It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 numbers being manipulated across many states

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: SaturnFX
12% death rate here in the states...not good.

Think critically. An actualy 12% death rate would mean that on average for every 100 people you know or know of, 12 of them would have died. How many dead people do you know? And I mean people who died these last few months from COVID-19?

That is so disingenious

if everyone had it..across the board, then you might have a point.

To demonstrate how weird your question is, let me rephrase it

Ebola has a 90% mortality rate...meaning for every 10 people, 9 of them die.
so...how many people you know died from Ebola
check and mate bra..ebola is fake news.

Enough with your absurdity.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
Ebola also doesn't have a 40% rate of asymptomatic infection, with an over 99% survival rate.

The most accurate comparison is the common cold, as it has a similar asymptomatic rate, a similar infection rate, and is caused by Corona at least 30% of the time with pretty mu j similar symptoms.

So to review, Covid-19 is simply the common cold renamed for the sake of psychological terror during the transition of power as WW3 is on going.

You have lived your life, survivng every Corona Infection you ever had ( and yes if you ever had a cold in your life you have had Corona a few times.)

Imagine how annoying it would be if the news reported on every single cause of death with an over 99% survival rate with red breaking news headlines and counting them by the hour?? That's exactly what this is.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

They are telling us to wear masks because everyone might be infected though. You know asymptomatic. If it kills at 12% and we're all being told to wear masks so we don't pass it on ... how many people do you know or know of who have mysteriously dropped dead?

Odds are that if it's that common that we all must wear masks to avoid spreading it because we might have it, then you know someone (more than one with a 12% death rate) who had died of it, and I'm not just talking about stats.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

12% 'case fatality rate' or 'infection fatality rate'?

When you primarily test people that have symptoms, are elderly, have comorbidities and are medically fragile, you are bound to have more deaths.

Until we do widespread randomized tests to get the 'infection fatality rate' all we have is a VERY skewed 'case fatality rate.'

Besides, many states count every retest done in previously diagnosed COVID patients as 'new infections'...that inflates the number of cases. Based on three of Florida's largest counties, retests account for about 40% of all 'new cases.'

edit on 6/12/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

They are up to a little over 800 confirmed cases in the country my husband works in thanks to a meatpacking plant. There are 2 deaths. That's not a 12% death rate, and most of those testing positive? They never showed symptoms.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Ebola also doesn't have a 40% rate of asymptomatic infection, with an over 99% survival rate.

The most accurate comparison is the common cold, as it has a similar asymptomatic rate, a similar infection rate, and is caused by Corona at least 30% of the time with pretty mu j similar symptoms.

So to review, Covid-19 is simply the common cold renamed for the sake of psychological terror during the transition of power as WW3 is on going.

You have lived your life, survivng every Corona Infection you ever had ( and yes if you ever had a cold in your life you have had Corona a few times.)

Imagine how annoying it would be if the news reported on every single cause of death with an over 99% survival rate with red breaking news headlines and counting them by the hour?? That's exactly what this is.

coronavirus is a type of virus
sars-covid-19 is the name of this specific virus, and it is different
its a bit like saying liver cancer and skin cancer is all the same. No, its not, nor is it renamed. there may be similarities but one is far more fatal than the other

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

12% 'case fatality rate' or 'infection fatality rate'?

When you primarily test people that have symptoms, are elderly, have comorbidities and are medically fragile, you are bound to have more deaths.

Until we do widespread randomized tests to get the 'infection fatality rate' all we have is a VERY skewed 'case fatality rate.'

Besides, many states count every retest done in previously diagnosed COVID patients as 'new infections'...that inflates the number of cases. Based on three of Florida's largest counties, retests account for about 40% of all 'new cases.'

1) I agree, randomized testing will paint a clearer picture. We are testing the clearly sick, in which case it will affect the mortality rate. randomized testing for anyone/everyone would be the way to go to if anything, find a more accurate map of what is going on
2) I will need a reliable source for your retesting = reinfection claim. That sounds like paranoid bs.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Taking SARS-CoV-2/covid out of the picture entirely.. It seems we had a pretty rough "flu" season. Importantly noting that what we call "flu" season is actually a time when we see an uptick in illness and disease in general. I think this is important, because everything from testing to public perception is laser-focused on a single pathogen. I believe this is an extraordinarily detrimental approach.

