It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bravest Chicken Ever

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As some of you might know, I live in Newark, NJ. The biggest city in the state of New Jersey. It's a tough place, with same kind of problems people have in places like NYC.

About 2 weeks ago, we found a young little chicken, right on the streets and exposed to all sort of dangers you can imagine. She was found by my daughter's boyfriend, who gave her to us. Meet my little feathered friend, Chicky.

For some reason, it was love at first sight. Everyday, when she hears me coming back from work, she knocks the big cage where we temporary placed her, looking for me. Then we eat together and she follows me all over the house, like a dog. She also likes to stand on my shoulder, she knows I won't let anybody hurt her, my sweet little girl.

I'm proud of her, I call her the bravest chicken because it's amazing how she could survive alone under these conditions, homeless for who knows how much time.

Today we said goodbye and you all know I'm crying now and missing her.

But it's the best for her, About a week ago, we were able to find a sanctuary that can take care of her better than us. My daughter woke up very early and we drove more than 120 miles, I got a ticket and 2 points on my driving license but we made it.

The place is pure animal merrinness, chickens, ducks, goats, dogs and many other animals living together in peace like we humans will never do.

Note : I wonder if mods will let me share the info about the sanctuary.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Ahhhh, I loved this post. You are a good Daddy, even if temporarily. We have a home chicken and she lives in a big rabbit cage in the house. She is ten years old now, but she insists on sitting on top of the couch when it's downtime in the evening to be close to us. This made me all teary eyed for the love that you two shared, even if briefly.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

Thank you. We are planning to come back and visit her one day. There are 3 well-mannered handsome roosters too. Maybe I could be a grandpa one day

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

LOL! that would be awesome. It WILL happen. Three suitors, oh my!

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I love what you did for her, Trueman, and that you have always had her best interests at the forefront. (heart)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

All animals under my care are a gift from God.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   

This whole thread is wholesome, I love it! 💚

I don't have anything to add, really, other than 'good birdie'

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: drussell41

All animals under my care are a gift from God.

Yes!

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This is a cool story, glad to hear she was found safe and you took her in. She will have a great time at the animal sanctuary. I tend to like animals more then most people, they are truly a gift. S & F!

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity
I tend to like animals more then most people, they are truly a gift. S & F!

We both have the same problem

I had the opportunity to rescue animals since I was young. Many times the problem starts with careless people.

I'm happy this time the problem was solved by good people, from the sanctuary.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Just a little pullet, and not very old either, probably 2 months +/-.

Looks like a young Buff (Orpington) pullet. Could be a RI Red too, hard to say until it gets a little older.

ETA - Pretty amazing it survived actually. Surprised a cat didn't get it, or a fox. You sure someone around you doesn't raise chickens? They don't usually run very far.
edit on 6/14/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Just a little pullet, and not very old either, probably 2 months +/-.

Looks like a young Buff (Orpington) pullet. Could be a RI Red too, hard to say until it gets a little older.

2 months ??

Poor child on the streets. I'm happy she's far from the careless people who had her.

Only houses and business around. Lot of traffic, very close to downtown. Nearest farm must be one hour driving away. I think she was someone's pet.
edit on 14-6-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

On second glance, may be 3 months, but yeah it's pretty young. It's waddles haven't even started to form yet.

Could actually be a rooster too. Roosters get lanky looking like that, whereas hens just feather out.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That's a children's book in the making.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argen
That's a children's book in the making.

I like that. So many writers here. It could help rise awareness about abandoned animals.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Well, I'd love to do it for you, and I even have a story which would work, but I lost my "writer" status, so...

I guess not.

Sorry..

edit on 6/14/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Well, I'd love to do it for you, and I even have a story which would work, but I lost my "writer" status, so...

I guess not.

Sorry..

I didn't know you need an "status" to write a story. Not right !

I was thinking about a book with crayon illustrations and text

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity
I tend to like animals more then most people, they are truly a gift. S & F!

We both have the same problem

I had the opportunity to rescue animals since I was young. Many times the problem starts with careless people.

I'm happy this time the problem was solved by good people, from the sanctuary.

I've done a lot of cat rescue and have helped with a few dogs.

I think the longer you do animal rescue, the harder it is not to become jaded and cynical about human beings. Thank heavens for the ones who love animals; they counterbalance the ones who don't.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I guess not.

Sorry..

Uh, how does one lose one's writer status?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
UPDATE. For all animal lovers following the thread.

I just called the sanctuary. My little girl is doing great at her new home with all her new friends. A happy end.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join