It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC white woman, 92, shoved to the ground by black male as he walks by.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BastogneFoxHole

Once again, nice jump.

But since I regularly argue against using Nazi references (regularly), I think it best we avoid that leap until there are actual Nazis. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThouArtGod
a reply to: LABTECH767

All great and fair points! I commend thee. Seriously.

Except your use of African American. His odds of being from Africa are easily in the less than 1% range. (Less than 5% of black people)

This was one of those thread I regret not making last year
The Year OF Return.

See, Black connects us to nothing but an imprecise shade, it explains nothing beyond that , sub-context, there is nothing more to us than being black and a slave , African American although still disjointed, offers us a clue as to who we are and where we came from, it said our ancestors had a history beyond plantation life and all it's ugliness, it offers the possibility for reconnecting, this is being done through DNA, and personal visits.

Last year was the year of return, sponsored by Ghana which was a resounding success, connects were made, business and culture were exchanged, land grants were given by some Chiefs for development, Along with an official apology for the part they played in the enslavement industry. some nations are giving the rights of citizenship.

This year was estimated to outshine last year but for Covid19.

Most folks who ID themselves as white , have traceable connects to Europe ,, down to the level of the village , they may or may not use such connects but they have them nonetheless, so do Asians and others and they used such connects to benefit themselves culturally and economically... hence I have no problems with it, don't mind using Black and AA interchangeably.

Plus AAs who visited last year , testified overwhelmingly to the frankly therapeutic benefits they got, having not to be "BLACK" much less judged for it, but just be.
edit on 17-6-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The perpetrator has been arrested OVER 100 TIMES.

www.foxnews.com...

Some "criminal justice reform" laws need to be made tougher...not relaxed.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
He is Rasheed Brimmage, 31.

He has had over 100 arrests for the same behavior. The NYPD considers him a Co-response Client.
NYPD Co-response clients are people who have been identified as being emotionally disturbed. cops and mental-health workers respond to calls for these "clients".

He has been arrested, given desk tickets and released dozens of times. The question is why he keeps being allowed to do things like this when has been identified as emotionally disturbed.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Once again, I agree. I have made a thread in the past arguing for specific reforms that include restorative justice, program development that breaks prison cycles, and the advocation of steps that would decrease recidivism. This would include using common sense when it comes to policing. For example, although I argue the recent shooting of Mr. Brooks was within current use of force parameters, I would argue that the police could have driven him home and had him cited for DUI and its requisite punishments.

Yet I also argue for harsher punishment when it comes to violent sex crimes, violent murder (vs manslaughter), and the sexual abuse of children. Public flogging for rape, and immediate death for molesters and murderers upon certain types of proof. (Video evidence, or in the case of many abusers, photographic).

As said in Heinlein’s book, a mentally ill rapist of children has only three outcomes. They are a dog that is broken and should be put down. They can be “fixed”, which means that they would most likely want to be killed for the horror of their crimes, or they can’t be fixed, and therefore should be put down to prevent further crimes against humanity.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

Since Prisons are over-crowded, an entire island needs to be dedicated to rehabilitating teens/youngsters. They can stay there for 100 years, if that what it takes.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

What a great post! But to one of your points, I have no issue with heritage seekers. I just have an issue with any group, ANY, doing the opposite of what Teddy Roosevelt argues for. When we choose to become Americans, we are agreeing to only be Americans. Period. Any division through public identification is just that, a division.

Every ethnic/social/ racial group has a rich heritage. And I believe that knowing your past is great- it gives us depth and a richness that colors the fabric of our national quilt. But assimilation is what keeps said quilt together. If people don’t want that, I would ask that they leave and go join the group they place above America. Be it Ireland, Spain, Mexico, China, Ghana, Turkey, Iran, etc.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Or we start early, and hold people accountable no matter the circumstances. Again- how many flogging would a person need to change? And wouldn’t corporal punishment be better than an administrative record that ruins your life?

My answer is an entire blog post, and I won’t derail this thread. However the ten things I would change about this country would be ignored, point by point, on this site in favor of mud pit arguments. Therefore I don’t bother making the points anymore.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Do a search on his name on CNN's website. It's not there. Zero returns. Why?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Any Man that pushes pensioners to the ground.

No matter their colour, creed, sex, or religion.

Is not a Man at all, well not a real one anyhoo.

Any police officer who kneels on a mans neck and kills him...
No matter the colour, creed, sex or religion of the victim..
is not a police officer at all, well not a real one anyhoo.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

This racism in USA will be its downfall.

No.....it will be the downfall of US cities. The rest of the country will be fine.

Agree, racism within the black community is getting out of hand.
It's been the major problem in terms of racism for some time, but now it's in your face (literally).

