It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

The thing we call the mind, that organ we still, do not fully understand..

“Mind over matter.”

Mind is not a organ.

Brain is the organ, through which mind is operational in physical form.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

“Mind over matter.”

That is the basis of that stupid movie. That we create our own reality. And they try (and fail) to use quantum mechanics to prove it. It's nonsense.

but in a nut shell my point is more than likely there is some form of God.
You said we invented them. I agree. That does not mean they exist.

Perhaps not to many, not yet at least. But I doubt we invented this reality we live in. I won’t be vain in thought based off of experience and education to deny an existence of God(s). I didn’t quite mean we invented god(s) we have just evolved if you want to call it that to where we can proclaim ourselves in an ignorant way with scientific method and the technology we use to empower us, perhaps we are to distracted now to believe in God(s). Again I tend to observe the universe when I doubt there are God(s) tends to humble my vaniTy and iGnorance every time.

Yes mind over matter, affirmations work.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I didn’t quite mean we invented god(s)

We did. As you said. At first as an explanation for the random things that occur in the world; rain and drought, feast and famine, thunder, earthquakes. And later as a means for the few to control the many.

Yes mind over matter, affirmations work.
How you view the world changes only your perception of it. It does not change it. Affirm that rock to rise all you want. It won't.

edit on 7/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yea but it’s not that simple. History is not that old written at least. The stories of the anunnaki, for instance is very interesting. Point taken, and I always enjoy debate with ya,

miss my keyboard.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The stories of the anunnaki, for instance is very interesting.

As told by whom?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

🤦‍♂️ I didn’t say psychic powers. Mind over matter, the pen is more powerful than the sword etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

And you can write about gods all you want. That doesn't make them real.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The sun is real, I know that and I know something real put it there. 😛

Night phage. See ya hopefully tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Gravity and nuclear fusion are real. Yes.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Okay, everyone here posting, what do you care to get me to concur with you on?

Tell me in less than 50 words.

Why in less than 50 words? Because honest intelligent and productive thinkers need no more than 50 words to communicate an idea or thought that he knows with a firm grasp.*

Now for your orientation, please read below under the caption, [for your orientation anyone], so that you will know what the thread is all about.

[For your orientation anyone]

For my definition of God: God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning." -Pachomius [17 words]

And for universe, my definition is the following: universe in concept is everything observable to man, in particular to scientists to study - most importantly in regard to its origin.

This is the title of the thread from Pachomius:

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

And the OP is as follows:

[posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM]
On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

*At this moment I am still very keen to collect meanings of the word evidence from posters here.

posted by Pachomius on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:03 AM

Okay, everyone here, these are to-date and time so far two definitions of evidence.

From TzarChasm
Evidence is a body of facts that support a statement.

From Pachomius
Evidence is anything at all existing which leads man to know another thing existing.

Okay, everyone with daring honest intelligent and productive thinking, add to the definitions of evidence.

[end of post]

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

There is no evidence that gods exist. Gods are a matter of faith. Faith requires no evidence. Or shouldn't. By definition.

Less than 50 words. Significantly.

edit on 7/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Nota bene:

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation.* If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

*Bolding from Pachomius

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Yes.
Do you know what an opening post is?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
See? I am waiting for your meaning of the word evidence.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

In this context, something that is not strictly a matter of faith. Because faith only results in circularity.

edit on 7/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Dear everyone here, please bear with me, finally I took the time and labor to locate these two links in this thread on the meanings of evidence:

From TzarChasm

From Pachomius
Evidence is anything at all existing which leads man to know another thing existing.

I have checked the links and they are correct.

Please everyone, contribute your meaning to the word evidence, for atheists insist that there should be evidence to God existing, but they are themselves, sad, not taking the honest intelligent and productive care to present their meaning or definition of what is evidence.

So I shall be citing this post again and again, and asking everyone to contribute your information on what is evidence: then we shall work together to reach an agreed on definition of evidence, in re proving God's existence: God in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Please everyone, contribute your meaning to the word evidence, for atheists insist that there should be evidence to God existing, but they are themselves, sad, not taking the honest intelligent and productive care to present their meaning or definition of what is evidence.

It seems that you may not have an unbiased point of view.
Understandable when it comes to matters of faith. Especially for those who may feel a need to validate their own.

edit on 7/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Dear Phage, please present your information on what is evidence, okay?

Add yours to the list of what is evidence.

posted by Pachomius on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:36 PM

Dear everyone here, please bear with me, finally I took the time and labor to locate these two links in this thread on the meanings of evidence:

From TzarChasm

From Pachomius

I have checked the links and they are correct.

So I shall be citing this post again and again, and asking everyone to contribute your information on what is evidence: then we shall work together to reach an agreed on definition of evidence, in re proving God's existence: God in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I already did so.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

From Phage a reply to: Pachomius

I already did so.

Please present the link where you did so, and I will add your definition of evidence to the list I am putting up, okay?

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join