evidence is anything at all existing which leads man to know another thing existing.

I will be busy now with the someone above who has a definition of evidence, so I will take a leave of absence from replying to other posters for the time being.

[For your orientation anyone]

For my definition of God: God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning." -Pachomius [17 words]

And for universe, my definition is the following: universe in concept is everything observable to man, in particular to scientists to study - most importantly in regard to its origin.

On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Is it possible for a camel to go through the eye of a needle?
Will a camel ever or never go through the eye of a needle?

Oh......next it will be - depends on the size of the camel and the size of the needle lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Addendum

For all ye folks who cite revelation: please take the care to orient yourselves as to leave out of this thread all 'reasoning' that is grounded on revelation.

"On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas." -Pachomius

Dear readers, please read the text below under the caption [For your orientation], so that you will know what the thread is all about.

[For your orientation anyone]

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You tell me....

Matthew 19

biblehub.com...

I think the most important part Is not where the rich end up, but “ 26Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

And Jesus does use exaggeration to make a point...

The most likely explanation is that Jesus was using hyperbole, a figure of speech that exaggerates for emphasis. Jesus used this technique at other times, referring to a “plank” in one’s eye (Matthew 7:3-5) and swallowing a camel (Matthew 23:24).

Jesus’ message is clear—it is impossible for anyone to be saved on his own merits. Since wealth was seen as proof of God’s approval, it was commonly taught by the rabbis that rich people were blessed by God and were, therefore, the most likely candidates for heaven. Jesus destroyed that notion, and along with it, the idea that anyone can earn eternal life.

www.gotquestions.org...

Amazing what happens when you add context.
edit on 6-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed quote

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius
Thinking will not make God show his face.
God is always showing his face but the separate man has to die to see it.

There is nothing separate......
What is happening is what is happening.....this is God.

There is no you in control.......whatever is happening is all there is.

You are, if anything, merely the witness of what is occuring.

The seer and the seen are not two......they arise as one seamless happening.

The truth shall set you free!!
😍

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Addendum 2

Now that I have determined not to deal with folks here who reason on revelation, the next group to not deal with are folks who don't accept that mankind can concur on ideas, for example it is a universal value among civilized nations that rape is wrong, and also murder is wrong, etc.

So, I now have two groups of folks here for me not to deal with, namely:

1. Those who bring in revelation to this thread.
2. Those who deny civilized mankind have universal values.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join