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Agreed. But like most things, it feels like the community of LEOs would be burned if they dared to acknowledge weakness in their ranks, so they close ranks instead. One reform we need in life is people being allowed to admit mistakes (oversimplification, but you get my point) without that meaning that every other accusation must now be true.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Complete agreement for once UKTruth.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

Facts are not hyperbole and nether is the mounting pile of evidence against these so-called Men.

Age is not an excuse for much, but anyone who does not extend the elderly a modicum of leeway or feels its perfectly acceptable to knock out and hospitalize old'yins needs a good seeing to.

We will all be old one day if we are lucky enough to make it that far down the road.

Nothing unlawful about protesting the execution of people on the ground by Police for a protracted period of time, the empathy of one's fellow man, somewhat transcending and putting to pale any words you lay on paper and call it law.

"Thou Shalt Not Kill" hows that for a law.
edit on 17-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThouArtGod
a reply to: Spider879

What a great post! But to one of your points, I have no issue with heritage seekers. I just have an issue with any group, ANY, doing the opposite of what Teddy Roosevelt argues for. When we choose to become Americans, we are agreeing to only be Americans. Period. Any division through public identification is just that, a division.

Every ethnic/social/ racial group has a rich heritage. And I believe that knowing your past is great- it gives us depth and a richness that colors the fabric of our national quilt. But assimilation is what keeps said quilt together. If people don’t want that, I would ask that they leave and go join the group they place above America. Be it Ireland, Spain, Mexico, China, Ghana, Turkey, Iran, etc.

Well geez it wasn't for a lack of trying, at every instant we were made to feel unwelcomed , cross burnings, spat at, sundown towns , race covenant clause, damn if you do damn if you don't.
Even today there is a Karen or a Chad, policing an AA out of a pool, a park an apartment complex, a neighborhood, remember Trayvon Martin?? he was ultimately killed because dad lived in a gated community..so chalked that up to micro aggression gone really really bad, If you are of visibly European extraction, how many times have you been told personally to go back to Europe..

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This guy has quite the arrest record!
Only 100 times.

www.citizenfreepress.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
First, I am tired of this Karen and Chad monikers. To be honest it is just a veiled form of calling them cracka ass crackas. So when I see a person of color do something wrong can I just call him Didin Donuffin?

Wake UP from the Race Bait!!!!!

The US had a black president for 8 years.No change. No Hope. Just free phones and a promise that was never fulfilled. Five of the top sports earners in the world are...wait for it...of color. I am done with the oppression garbage. Lebron tweets about hardship and makes 20 mil a year. Jay Z says fight the power and drives off in his Lambo.

This kid, who did this, no matter the color of his skin, needs a lobotomy and a window to look out of. He is a useless addition to society. Think of all of the money that has been wasted on rehab and arrest and housing during arrest and court and what...100 charges and he attacks old ladies in broad daylight. There is no room for people like that on this planet...at all.
edit on Junpm30pmf0000002020-06-17T13:50:12-05:000112 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Some babies parents raised an inconsiderate clod. That is a dramatic video.

Why has racism not been eradicated since the civil war? Many reason.
The promises made to freed slaves never materialized for one. Some of them did but for the most part, freed slaves and their children and grand children were still treated as second class citizens by the race that had enslaved them.

As generations pasted and the children and grand children were continually promised equality what they found was that the systems of education and economic oppertunity continued to be stacked against them. While the slaves had little hope and no promise of a better life, once that promise was made to their children and grand children yet still did not materialize, they began to not only hate their slave owners but more, hate the culture that made the promise yet did not fulfill it.

And why did it not become fulfilled? Because there remained way to many white racists though out society that maintained not only the system that withheld the promise but openly tolerated the racism that fed the inequality.

There had been hopes that once the slaves were free, that the goodness in humanity would overcome the sickness of bigotry and that white people would eventually come to realize the equality of all men. But hasn't happened to the degree they had hoped. There remained white racism though out the nation and the descendants became more and more bitter until we have today such an example of heartlessness as that video portrays.

Putting it succinctly. Racism breeds racism. Tit for Tat.

For me, there are two kinds of racism. There is the racism that a baby is born into and raised in until they become an adult. The other kind of racism is racism that is justified. Because you act this way to us, we will act this way to you. That cuts both ways. That is righteously justifiable racism, the racism that may, as you suggest, be our downfall.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Do a search on his name on CNN's website. It's not there. Zero returns. Why?

I thought you got the memo. CNN is a huge enemy of America. An anti-America terrorist organization licensed right here on U.S. Soil.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Once again, using the Bible when it suits you, but tossing it or mocking it when it doesn’t.

And sorry, being old doesn’t mean you get away with everything you want.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join