It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists detect unexpected widespread structures near Earth's core

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
phys.org...

University of Maryland geophysicists analyzed thousands of recordings of seismic waves, sound waves traveling through the Earth, to identify echoes from the boundary between Earth's molten core and the solid mantle layer above it. The echoes revealed more widespread, heterogenous structures—areas of unusually dense, hot rock—at the core-mantle boundary than previously known.

Scientists are unsure of the composition of these structures, and previous studies have provided only a limited view of them. Better understanding their shape and extent can help reveal the geologic processes happening deep inside Earth. This knowledge may provide clues to the workings of plate tectonics and the evolution of our planet.

Earthquakes send sound waves through the Earth. Seismograms record the echoes as those waves travel along the core-mantle boundary, diffracting and bending around dense rock structures. New research from University of Maryland provides the first broad view of these structures, revealing them to be much more widespread than previously known. Credit: Doyeon Kim/University of Maryland

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The above image shows how areas of hot, dense rock called ultralow-velocity zones deep inside the earth bend and diffract sound waves produced by earthquakes. In a new analysis of the diffracted waves recorded by seismograms, UMD geologists reveal a new ULVZ under Marquesas and a bigger ULVZ beneath Hawaii than previously known. Credit: Doyeon Kim/University of Maryland

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Earthquakes, seen as yellow stars here, send sound waves through the Earth. Seismograms, seen as blue triangles here, record the echoes as those waves travel along the core-mantle boundary, diffracting and bending around dense rock structures. New research from University of Maryland provides the first broad view of these structures, revealing them to be much more widespread than previously known. Credit: Doyeon Kim/University of Maryland

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see the more detailed shapes of these structures as science advances.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Not gonna lie, I was hoping for a hollow earth thread🧿

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Looks like the egg might be hatching shortly....what is it though. It could be a chicken or a dragon. I think a dragon would be cool.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

It sure does sound as if they are planting seeds for upcoming disclosure with the use of a word like "structures." Seriously though, I enjoy the hollow earth theory. I havent read anything new regarding that in quite some time.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Awesome thread! I was wondering if there has been any new info like this about the center of the earth. Structures eh?..... could this be alien structures? That would be pretty damn strange but not to surprising.
Anyway thanks! S & F

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Takes me back to what an American ex radar operator told me when I asked him if he had any knowledge of UFOs..................... "I can't tell you anything it's more than my life is worth, all I can say is they aren't from up up there, they're from down here" as he pointed to the ground

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Cool thread. The sky down there is spose to be orange umm... dont ask me how I know that heheh.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Nice thread, was reading this last night and was going to post about today.

If I'm not mistaken, not only do earthquakes permit mapping features of the Earth deep under the mantle, but nuclear blasts, particularly sub-surface ones, are very effective at this as well. I was scanning through the article to see if any data came from sub-surface nuclear tests at some point.

Would also be very interesting to see a progression of how the features change over time. IIUC the Earth's magnetic field is product of the rotation of the heavy metal elements comprising the core. Whenever this rotation slows down, that will be signal the waning of our magnetic field, and soon after that happens, life on Earth will become difficult if not impossible. It would seem to me that a study like this over time could establish the velocity of the core's rotation, and the rate it changes at. Maybe one of our resident geologists can say more about utility of this kine of data.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It appears that my nougat center earth theory has been correct all along! Let the digging begin!

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I hope there are dinosaurs, city-sized geodes, tropical forests...

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I was hoping it would cover whether these influence the magnetosphere and how the poles shift.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

As long as you stress for entertainment purposes only

Strange timing on this thread as I recently found myself exploring the world of tsunamis once again, particularly the 2004 Asian and 2010 Japan events:

If you think we're at around 400,000 deaths from corona virus so far, that 2004 Asian tsunami must have initially claimed the lives of upward of 100,000 in the space of a few minutes, immense power.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Maybe its a lost continent from eons ago,caused to sink deep into the planet by crustal displacement or a huge meteor strike that ripped the plates apart.
Or (the standard Mars anomaly image reply)-"Its just rocks."

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Yeah - was hoping for some 'journey to the centre of the earth' type stuff.
Turns out it was just scientists - who are amongst the most ignorant people on earth when it comes to explaining the world we live in.

edit on 12/6/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I'll tell ya what I learned on this thread, and it's refreshing actually!