Bringing The Virus back into the picture, it seems that for the vast majority its pretty much like most other coronaviruses.

Now, if we can believe anything whatsoever about any of this, it appears that certain regions get hit significantly harder than others. I think there is a very, very strong argument to be made that this is at least in part because of policy, protocols, and politics.

Taking those out though.. Why might these places be harder hit? We know that vaccines can cause susceptibility, that pollution both compromises immune systems and increases atmospheric pathogen density, vitamin levels & diet are big contributing factors, EMFs compromise immune systems, etc. There seem to be big factors here that we can actually examine and change.

So, why arent we talking about these things?

It would also damage the corporations and their agents though. The same individuals and groups that are giving all the advice and solutions.

Lets say The Virus is substantially worse than they are telling us, and that the people set to profit most from the situation truly are acting honestly and with the deepest altruism.

Why are we still not talking about other factors that drive illness and disease in the population?

Maybe those experts just missed that whole portion of the situation. Scientific/medical endeavors and research can genuinely lead to shocking levels of myopism and general disconnects.

Either way, we should probably be talking about all this other "stuff." We can hijack the signal and actually improve peoples health. Whether the end result of that is simply healthier, happier people every year, all year round, or increasing peoples chance to survive one of the worst viruses ever seen..

Either way, there is so much we can do without waiting for approval from Authorities. Seems like every perspective on The Virus could get behind such movements.. From one extreme to the other! But it all remains almost entirely focused on Numbers and Statistics (and how they are gathered) coming to us through digital screens.
edit on 12-6-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I figured it out from a local news story in Florida. Here are some of the screenshots I took of various reports on that subject (I posted about this a few weeks ago and provided links there):

DeSantis:

The Atlantic:

CDC:

Oh, and I think your OP sounds like paranoid BS.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I figured it out from a local news story in Florida. Here are some of the screenshots I took of various reports on that subject (I posted about this a few weeks ago and provided links there):

DeSantis:

The Atlantic:

CDC:

Oh, and I think your OP sounds like paranoid BS.

It literally says, with your highlights on it, that a retest that adds to a positive doesn't make it a new case...did you even read it?
this is why you follow out how many new cases there are.
if you get tested and its positive, its a positive test...be it once, or 100 times
same with negative tests. test once, its a negative. test two times, its two tests reporting negatively.
This really isn't that hard to understand
and I think your response is one of willful ignorance. I guess we both have our opinions on this matter. Seems you are soo frightened you simply don't want to believe any of it (pretty common around these parts).
I accept the reality, and instead of being fearful, I am simply taking commonsense precautions. hand sanitizer, mouthwash, and a knowledge I am making dumb decisions and therefore not going to put others in harms way should I spend a saturday night at a bar...rinse, repeat, and keep away from everyone for a week

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Obviously, you didn't read my post. Yes, I dug and dug and found that one footnote at the CDC and buried in county reports in Florida. BUT, if you go to all these state COVID-19 dashboards and the CDC Dashboard to get the 'new infection/case' numbers, you will NOT find a footnote that tells you the numbers include retests.

So, if you test a person who is positive 100 more times and they are still positive, then all 100 would be included in the 'new infections/case' numbers reported by the CDC and many states.

Deny ignorance...don't seize on one thing you read and assume that because I found it, it must be obvious to everyone. It's not.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
news.google.com...

Are cases spiking are they doing more testing? 

The above link for Florida statistics has a graph for new cases and below its is a graph for the number of testing. Their seems to be a coalition between an increase in positive cases with an increase of testing.

On April 4th FL had around 1000 new cases per day and was barely conducting 10,000 tests a day; and many days much lower.

Today FL is back to around 1000 new cases per day and is conducting great than 20,000 tests a day; many days much more than that. 

edit on 12-6-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

From your OP:

In Florida, the data scientist who developed the state's coronavirus dashboard, Rebekah Jones, said this week that she was fired for refusing to manipulate data "to drum up support for the plan to reopen." Calls to health officials for comment were not immediately returned Tuesday.

