It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One Who DOESN'T Have A Problem With Police?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am 39 years old. I have been stopped by the police 3 separate times while I was a teenager on my bike because they thought I was running drugs across the neighborhood. Each time, they thought for sure I had drugs on me. I got off my bike and had my hands put behind me and was frisked each time. I didn't have anything on me. I thought it was stupid they stopped me, but I was respectful and was let go without incident within a couple of minutes. I did have a laser pointer on me, which was pretty uncommon in 1995 for the average person which they thought was pretty cool.

As an adult, I have been pulled over while driving multiple times. Each time, it was a minor traffic violation. Again, I was respectful and did not have any altercations in which I was pulled out. One time I had multiple AR15s in my trunk and multiple magazines in the back seat in clear view.

I just don't understand what people are talking about when they refer to the abuses by police. I guess I was just lucky the 10+ times I have been stopped by the police. All different cops, different locations etc.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: illusion987

Are you saying that since you have not been personally abused you can't see the abuse or are you just asking if you are the only one that hasn't been victimized by them?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
No..
I respect the police and appreciate the work they do.
There are bad apples everywhere, but somehow the rare times it happens among the force.. it get more media time.
This whole thing is ridiculous, and people are overreacting.. and some are just in it for the violence and looting.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Maybe because he was respectful and didn't resist knowing he had nothing to be arrested for things went just fine .

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Just co operate, stay out of their way and let them do their job.

I was robbed on the street once, and one of the cops arrested the robber on his free time, i gave them a good description of the criminal and he instantly knew it was that guy.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

There are bad apples everywhere, but somehow the rare times it happens among the force.. it get more media time.
This whole thing is ridiculous, and people are overreacting..

Its the new *IN* thing dontcha know.....the chance to *virtue signal*!!

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

Not all cops are respectful either. I support the police, and also know there are bad ones that I do not support. Once again. Why is everything black and white with you guys? Either it's all or nothing. How about we support good cops and punish the bad ones. Simple, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I have another question about the multiple times you were stoped and detained on your bike. I am guessing you mean bicycle but that doesn't really matter. You said they put your hand behind your back does that mean the cuffed you? I am also guessing they questioned searched and IDed you. Did they explain their probable cause? I am asking because the Constitutions 4th amendment protects people from unlawful searches and seizures. This means that the police can't search you or your house without a warrant or probable cause.

People have their rights violated all the time because they don't know their rights. Rights are like muscles if you don't exercise them they atrophy.

link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

Maybe because he was respectful and didn't resist knowing he had nothing to be arrested for things went just fine .

You reminded me of this Chris Rock PSA... (Warning.. language)

How to not get your ass kicked by the police

edit on 7-6-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
This whole thing is ridiculous, and people are overreacting.. and some are just in it for the violence and looting.

Most cops are good people ... maybe a little too in touch with the harsher side of humanity. But what can you expect. They don't get a lot of calls to go out and congratulate. They get called to someone else's mess.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am saying after 10 samples, not one was bad. Am I just really lucky or is there a false narrative spreading?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'm proud of our Police Department. Here in Newark NJ, police is nice with all respectful people and tough with bad guys. I've been stopped few times in a very well mannered way and every time they did it, I felt happy to see them doing their job.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Oh, I am sure they violated my rights. The point is. I didn't react negatively and the end result was very peaceful and nothing happened. Could I have voiced my opinion? Sure, I could have also been brought to Juvenile Hall too. Because I am intelligent and was brought up to respect EVERYONE, the end result was good.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The only bad experience I ever had was when my ex filed an epo on me then said I violated it. About 4 or 5 deputies pounded on my door till I opened it and threw me to the ground with a knee to the back while they handcuffed me. I didn't resist and let them do their job.

To me, they were going off of her word and thought I was a violent person, which if you ask anyone who knows , knows that is far from the truth.

I blamed the ex for that, not the deputies.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i don't respect how the supposedly good police allow the bad police to continue being police.

I also don't like that guys at the top are protecting pedophile rings and using it as blackmail.

I don't like how they plant drugs on people or do drugs themselves and arrest people for doing the same thing.

I don't like how they throw a man in jail for years for stealing a candy bar and can't do # about the FED clicking a button to create trillions of dollars out of thin air.

i don't like how they uphold a slave system ignorantly working for the slave masters.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I wonder how much overtime the police are making over these protests and riots?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You are sure they violated your rights but it wasn't a bad interaction. lol

In my opinion that is sad you would think there wasn't a problem with it. If you had stood up for yourself and not been subservient to their unlawful demands you probably would have had what you would call a bad experience.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
I don't like how they throw a man in jail for years for stealing a candy bar and can't do # about the FED clicking a button to create trillions of dollars out of thin air.

News Flash: Congress (i.e. the legislative system) create the laws and set the penalties, not police (they are part of the judicial system burdened with enforcing the laws created by the legislature). Simply put, the police enforce the laws, they do not make them.

It seems your ire is a bit misdirected on this point. I suggest you take a civics class to know the difference.

edit on 6/7/2020 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Neither do I . Eventually they Police their Own , and the Bad Apples are Removed for the Good Of All and Sometimes that takes Time . Just Think of a America Without Law Enforcement for a Second , you would be Lucky to reach the Age of 40 without them in your Lifetime .......

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: illusion987

I just don't understand what people are talking about when they refer to the abuses by police. I guess I was just lucky the 10+ times I have been stopped by the police. All different cops, different locations etc.

I dare say you haven't looked so much....so whatever grabs you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join