I learned that ATS is absolutely desperate to read about and discuss something OTHER than Biden, Trump, Seattle, COVID-19, fake news, democrats, republicans, senators and congresspersons!!!

And that's a GOOD thing!

40 stars and flags now becomes 41!

S&F

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Maybe its a lost continent from eons ago,caused to sink deep into the planet by crustal displacement or a huge meteor strike that ripped the plates apart.
Or (the standard Mars anomaly image reply)-"Its just rocks."

Are you being serious? If you are, that is actually a pretty interesting theory. If you're not being serious, I fell for what sounded like a very interesting theory that I would like to hear more about.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
It appears that my nougat center earth theory has been correct all along! Let the digging begin!
No digging involved, just a boat trip threw the "Zone". I have researched the subject as thoroughly as humanly possible. The science of seismology is good science, the interpretation, is not. I have discovered the locations of the openings, but hidden from view. In old books it is shared that if you enter, you may not leave. Well, that is, if, you are a member of a secret society, in good standing, you may.

The puzzling reason why this secret is guarded to such a degree may be just as bizarre as what might be found, or learned, from them. It is suggested that "They" do not like to answer questions. In that lays some logic. They may not want to answer because of some shame they may have, or, they feel they do not need to reply to us out of superiority, or, they really do not have the answers. Or, they have been learning certain truth even hidden from them. Who on earth would like admitting to ignorance?

Another reason has to do with security. Security for their own people, keeping certain bloodlines from infiltrating their version of utopia. To cause irreparable damage to their society, as has been done to our own.

And the most bizarre reason of all. So bizarre I hesitate to share it. And maybe the greatest reason, why they choose not to answer certain questions. But first a little back ground.

From the Gospel Of Judas:

Jesus said to them, "How do [you] know me? Truly [I] say to you, no generation of the people among you will know me."
Jesus, the man of flesh and blood admits he is an outsider, from another ancient realm, kingdom. One that has been held from mankind's knowledge for generations.

But when Jesus noticed their ignorance, [he said] to them, "Why are you letting your anger trouble you? Has your God within you and [his stars] 35 become angry with your souls? If any of you is [strong enough] among humans to bring out the perfect Humanity, stand up and face me."
In this comment Jesus has revealed he is of a different god than what resides in the hearts of mankind. He also, arrogantly, challenges them to stand before a perfect human, from the perfect generation.

Judas [said] to him, "I know who you are and where you've come from. You've come from the immortal realm of Barbelo, and I'm not worthy to utter the name of the one who's sent you."
Judas reveals one of the names of this ancient place. But he also mentions it as "Immortal". The reference I believe is that all those perfected humans live for ever, or at least as long as they wish.

www.gospels.net...

In 1 Corinthians 15:

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
This passage states, most, if not all, are reborn into, the immortal after death.
www.biblegateway.com...
But:

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Recently Archbishop Viganò has now gone public with some suppressed information contained in a letter he wrote to President Trump. in it he admits there were two bloodlines of man.

These two sides, which have a Biblical nature, follow the clear separation between the offspring of the Woman and the offspring of the Serpent.

www.lifesitenews.com... w?fbclid=IwAR2UaTnfTdE3jPbPlCEwB--husKRcwJIIJ8788aT_XzmldbJ6YsgT7zSNTc

Read the entire letter for proper context. But for now, two mankind's. Jesus refers to them as man of earth, and man from heaven and the lord. There can be little doubt as to who this lord was. But Jesus appears to have reverence to this lord, to this heaven.

We, can not return to the immortal until our souls have passed the test, against that lord, the provocateur, adversary. Live a good life and you will be rewarded with a immortal life. Teaching humility, but living inhumanly. Turn thy cheek to appease, not of love. To remain slaves to be done with, as the seed of the serpent wishes. Since the great flood, this lord, these serpent gods have had no love for mankind, and have said and done everything in their power to trick and deceive us, both in the inner and outer worlds.

As in the world there are divisions built in. The most blatant example in the U.S. is the division between political parties. They will in time destroy each other, and also the country. A house divided against itself, can not stand. This applies to all aspects of life, and the greatest weapon against us, division. And the most covert reason why the inside and outside are divided. Superior, inferior, given time, will fight to virtual extinction. And upon completion of that destruction, Satan (Anunnaki) will once again come to rule this planet.

To accomplish this, Satan will sacrifice his own seed. The final battle was to commence once the new world order "was" established.

Are the earthquakes done for awhile???

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join