How ridiculous is it that the same person was happy to roll in retests with the 'new cases' to inflate the number of new cases for Florida?

I started out being as concerned as I was meant to be about this virus and felt that was appropriate given what we knew (or didn't know) then. As time has gone on, my personal opinions have changed with the new information we are gathering.

I'm not clinging to my original opinion and just looking for ways to justify clinging to it.

The number of people tested is being inflated but so is the number of 'new cases.' That is what we know now.

Antibody tests are inflating the number of 'new cases' reported and, yes, they are also inflating the number of people tested for 'COVID-19.' The antibody tests are about as reliable as a coin toss.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about how many people are tested...not unless we are doing widespread randomized PCR testing (which, as Serdgiam has pointed out are controversial, as well). It's an arbitrary metric as far as reopening goes.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
ATS really needs to make up its mind On post saying the states lie and COUNT every death as the virus other post now say they ignoring and not testing so numbers look better which is it ?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I agree. Here is a link to southwestern Ontario London Middlesex region..4 new cases..1 new death
CTV London

Guess what the death reported was 92 years old and in a nursing home. Sad that he she died but 92 is a pretty full life that most of us can only dream of reaching. Also are you telling me that at 92 he/she had no other pre-existing conditions that would not have been the main factor of demise eventually.
Where are all the other mortality numbers?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

There are many problems going on with the data and they aren't all the same from state to state. And then there are the problems with the CDC's data reporting, too.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Is it real?
Is it fake?

Does it matter?

Truly! Saturn, you are under the impression that The Virus is worse than they are telling us, correct?

I believe it is not, but I think people are dying all the same. I dont even believe its all protocol, policy, and politics. I think it is unmasking the damage done to our immune systems by every industry from pharma/medicine to the food industry over many years, for profit. I think everything that has happened this year is connected and is a means to an end. Thats my opinion though.

But.. We believe we are being lied to, all the same, right? Why arent we calling for investigations? Truly independent teams looking into this. Even a "battle of opinions" in an open forum between experts. Pretending we have some sort of settled science on this is silly, even without the technocracy angle.

For testing, why arent we calling on testing of stored blood in the medical system?

Why arent we doing anything other than debating the cultivated narrative?

I think these are some real important questions, with some real important answers.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
For testing, why arent we calling on testing of stored blood in the medical system?

My God...this is a genius idea.

second line.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It wouldnt address the issues with using PCR tests for these purposes.. But it would give a helluva lot of insight if the tests and those who share the data are reliable/trustworthy.

I just think there are an enormous amount of options here and we can hijack this deceptive signal. Ideally, to find out the truth. Because that seems to be the thing many of us agree on; they are lying.

And, from my perspective, regardless of who is right about The Virus here.. Or which political side is the bestest and the worstest.. It seems its all going in the same authoritarian direction.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Obviously, you didn't read my post. Yes, I dug and dug and found that one footnote at the CDC and buried in county reports in Florida. BUT, if you go to all these state COVID-19 dashboards and the CDC Dashboard to get the 'new infection/case' numbers, you will NOT find a footnote that tells you the numbers include retests.

So, if you test a person who is positive 100 more times and they are still positive, then all 100 would be included in the 'new infections/case' numbers reported by the CDC and many states.

Deny ignorance...don't seize on one thing you read and assume that because I found it, it must be obvious to everyone. It's not.

testing showing infections is not a new case unless it is a new case.
its all about checking the cases, not positive infections.
Check out John Hopkins map, the popular one everyone is watching
Here
What its showing is cases
of those cases, who is recovered, and who died...not what the infections are as it is misleading and tells us nothing
This is a tool to help discover the lethality of what is going on, along with where clusters are known (you can't know of cases yet to be tested of course,
which is why every single person needs a couple month self administered supply of these things so we can then get a perfect count of where we are. Hell, if we all had a test kit and took it today, this virus would disappear in a week and we could all go out without precautions tomorrow (assuming the positives stay the hell home)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join